Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015

Interestingly, he sets up this mix of disinfo and strawman : devs are volunteers.

What about the key devs who are paid by Blockstream to the apparent tune of $40K / month according to Blockstream's own estimates of what a 4 dev x 2 month hard fork effort would cost...

Honesty is not one of his attributes either. At least now it's clear with this particular CEO has avoided being there in person at this important event - he prefers sniping from the sidelines.

His tweets a couple of steps above our friend Chairman Wow, but who knows how quickly he'll reach the same level?

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i'm almost sure i will receive NA:

[doublepost=1456682610,1456681851][/doublepost]continuing to be ignored on the important questions:

[doublepost=1456683738][/doublepost][doublepost=1456684590][/doublepost]this supports our theory that Blockstream would like to be the leader in LN hub centralization:

The gist is this: In networks where the nodes are competing for being the most well connected because it gives them an advantage over other nodes, phenomena such as “first-mover-advantage,” “fit-get-rich,” and “winner-takes-all” result in network centralization as a minority of nodes eventually capture a significant portion of the network’s links.

http://www.coindesk.com/lightning-technical-challenges-bitcoin-scalability/

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
"modified Hong Kong agreement"

That gives me an uneasy feeling, like a foul compromise coming up.
Is this the right venue to renegotiate that agreement? Methinks not.

"Readiness signaling ... an ability for end-users to include a signal within a transaction that says 'I am ready for the upgrade to _____"

One transaction, one vote? Have another drink, it's good punch.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Bloomie

how do you bookmark a certain post?

albin

Nov 8, 2015
On just a straight intuitive level Hill's response confirms that something nefarious is going on. First off, he feels the need to deflect away from the actual Bilderberg connection claim by highlighting the "Straussian" posts and verbally mischaracterizing the Bilderberg group as "Illuminati". All he would ever have to do is say something slimy like "AXA is not the Bilderbergs, that's not how it works" and the majority of folks on social media would be predisposed to immediately believe and/or shill for him themselves because "haha conspiritards". This strongly implies that he can't actually address the substance of the claim.

Also why on earth does he even address the subject at all on twitter? By going out of his way to do damage control like this, his behavior implies to the observer that he's containing something very real.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
super3 is the invitee that keeps on giving (thanks for your coverage!)

All participants (as far as I could see) agreed that they would fire anyone who harassed others on social media.
Bitcoin is saved!

Updated: wasn't fluffyponyza this time!

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu and Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Who works for whom? After all, you can only fire someone who works for you.

I am surprised they now brought this elephant into the room.
Or is it a a bull in the china shop?

And that's a wrap!
/u/fluffyponyza
I cast my user vote to call this event "Satoshi's Rabbithole"

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway and Bagatell

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
Yesterday I tried a little slight trolling (for beginners) on /r/bitcoin: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/484c9p/bitcoin_is_so_sloooow/

I usually never troll. I have to say it is kind of fun. I'm no good though and my trolling was detected pretty much right away.

I played dumb user with "transactions are slow" problem (the problem was real, btw and the transactions I listed are not made up).

I think I blew my cover multiple times, it's actually quite hard to play stupid.

Nevertheless I noticed things can become quite clear very fast if you just ask simple questions and let a dialog ensue:
Someone can pick up at the linked post?

dlareg

Feb 19, 2016
@molecular That was a thing of beauty, nice work! I think you struck a really good balance and defended yourself well against bashco, even giving detractors a chance to come in and argue. Points as well for getting the lightning supporters. We should set up some bingo cards so we can play /r/bitcoin troll bingo.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
@molecular
How creepy is it that the mod who has access to personal info from social media sites linked to Bitcoin addresses is asking you for a txid?