BUIP124: New Members for Election #13

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@maplesyrupsucker @LocalBitcolnCash @sken
___
I'd like to reiterate that BU hopes to be just one of many bitcoin implementations and membership vote is how we govern changes in this implementation. Members contribute voluntarily, and membership requires active participation to direct this project. (Non-members can participate in voting issues. I would encourage it as it builds rapport with voting members.)

BU is differentiated from other bitcoin implementations by this governed method giving an opportunity to all professions and economic classes to participate in the development process of bitcoin, and as such active participation and diversity is needed.

The adoption of BU within the bitcoin network is voluntary and as such members only indirectly impact the direction of the bitcoin protocol leaving the network participants free to choose the software that runs the Bitcoin protocol.

It is a priority for me to grow an active and diverse membership that is robust enough to prevent the type of governing issues we've seen with the past, specifically the concept of a single reference client run by a hegemony of incumbent developers.

I don't have any good formula for improving the screening process for new members, and I'd hate to see membership deteriorate. I'd like BU governance to evolve into the best form of governance there is, so we are going to need a competent and membership capable of critical thinking.

Before I cast a vote for new members, please meet me halfway and help me understand who you are by confirming the following:
  1. An online identity that can be validated that represents your participation in the cryptocurrency space (if you haven't already done so.)
  2. You've read and comprehend the Bitcoin Unlimited: Articles of Federation
  3. Can give some critical feedback on:
    a. one principal in the Articles you mostly agree with and why?
    b. one principle you think can be improved in the Articles and why?
  4. An appropriate screening question to ask new applicants to prevent introducing bad apples to the membership?
  5. The date you first started participating in some aspect of bitcoin discussion.
;) I think other members could also be interested in your responses.

P.s. You don't need to be a member to participate in development, or to project your opinions, everyone is welcome in the process. I'd encourage you all to ask questions, comment, discuss address advantages or disadvantages in the current BUIP's. Your participation and ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Adrian.

Last edited:
Reactions: solex and 79b79aa8

LocalBitcolnCash

Feb 7, 2018
@Norway @bitsko

Privacy is something once you lose it, it's almost impossible to have it back. I would like to hang on to that for now. I know you guys are BSV supporters and for what it's worth, I wrote this right after the BCH/BSV fork back in Nov 2018. "We are pleased to announce that all users have been credited with Bitcoin SV (BSV) based on their Bitcoin Cash balance prior to the fork. As a business, we prefer to be neutral to the event so we disabled trading to prevent users from dumping BSV on our exchange. However, users may withdraw their BSV to their own wallet and do as they prefer. As BCH ABC has the most proof of work, they get to keep the BCH ticker."

I believe our site is among the first to credit users with their BSV. I am not a big fan of politics and drama. While I am pretty neutral with the BSV community, I am not a big fan of Craig Wright anymore. I said "not anymore" because in light of new information about that guy, I have started to change my mind about him. Only a fool never changes his mind.

I am not a big fan of making vile threats such as this.
Given that Craig's actions/words had caused the BSV price to drop over 50% in the last month unnecessarily, if I was a BSV investor, I would be really upset and worried. I said unnecessarily because it does not have to happen if he was in more control of himself.

So that's where I stand right now (not a fan of Craig Wright, neutral towards BSV community, Bitcoin Cash supporter). I will not start a fight but I will always end one so please don't start a fight with me.

@AdrianX

Looks like a job interview, lol.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
When it finally happened on BSV, i just pointed the irony of it all, and you and other BSV supporters obviously didnt like to be ousted as hypocrites
You didn't just point out the irony.

At one point you accused me of actively defending "easy CP" even though I wrote a few tweets earlier that CP is not a good thing.

I find such a behavior disturbing.
Accusations of such a magnitude should no be made easily.

Reactions: freetrader

dgenr8

Sep 18, 2015
I don't suppose anyone else has noted the odd coincidence of hard-line ABC supporters ("sken", maplesyrupsucker, "floreslorca") applying for membership after the loud ABC resignations which, among other distasteful things, mocked the BU voting process?

Reactions: AdrianX and Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@dgenr8 sken's other handle is floreslorca, they are not two different people.

I know maplesyrupsucker as a Bitcoin Cash supporter, what makes you call him a "hard-line ABC supporter"?

Lol, freetrader, always here to shape the narrative.

@dgenr8 yes, this was noted. But no surprise. ABC acted like a playbook of propaganda since October. I guess partly it was because of the feeling to be attacked, like core since 2015. Seems like an emergent model of how to control the internet.

I don't care much. All the bu officials (zerg?) voted for the ABC enabling act by dropping bsv. It already happened, and its too late to turn it around.

Reactions: AdrianX

dgenr8

Sep 18, 2015
maplesyrupsucker merged the highly contentious fork spec that officially split the chain. Either he is a supporter of the contentious ABC dogma or he was acting on behalf of someone else. It doesn't really matter which.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@Christoph Bergmann :

I was stating one fact and asking another sincere question.
Lol, freetrader, always here to shape the narrative.
Look at you.

And you couldn't be bothered to answer after I caught you lying about ABC's block size parameter and how you claimed it was under Amaury's control.

It seems you are the one trying to create narratives here.

Reactions: Bagatell
Oh, Freetrader. Why do you think I owe you an answer? I wasted too much time and energy arguing your silly word games. Your comment about the ABC blocksize limit was just too stupid, like the Core people saying that the blocksize limit is not controlled by Core, because everybody is free to change it, and so on. Usually I just ignore such kind of arguments.

Other than you, I am well known with my real name, and even the most stubborn Core maximalists know than I am one of the most honest people in this space.

You seem to be especially angry today. What's up?

Last edited:
Reactions: torusJKL and Norway

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
@LocalBitcolnCash
I understand your reasons for staying anonymous and I have nothing against them.

But I think being a member of BU comes with a price and I think being a person in the public is one of the prices attached.

I have voted for anonymous members in the past but for now I will categorically reject such applications.

maplesyrupsucker

Nov 8, 2017
maplesyrupsucker merged the highly contentious fork spec that officially split the chain. Either he is a supporter of the contentious ABC dogma or he was acting on behalf of someone else. It doesn't really matter which.
Couldn't possibly be that I was acting on my own free will and simply agreed with the spec. /s

Good to see that famous charm of yours that many warned me about.

LocalBitcolnCash

Feb 7, 2018
@torusJKL

No problem, I can understand your point. Given how much BSV people hates me, I am not surprised if they all voted me out anyway. I guess I will have more free time to build stuff on top of Bitcoin Cash now.

dgenr8

Sep 18, 2015
@maplesyrupsucker

Sure, but ... doesn't it seem weird it was all up to you? And shouldn't you apply the same independent spirit when considering why people might smear me?