Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Emperor Bob

Aug 19, 2015
RE: Bitcoin Classic

That's interesting. Since even a 2MB bump is "too much" for core at the moment, this strategy (of giving a small, almost unobjectionable bump to blocksize) will probably be a highly effective wedge between the 1MB die-hards and those who are just very risk averse.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@AdrianX

To send 0 fee txs you need to override default policy using -mintxfee and -minrelaytxfee command-line options.

Both of them use 0.00001 (BTC/kB) as default.

The former would let your wallet/node to broadcast your 0 txs fee, the latter will relay 0 fee txs coming from others.
@sickpig I used Armory to compose the transaction. Then Core, BU or XT to broadcast the transaction. In the advanced settings in Armory you can use coin controle and customize the fee.

Anything up to 0.00001 and below would not broadcast using Core or BU but XT would broadcast whatever valid transaction regardless of fee.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@AdrianX

sorry but I didn't explain clearly what I meant.

You should override bitcoind core relay policy setting minrelaytxfee to 0 in your bitcoin.conf file.

I'm on my mobile now and I don't have a way to verify the proper syntax but it should be just a matter of adding this line at the end of bitcoin.conf

Code:
minrelaytxfee=0
that way once bitcoind will be invoked by armory it will read this new conf and it should relay your 0 fee tx.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
Make sure that before the start of any voting it is announced in here, since I would not want to miss out on the opportunity to contribute in this way and hopefully help to improve our collective wisdom. I support your election as president @Aquent, you certainly seem to have the appropriate background and skill set. We also seem to share a similar ideology and vision for Bitcoin as well. So I happily support @Aquent for this position, though admitingly @solex also makes a good case for president. Maybe you guys should have a presidential debate. ;)

Last edited:

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
I made a post on Bitcointalk listing in chronological order a number of important articles relating to the blocksize debate. Thought I would cross post that here, since it can be considered as a list of must read articles for this discussion, I presume most people here have already read these things though if you have not I would highly recommend that you read any articles you might have missed out on. Also if there any articles you feel I missed out on please let me know and I will include them, maybe later I could start a new thread listing these resources.

1. https://medium.com/faith-and-future/why-is-bitcoin-forking-d647312d22c1#.tkz6v39wg

2. http://konradsgraf.com/blog1/tag/block-size-debate

3. https://medium.com/block-chain/on-block-sizes-e047bc9f830#.q3sl3d11s

4. https://medium.com/@riprowan/the-entire-debate-transcends-block-sizes-and-gets-to-the-fundamental-principles-of-bitcoin-as-c7f7bc1a493#.e6tlubrv7

5. http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-December/011973.html

6. https://medium.com/@jgarzik/bitcoin-is-being-hot-wired-for-settlement-a5beb1df223a#.7ek47hakx

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
Make sure that before the start of any voting it is announced in here, since I would not want to miss out on the opportunity to contribute in this way and hopefully help to improve our collective wisdom. I support your election as president @Aquent, you certainly seem to have the appropriate background and skill set. We also seem to share a similar ideology and vision for Bitcoin as well. So I happily support @Aquent for this position, though admitingly @solex also makes a good case for president. Maybe you guys should have a presidential debate. ;)
Thanks @VeritasSapere . I have announced my candidacy for secretary in BIP003 I think, so I can't run for president. @theZerg is running for lead dev, it's just the position of president that needs some candidates.

I'm wondering if anyone who has actively been engaging is willing to run? I hope @Peter R wishes to do so, but if not I think it is understandable as he is probably quite busy. @solex running would be cool, maybe @rocks or @awemany or anyone actively engaging really.

On a side note - - - Oh hey we have @dgenr8 on board. Welcome! Not sure if you guys know him, but he has plenty of commits in core and has been helping with XT quite a lot. He'll be able to help us quite a bit with the code etc if, as I hope, he starts doing his code wiz for BU.

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Thank you @VeritasSapere and @Aquent for mentioning me as a possible candidate for President. I do, with all due respect to @Lee Adams' candidature, think the post should be held by one of the more long-standing individuals active on the GCBU threads who has been constructive in driving the BU ethos forward, ideally possessing a reasonable technical overview of Bitcoin.

So, I will offer my services for this in 24 hours time, unless another long-standing GCBU contributor announces their own candidacy in the meantime.

Co-incidentally this will be on the third anniversary of my entry as an anonymous persona onto Bitcoin forums, so perhaps the usefulness of that approach has reached an end.

Smoothie

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc,

Can you explain why you think the price of Bitcoin will go up in the face of major deflation (now and the coming added deflation)?

Thanks

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
@Aquent @solex I was referring to the position of secretary in my last post, I got the positions mixed up. :oops:

Though I absolutely do support @solex in the role of president as well, so at least the following comments are still valid. :)

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
oh my:

albin

Nov 8, 2015
This behavior is the fault of all of us for not coddling Peter Todd by patting him on the back and telling him how amazing he is 24/7.

Reactions: AdrianX
Hmm ... how old is Peter Todd? How old is theymos? How old is luke-jr?

I don't want to discrimate the youth, but sometimes I think one of Bitcoin's fate was that it made young people, that didn't do more than being on the right place at the right time, to entrepreneurs and richmen, while they were not made for running a business (e. G. Mark Karpeless) or they didn't have enough live-experience to deal with being rich.