BUIP124: New Members for Election #13

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@solex
although his antipathy towards BU in public comments
Can you please provide examples of what you mean?
From looking briefly, I have only found one negative comment made a month ago that is more directed at BU leadership and direction rather than against its founding principles.
I'd love to know what other comments you might be referring to.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
The reddit post highlighted by Christoph and something similarly annoying in the BU slack. We have never had a prospective BU member lash out in this way before wanting to join. Frankly, how many other orgs would welcome a new member from such a starting point?

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I responded to @Christoph Bergmann 's comment at the time. See my response linked below, and note particular that I asked him questions at the bottom to which he did not respond.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-membership-join-us.208/page-17#post-90270

Public comments made by actual standing BU members such as @Norway, @bitsko strike me as
more harmful and divisive than what this applicant has said so far.
Nothing wrong with seeking to provide a clearer direction and improving leadership for Bitcoin Unlimited.

For the record, I've asked Solex to reference in BU Slack the comments by @sken that he found objectionable.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@freetrader
His comment on reddit is not a barrier to his application being voted on by the members. I will look at slack again, but I am busy today readying the BUIPs for voting and notifying the membership.
@sken's application will be temporarily deferred until he responds in this forum. If he waits too many days then his application will be deferred until the next vote which is pencilled in for July.

Reactions: freetrader

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
for the record, the left is attempting to fill the ranks of BU and complete their ostracism of BSV.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@solex : I don't see @Richy_T listed on the /voting site.

How are we supposed to vote on his reinstatement?

@bitsko : you made your aims clear when you tagged BUIP123 as a "commie leftist purge".

sken

Nov 22, 2017
sken pioneered the discussion on blockchain pedophilia.

sken crafts narratives. if you like extreme polarization, vote for sken, he wont hesitate to fling shit until he runs out of it temporarily or enough of it sticks.
for the record: i was hospitalized for a week or so and just released a few days ago. Im still recovering and being away from a lot of social media and development since then.

Its interesting that you accuse me of division when its you the person that goes into pro BCH channels and do nothing but attack BCH through trolling and snarky comments. Its also telling that you are in paid private BSV groups where narratives against BCH are discussed and coordinated. so who is the one crafting narratives here?

I have nothing against you, and i usually take all your comments as banter. But now I find it very low of you to try to sabotage my application through obvious lies. mind you that it was CSW and the BSV supporters like you that brought the "pedophilia on the blockchain" as attack against CDS. A proposal that was started and approved by BU. When it finally happened on BSV, i just pointed the irony of it all, and you and other BSV supporters obviously didnt like to be ousted as hypocrites

@solex i have been critical about some of the things BU do, that is true. but after talking in more depth with other members i realize that most of these problems are due to a vocal minority, and its not a fair representation of the entire BU membership. If you find it offensive I apologize, but I do believe that BU is at the brink of making a very important decision, and as someone deeply invested in BCH i would like to be part of that

its true that i have been vocal about politics. but I plead to you and everyone to also consider my contributions to BCH starting from bringing schnorr signing and verifying to the JVM, to my personal project of creating a BCH library to create, verify, and sign transactions. also a JSONRPC client, and soon to be a gRPC one for BCHD. Unfortunately my work was halted due to a serious disease i got at the beginning of april and recovery has been slow. But i still expect to be done by the end of May.

If there is anything else you or other members want me to address. please let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
mind you that it was CSW and the BSV supporters like you that brought the "pedophilia on the blockchain" as attack against CDS.
This matches my recollection.
@bitsko, your time is now to substantiate the accusation you brought forward against @sken.

@solex : I think sken's prompt reply warrants un-deferring his election in this round.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I wont.

I told sken i wouldnt and that he could delete all the evidence if he wished.

What we have here is a BCH proponent coup, with the aim of restricting BU resources from BSV.

I urge all members not participating in the couo to vote no across the board on these new members.
[doublepost=1557068173][/doublepost]note that i intentionally promoted a difference of opinion im the past, voting to fund wecx despite our completely at odds views, voting in the leftists to increase dialectic.

Now that they have taken greg maxwells advice and begun ostracism votes its clear that there is no interest in difference of opinion, only interest in the seizure of power.
[doublepost=1557068336][/doublepost]'narratives against BCH are discussed and coordinated.'

