Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
Who was it who said paranoia?
Yeah, it's quite a coincidence. First the video of Peter's talk gets lost for several days and then his paper too. :D

I don't think it's intentional though. Such stunt could easily turn against itself by drawing more attention to his message.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
If ZAR is "South African Rand" then that's quite exciting. Any explanation for the sudden jump in localbtc volume end of April?

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
So I broke my vow today and posted on /r/Bitcoin. For my defense, I was quoted by someone and had to react ;-) In this thread.

Why is it that the same old broken arguments get trotted again, and again, and again and AGAIN or /r/Bitcoin, seemingly by both the old trolls + a bunch of new people?

This is so insanely tiring.

Reactions: solex and cypherdoc

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Most aren't stupid.

And that is the thing with politics and questions of ideology, useful idiots help those with an agenda without even realising it.

Reactions: cypherdoc

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
You are right - most are either stupid or intending to disrupt the discussion by trotting the same old and wrong arguments out repeatedly, with high likelihood on the latter. It is easy to fall into this trap of assuming benevolence on the other side.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Photo of the year:

Reactions: ladoga

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
How cute. (they look genuinely happy)

But what does "work together" mean in reality?

1. That Core devs will re-evaluate BIP 101 and/or Gavin resumes working on Core?
2. That Core devs have given up the idea that a contentious fork (XT) is fundamentally wrong and that competition between different implementations is welcome?
3. Posing to reassure stakeholders in the bitcoin economy, that everything is fine and tandy?
4. A gesture (as in leading by example) for the community in hopes of making the debate less polarized.

Last edited:

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
1. I doubt it. They are too entrenched to adopt 101 as it sits. As I understand it nothing is preventing Gavin from working on Core.
2. I hope the entire exercise has at least informed, if not changed their thoughts about competing implementations.
3. Probably... but meeting in person can sometimes have profound effects in furthering a contentious debate. If two people really are together and talking, not visibly antagonistic.... Why not show it?
4. Yes

Reactions: soullyG and AdrianX

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Hi there!

So talking about Epic threads:

If I want to help collecting the best of the arguments and links and so forth pro blocksize-increase in a Wiki somewhere now, where is the best place to do that? I am a bit uncertain due to all the recent shifts in the community.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@awemany I am open to hosting a wiki here, but for the purposes of putting arguments forward, like you're describing, are you sure that wiki is the best format? Anyone can edit what you wrote in a wiki, and they're kind of difficult to maintain.

Why don't you start your own thread in the Bitcoin Discussion forum? Give it a descriptive title, and you'll get tons of exposure from search engine traffic. We can also help by linking to specific posts on reddit and other forums.

Reactions: solex and awemany

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
@awemany : I agree with Bloomie. Start a new thread and just keep revising the first post as you collect more information. I think this would be a worthwhile effort!