Coronavirus: COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
It's in italian but google translator still works.. https://www.ilgiorno.it/bergamo/cronaca/cornavirus-morti-esercito-1.5073459

Unfortunately this isn't a fake news.

Sorry, I know that this is OT, no more post from me about the coronavirus.
it's not off topic; and it affects the value of Bitcoins (and gold btw). doubters have to explain why in any other normal time, ordinary flu wasn't causing scenes and horrific stats like this in places like Bergamo and all across Italy and China. the medical professionals know what they're doing and are working hard to prevent this scourge from happening in your country. it could be coming to you.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cypherdoc
I think the flu (Corona) is the tiny pin that burst the financial bubble. As a long term prepper, I'm not worried about the flu. But I would still recommend people to stack up on freeze dried food and have a big tank of water. More now, than before. A financial crisis or war on your own turf is really bad.

EDIT:
PS. Corona is a very convenient scapegoat for central banks and politicians for a financial meltdown. The real reason is of course debt spiralled out of control. Not a month or three with bad business.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
it's not off topic; and it affects the value of Bitcoins (and gold btw). doubters have to explain why in any other normal time, ordinary flu wasn't causing scenes and horrific stats like this in places like Bergamo and all across Italy and China. the medical professionals know what they're doing and are working hard to prevent this scourge from happening in your country. it could be coming to you.
Nobody of those professionals has the data.
Bergamo is a province with more than 1 million people. A reason why many people get sick at the same time could be the fact that it's a virus that spreads faster than flu viruses because it's a virus that in most cases causes mild or no symptoms. Perhaps the same quantity of deaths happen within some weeks instead of months.

Study: In Italy there were almost 50 times as many cases of people with multi-resistant germs as in Iceland.
Perhaps many of the victims would survive at home, but not in those hospitals.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
my wifes influenza symptoms and complications this year were extreme in comparison to tom hanks coronavirus symptoms.

bit the fucked up part about coronavirus 19 and the need for caution is the amount of equipment needed to treat the worst cases is insufficient if left unchecked.

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
Recession? Peak delusion. People actually believe that a lockdown of main parts of the society/economy will just lead to a recession. Unbelievable.
Feel free to post your worst case outcome, if it is based on sound reasoning maybe you'll convince some people.

Also I gave a couple of examples of what some basic prudent steps would be for social distancing. Yes some governments may go beyond this. Feel free to vote against those people during next election or move to your own self-ruled island.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Feel free to post your worst case outcome, if it is based on sound reasoning maybe you'll convince some people.
I already did.

Flatten the pandemic curve
.. multiplies the time of the shutdown
.... multiplies the number of mass bankruptcies
...... leads to mass panic
........ leads to the disappearance of electricity and the Internet
.......... leads to the evaporation of the nuclear power plants
............. nobody survives except cockroaches, Cher and Keith Richards

• Haha
Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It's just the flu.
Millions die. Every time.
Get used to the flu.

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
A flu is a quarter holocaust ...
Dude, please have a clue.

Flatten the pandemic curve
.. multiplies the time of the shutdown
.... multiplies the number of mass bankruptcies
...... leads to mass panic
........ leads to the disappearance of electricity and the Internet
.......... leads to the evaporation of the nuclear power plants
............. nobody survives except cockroaches, Cher and Keith Richards
It's cool that you are so science based and knowledgeable, and not at all a fear monger like the people you are railing against :)

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
It's cool that you are so science based and knowledgeable, and not at all a fear monger like the people you are railing against :)
So funny.

Orwellian babble: It's not those who panic and overreact thousendfold with a shutdown of the society against a flu virus that are the panic makers.

And you still don't have the stomach to present your position, whether you support those enforced shutdowns or not. Someone who refuses to present his position and his solution criticises those who have a position. But you have the chuzpah to demand me to lay out my position.

Your non-position is the opposite of science.
Your believe that a hopeless indebted hypercomplex just-in-time society can be locked down for months and be saved with helicopter money is the opposite of science. It's religion. It's trust in the New Idol, the state, where the slow suicide of all—is called "life."