I demand evidence for this rather serious allegation

Reactions: torusJKL and Norway

sken

Nov 22, 2017
@bitsko you can have difference opinion all you want, and im all for that. but you are the one here that came with false allegations, still you imply you wont retract by saying "i can delete the evidence". you are accusing me of the very same thing you are guilty of right now.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I wont.

I told sken i wouldnt and that he could delete all the evidence if he wished.

What we have here is a BCH proponent coup, with the aim of restricting BU resources from BSV.

I urge all members not participating in the couo to vote no across the board on these new members.
[doublepost=1557068173][/doublepost]note that i intentionally promoted a difference of opinion im the past, voting to fund wecx despite our completely at odds views, voting in the leftists to increase dialectic.

Now that they have taken greg maxwells advice and begun ostracism votes its clear that there is no interest in difference of opinion, only interest in the seizure of power.
[doublepost=1557068336][/doublepost]'narratives against BCH are discussed and coordinated.'

I demand evidence for this rather serious allegation
Quoting this, as @bitsko could delete it at any moment.
[doublepost=1557069104][/doublepost]
for the record, the left is attempting to fill the ranks of BU and complete their ostracism of BSV.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
lol.

Im not going to retract anything.

I'm over here calling it how I see it.

I'm not going to delete anything.

You can save this stuff on the bsv blockchain though if it is really really important to you.
[doublepost=1557077329][/doublepost]I demand evidence for the allegations that I conspire in secret, or else i must kindly request that you retract these statements sken!

Reactions: Norway

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Thanks for your response @sken.
In the absence of evidence your application is proceeding.
The voting system indicates your ID was previously used, so I have to suffix an underscore this time. In fact, you were declined BU membership in BUIP090 which we all overlooked.

edit: application was declined in BUIP090

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Thanks for your response @sken.
In the absence of evidence your application is proceeding.
[...]
In fact, you became a BU member in BUIP090 which we all overlooked. It is necessary to vote at least once a year to maintain membership.
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/buip090-new-members-for-election-9.11039/#post-64042

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/voting-is-closed-for-buips-82-85-86-87-88-89-90.11198/#post-64041

@sken DECLINED 5:2:10

I don't see him becoming a member, do you mean to say the votes were counted wrong at the time?

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@freetrader Ah, yes, he previously applied and was declined, but is still loaded in the voting system.
Amending the OP...

So, he already applied, tried it again and didn't mention it?

@freetrader I did not reply to your defense of sken because after just crawling a few post of him it was clear that he agitates against bu - at least current bu organization - and that it is a no brainer that he should not become part of bu. I did not see a reason to discuss this with you further.

Reactions: solex

sken

Nov 22, 2017
@solex i assumed it was known that i applied before. the reasoning back then was that i didnt lobby enough to members, so a lot where unsure who i was.
[doublepost=1557104365][/doublepost]
So, he already applied, tried it again and didn't mention it?

@freetrader I did not reply to your defense of sken because after just crawling a few post of him it was clear that he agitates against bu - at least current bu organization - and that it is a no brainer that he should not become part of bu. I did not see a reason to discuss this with you further.
i have seen BU members far more critical of BU and BCH than whatever i have said tbh.

jtoomim

Jan 2, 2016
I am voting in favor of @sken. I take his previous criticism of BU's effectiveness as an organization as evidence that he wants BU to do better, and I take his subsequent application into BU's membership as evidence that he wants to put in effort to help BU do better. I take his Github account as evidence that he has both the technical aptitude and the motivation to help BU do better.

On the other hand, I take his insults and antipathy as evidence that he needs to work on keeping his head cool and being civil with everybody, even his political opponents, even when tensions are high and everyone is at each other's throats. After conversing with him a bit on Telegram, I believe he is aware of this and will do better in the future.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@solex i assumed it was known that i applied before. the reasoning back then was that i didnt lobby enough to members, so a lot where unsure who i was.
Of course it was known that you applied before, it is all a matter of public record.

https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/voting/render/member_list/17fedb2146b90528805cd8f43b585bfbc3db5e1343eb665d35e9976118a970ce

In fact, I can't understand why some BU members are now bringing up that you "should have mentioned it". That's unnecessary. Everyone who had paid attention could have known that this was your second application after you were declined the first.

I voted to accept you for the same reasons that @jtoomim expressed, plus the fact that none of your accusers were able to present the evidence they claimed to have against you beyond a critical Reddit comment.

Good luck with your application @sken and take care to recover your health well, it's more important than anything if you want to contribute to BU.