Ethereum

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
It doesn't really matter anymore. Eth has already proven itself to not be a good form of sound money, but now it has also proven to be quite reckless in its development. The switch to pos is obviously going to be another splitting mess. This on top of the fact that it was already a flawed idea with computation happening on chain(as opposed to verification), this project is standing on very little atm.

sri19

Aug 10, 2016
Hmm, I'm not so sure. It's been holding steady at $11-$12. I'd say that's an achievement given how turbulent the last two months have been for ETH.

The team and community goes on developing and making enhancements. Although the initial hype has clearly worn off, its now in the hands of the developers / community how they make ETH grow. That's a nice place to be.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
No one is disputing that Bitcoin is a good investment. We are discussing whether his prediction and advice were good. They were not.

Prediction: Investment X is better than investment Y.
Outcome 1: Investment X receives a 50% gain.
Outcome 2: Investment Y receives a 550% gain
Conclusion: Prediction was wrong.

Reactions: satoshis_sockpuppet

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
Honestly, it looks to me like Ethereum is now sucking the market cap out of Bitcoin. For many reasons, but primarily the terrible leadership of Core.

I hope you all are hedged. You all are the good guys. I have massive respect for the BU crowd and this board.

Reactions: VeritasSapere

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
How I learned to hate alt coins - I have a nice hedge on a few percent of my Bitcoin holdings diversified on cryptsy. I have a few gems in the collection unfortunately I didn't want the hassle of managing all those wallets and now they've been stolen. No ETH though. I'm backing bitcoin.

Windowly

Dec 10, 2015
@AdrianX BTC-e kept my NVC and namecoin I bought back four years ago . . . in the future though I think If I buy a bit of altcoins it'll be only ones that I can store easily on my Trezor.

Reactions: AdrianX