Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Inca It really hasn't been annoying to me at all. In fact, the opposite. A lifesaver and much more fun & easy than real estate or stocks. Bitcoin is the ideal investment; buy it and head to the beach. Instant liquidity when you need it. Infinite appreciation potential.

All things @jonny1000 doesn't have a clue about especially when he says silly things like, "I'd rather see it go to zero when it does something I don't understand or i disagree with".

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
To add to the offensesiveness, is the aggressive, condescending, often ignorant and presumptuous manner with which nullc, Luke, and less so Adam argue.
That's exactly what my original reaction to Bitcoin was, and why I feel like alot of the small-blockist rhetoric condemning "populist tactics" and defaming democracy (which in this case isn't political democracy per se, but rather the market) is tremendously offensive on moral grounds.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Money that is accessible and affordable to all. Apolitical money. The separation of money and state. Monetary freedom. Money that travels the Internet seamlessly across borders. Money of the Internet, by the Internet, and for the Internet.

I believe these are principles completely foreign to kore dev.

jonny1000

Nov 11, 2015
All things @jonny1000 doesn't have a clue about especially when he says silly things like, "I'd rather see it go to zero when it does something I don't understand or i disagree with".
If we maintain the property that a HF is avoided, without strong consensus and the price goes to near zero, there is at least the opportunity Bitcoin can pick up again. If a consensus rule is eliminated without consensus, Bitcoin is as good as dead.

As a long term value investor, short term price fluctuations do not concern me much. I belive in Bitcoin for the long term, due to its unique robustness, driven by the design feature that the rules can not be eliminated without strong consensus from the entire community.

Lets get to 2MB, but please let the people who agree with me about robust rules stay on the same chain with you. Can you do that?

Last edited:

jonny1000

Nov 11, 2015
What convinced me to get into Bitcoin back in Jan 2011, way earlier than you
If you want to assume bad faith then fine. If you assume good faith then please listen when I try to explain this dispute. Many people, including me, made these assumptions about how difficiult it was to do a HF in the 2010 and 2011 period, we made asuumptions on top of these and became more conviced of these assumptions as Bitcoin succeded. You clearly made a different set of assumptions, that is why there is this dispute. We have deeply held views going back years.