Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

jonny1000

Nov 11, 2015
I suppose you did not a reality check, discovering that that was only another stalling technique, and Core has decided to not fork, ever.
Core put forward BIP103, however the community rejected it by continuing the campaign for BIP101 or BIP109, which left the Core developers no choice but to rally behind the existing 1MB rule, in order to defeat the "attack". The attempts at compromise unfortunately got nowehere. Large block supporters never even put a counteroffer forward.

MoonShot

Jul 23, 2016
Sometimes it's hard not to engage. It's just super hilarious that practically every single thing he says is some kind of pedantic lecture as though he's talking to children. I sincerely hope that's deliberate in order to get a rise out of people, because while that's not exactly good, the alternative explanation is even more disturbing.
Is there anything J1000 can't teach us? Since he has considered every scenario and knows everything of relevance - if we'd only listen.
[doublepost=1476597207][/doublepost]
Core put forward BIP103, however the community rejected it by continuing the campaign for BIP101 or BIP109, which left the Core developers no choice but to rally behind the existing 1MB rule, in order to defeat the "attack". The attempts at compromise unfortunately got nowehere. Large block supporters never even put a counteroffer forward.
At this point you're simply making up big, fat lies.

Concern trolling has to be plausible, not completely deniable by anyone with a memory.

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
No, core put out bip103 as a completely laughable proposal, expressly to avoid any possible compromise and continue with their stalling.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Short question to the BU guys:
There was the call to translate the website to different languages (which is a good idea imho, a lot of people still read Bitcoin stuff in their native language), is there a coordination which languages are already done/being worked on?

Another idea: Imho it would be wise to have the tutorials/manuals about how to set up a node and use the json RPC on the website as well. As of today you can only get the info at bitcoin.org afaik. And I have seen a lot of new users to Bitcoin, who want to "help the ecosystem" to just run Bitcoin core because that's still the "current client" for them. Imho it is good to take away the advantages of bitcoin core in the "information warfare" from them. Make it easier for people to get into Bitcoin without getting in touch with core.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@all

I've been too busy with family and friends visiting recently to comment usefully, but rest assured I am watching from the sidelines with great, but cautious, satisfaction as many ideas hatched in this very thread are vindicated, the spilt memes finally seaping into the community consciousness, the years of scattered seeds finally sprouting and growing into powerful stalks and vines that we presently see burrowing into the ivory edifices of central control and dogma to rend them from within as we hear the faint sound of some of their inhabitants making their escape.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
@awemany
Yes, but I don't think many know. Even @theZerg worried that Rogers event could collide with mine, he he. I met Roger Ver in Milan thursday, two days before the event.

He liked the idea, and when I told him I tried to arrange it without a budget, he just said he would pay. What a man!

I had to borrow @theZerg's laptop to design the paper invitations, and @sickpig helped me cutting them out with scissors in my hotel room over a beer :)
now you can tell your grandchildren the story how a few men with scissors once saved the world ;).

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Short question to the BU guys:
There was the call to translate the website to different languages (which is a good idea imho, a lot of people still read Bitcoin stuff in their native language), is there a coordination which languages are already done/being worked on?
Dutch, Swedish, Chinese, Italian and Russian translations are all being worked on at the moment.

Another idea: Imho it would be wise to have the tutorials/manuals about how to set up a node and use the json RPC on the website as well. As of today you can only get the info at bitcoin.org afaik. And I have seen a lot of new users to Bitcoin, who want to "help the ecosystem" to just run Bitcoin core because that's still the "current client" for them. Imho it is good to take away the advantages of bitcoin core in the "information warfare" from them. Make it easier for people to get into Bitcoin without getting in touch with core.
Good points, will see what can be done on this...

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
-------------------------------------
Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP!
BTC $642.42
Gemini Daily $637.275 | 497.9833147 BTC | Total $317,352.32 (Sunday, 2016-10-16)
GBTC* $92
BTCswap(BFX - FFR) 0.0352% | BTCswap(Polo) 0.0288%
XAU (spot)* $1,251.62
COMEX CG1* $1,252.90
SPDR Gold Trust ETF* $119.68
HashRate 1.71 EH/s
MarketCap $10,209,946,022
BTC Dominance 81.2%
Exchange Volume (BTC) $49.11m
Exchange Volume (ALT) $25.5m
Exchange Volume [BTC] Dominance 65.8%
10YR Treas 1.75%
Copper* $210.9/lb
Crude (WTI)* $50.23/barrel

*Indicates price at market opening

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
I can translate to Norwegian. How/where do I start?
If I'm not mistaken you should clone https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimitedWeb and translate the fields in /src/locales/en.json into a file /src/locales/no.json (I guess) and submit a pull request for the finished translation.

Change "releases": "Experimental Releases" to "releases": "Smørebrød" or whatever it's called. ;)

Reactions: Norway and pekatete