Or lay out your scientific position.
How ...
flatten the pandemic curve
.. doesn't multiply the time of the shutdown
.... which doesn't multiply the number of mass bankruptcies
...... which doesn't lead to mass panic
........ how helicopter money can prevent all those events.
........... How a months-long shutdown doesn't even lead to depression, let alone collapse. Just a recession.

Come on!

The NSSF said in a March 20 press release, “Right now, across America, tens of thousands of our fellow citizens are lining up at their local federally licensed firearm retailer to purchase firearms (after an industry-supported background check) and ammunition to protect themselves and family during this uncertain time.”

Shutdown triggers panic? No no, it's just more shooting sport activity that's coming to you. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Dude, please have a clue.
Holokaustos (= burnt offerings)

Pronunciation[edit]
more ▼
  • IPA(key): /ho.ló.kau̯s.tos/ → /oˈlo.kaɸs.tos/ → /oˈlo.kafs.tos/

are an achievement of civilization. With the invention of male gods the invention of burnt offering came.
The civilization of humanity is the perversion of humanity.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Nobody of those professionals has the data.
Bergamo is a province with more than 1 million people. A reason why many people get sick at the same time could be the fact that it's a virus that spreads faster than flu viruses because it's a virus that in most cases causes mild or no symptoms. Perhaps the same quantity of deaths happen within some weeks instead of months.

Study: In Italy there were almost 50 times as many cases of people with multi-resistant germs as in Iceland.
Perhaps many of the victims would survive at home, but not in those hospitals.
We're getting numerous first hand reports from doctors and other medical professionals from multiple disparate geographical locations (Washington, NY, China, Italy) about overwhelming concentrations of severe cases/deaths flooding local hospitals, the severity of which none have ever seen before. Can it all be just a mass widespread delusion?

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
We're getting numerous first hand reports from doctors and other medical professionals from multiple disparate geographical locations (Washington, NY, China, Italy) about overwhelming concentrations of severe cases/deaths flooding local hospitals, the severity of which none have ever seen before. Can it all be just a mass widespread delusion?
Where? There have been a ton of news articles saying this in the general case, but no specifics that I have seen. Which hospitals are over capacity and how? I genuinely would like to understand that, so much is just noise by journalists who are just saying what other journalists are saying.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
As I already said, there are several reasons conceivable. I would not deny that some hospitals have difficulties dealing with the patients who are driven into the hospitals by the mass panic staged by the government and the media. It doesn't surprise me. Without such panic propaganda many would stay at home with their flu as always. When I got a flu, I never went to visit a doctor, let alone a hospital. Perhaps a majority of them should not visit the hospital, especially in Italy, where the antibiotic resistence is 50 x higher than in Iceland. When they quarantine all positive tested employees and those around them, it is no wonder that there is a shortage of staff.
40 years ago, I had a motorbike accident in Milano. I know the hospitals there. I guess it's not much better there today. Once upon a time a friend of mine has been hospitalized with a bicycle accident in Italy. 2 days later when he got the first visits of his relatives, they found him in the hospital bed, still wearing his cycling cloths....

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
My best case scenario: The decision makers realize in three weeks that decommissioning the economy will result in higher collateral damage than a 'let it happen' scenario. In this case, worldwide government debt, which is already reaching an overcritical level of at least 100 percent of GDP, will rise to 120 percent.

With each additional week that goes beyond these 3 weeks, the national debt increases exponentially. In the case of 8 weeks to 140 percent and in 16 weeks to 170 percent or more. Always with the risk of a complete collapse, which also increases exponentially with each additional week, will make all numbers of waste.

And all that to fight a new version of a flu virus? The absurdity is screaming...

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Where? There have been a ton of news articles saying this in the general case, but no specifics that I have seen. Which hospitals are over capacity and how? I genuinely would like to understand that, so much is just noise by journalists who are just saying what other journalists are saying.
continuous first hand accounts over CNN et al TV face to face interviews of exhausted, desperate physicians and medical professionals from all these disparate locations.they ain't all delusional, I can tell you that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richy_T and witly