Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@sgbett

link pls? i am not allowed to miss any brg444 smackdowns.
[doublepost=1457370277][/doublepost]
I'm usually a nice guy, but I've to say that Paul is quite an unpleasant person. This is how he ended our exchange on Bradley Kam's talk

how nice of him. quintessential small blockist?

Unfortunately the rest of the conversation is quite useless, though. It's pretty difficult to have an argument with someone who denied a fact.
trying to indirectly help you out:

Reactions: Norway and sickpig

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
along with every other fiat reserve currency that has ever existed in history.
I don't think there has ever been a globally-accepted fiat reserve currency other than the dollar. And the dollar, of course, became the global reserve currency when it was backed by gold.

Time will tell how much longer that will last...

Reactions: Norway

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Blockchain.info CEO Peter Smith reports on his views after round table:
Great post.

If you believe in the first vision, I urge you run to BitcoinClassic, as I do, in the near-term.
I just wish he'd have said instead "We here at Blockchain.info are running classic compatible nodes. If you believe in the first vision, I urge you run to BitcoinClassic, in the near-term."

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
The small blockers have nothing, arguing with them is futile because they don't logic.
Beautifully distilled.

I think the true underlying (original) philosophy of Bitcoin that everyone holds makes its success inevitable. It cannot be co-opted. Block stream have massively underestimated bitcoin's resilience.
Any hope they had that bitcoin would go quietly into the night must be wearing thin.

The community simply refuse to back down and continue to vocally fight and strain against BlockstreamCore. Claiming supposed technical superiority over the community has failed. Attempting to silence the majority has spectacularly blown up in their faces and led to plurality of discussion fora and newer competing bitcoin implementations which have divided the network and may be their eventual complete undoing. We are seeing the market find solutions to the problem, be it new code or investors wobbling the price to wake up the miners from their slumber.

Next comes bitter defeat as hashing power gradually follows KNC and coalesces for the next phase of bitcoin development. Someone will write a great book about this some day.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Twitter War:

Reactions: majamalu and Norway

lunar

Aug 28, 2015

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Looking at several post on /r/bitcoin front page. And something is happening. Posts are not sorted by "controversial" but "best". Bigblockers getting upvoted and dominating the post. Sure, some socks and trolls are present, but they are called out and downvoted.

What's happening? Did we just get /r/bitcoin back?
don't count any chickens, I came out of a 30 day ban, 3 or 4 days ago and 2 days ago u/evoorhees kicked up a fuss that Brian Armstrong's "What Happened At The Satoshi Roundtable", post had been censored.

I checked on
https://r.go1dfish.me/r/Bitcoin/new and saw it had been deleted 4 times with a total of 75 upvoats befor one was alowed. (it was allowed only after evoorhees made a stink in r/btc.)

Anyway some keen eyed redditor MP'ed me to let me know my posts pointing out the censoring were deleted. I checked without logging in and most of my posts were shadow banned. All posts discussing censoring or conflict of interest or the fact that SW increases bandwidth usage less efficiently and disproportionately to growth than simply rasing the block size were removed.

If you ask me the censoring is subsiding given this tool https://r.go1dfish.me/r/Bitcoin/new once theymos and co. have figured out how to censor without being called on it, it's back to the dark ages.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Someone should redub the ents video. All in fun of course :D

Saruman = Greg? Adam?
Isengard = Core?
Sauron = Austin?
Mordor = Blockstream?
Orthanc = /r/Bitcoin?
The Uruk-hai = mods?
Ents = long-term holders, old coins
Breaking the dam = unblocking the stream
Gavin at Core = Gandalf the Grey?
Gavin after leaving Core = Gandalf the White?

This is hilariously funny, don't forget:
control of the reference code = the one ring to rule them all.
gollum = maybe played by LukeJr?

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I gotta repost my own post on Classic slack here, because I like it so much:

@sysman: Stay with your agreement as long as you want. I expect the mempool to bloat, transactions to get stuck and the price to go much further down. Down to the point were miners can't take it anymore. And when you have the choice between bankruptcy or Classic, you will choose the latter. We are in a long bitcoin winter, and it will get even colder before we can see the sun. But I'm optimistic. Because bitcoin can scale. Both short term and long term, So I hodl. I'm not in a hurry. I don't have to explain anything to investors. I don't have electricity bills or debt to ASIC manufacturers. Time is on the hodlers side.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Norway
As a settlement network, Bitcoin should be able to move $millions in a single swoop. Who here thinks anything but a crash in the price would result from a single one of these?
Bitcoin's most valuable function is to use it to settle money owed, it's considered paid only when it's confirmed as public record on the blockchain. Be your own bank is why I like bitcoin, it allows me to focus on business and not worry about the banks the economy or economic manipulation as a result of centralised banks.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
He originally wrote "It behooves me how little imagination some of you have".

wow, that kid is mental. either that or he's a paid shill. probably both but skewed towards the latter.
[doublepost=1457381951][/doublepost]
I gotta repost my own post on Classic slack here, because I like it so much:

@sysman: Stay with your agreement as long as you want. I expect the mempool to bloat, transactions to get stuck and the price to go much further down. Down to the point were miners can't take it anymore. And when you have the choice between bankruptcy or Classic, you will choose the latter. We are in a long bitcoin winter, and it will get even colder before we can see the sun. But I'm optimistic. Because bitcoin can scale. Both short term and long term, So I hodl. I'm not in a hurry. I don't have to explain anything to investors. I don't have electricity bills or debt to ASIC manufacturers. Time is on the hodlers side.
yes, we hodlers have no overhead but we can cap the price in a range with our coins that will cripple the corrupt actors.
[doublepost=1457382132][/doublepost]it looks like i may hv gotten thru to JVP. not sure tho:

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
Alas it can't really be proven he is a shill, despite working for a PR firm, despite doing a total u-turn (in an almost identical manner to gmax & theymos and around the time that Back came on the scene) , and despite the lack of consistency of argument, the outright lies, the constant moving of the goalposts, the disingenuity, the mischaracterisation of people, ideas, arguments.

Mental it is then ;)

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Don't look now but KNC hasn't mined a block in the last 150 blocks. They may have problems ?
They may still be using the centralised Relay Network, and the Relay Network central authority may have moved the prioritising of their blocks until such time as they come back in line. But then that's very unlikely as a centralised authority would ever use its influence to remain dominant so I'm probably wrong.

Reactions: rocks and Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Soft forks of the consensus rules are just as capable of damaging Bitcoin and deserve similar consideration.

https://medium.com/@spair/what-i-learned-at-the-satoshi-roundtable-7f6ff19ac6c3#.uiginlt62

thank you Stephen Pair.

this is why it is no longer about SF's vs HF's. it's about the exact content of what is being proposed and which is causing the most changes. and upon close examination, it is the SWSF that is going to change Bitcoin economics and favor Blockstream offchain products while setting a precedent for future forced SF's via the dangerous wide open new script versioning system which enables "all sorts of things" to quote Lombrozzo & Todd. a HF in the current situation is not to be feared b/c at this point in the protracted, contentious, year long debate, everybody and their mother's know about the issue and are primed, locked, and ready to react to whichever solution gets enacted.
[doublepost=1457382979][/doublepost]
They may still be using the centralised Relay Network, and the Relay Network central authority may have moved the prioritising of their blocks until such time as they come back in line. But then that's very unlikely as a centralised authority would ever use its influence to remain dominant so I'm probably wrong.
we just got off the weekend with massive Matt partying. so deprioritized KNC routing is highly unlikely.