Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Making it about people...

Edit: Example how toxic XT is. If @Gavin Andresen embraces an alternate client, I hope it's *not* XT, as that's just an uphill battle for no good reason.
i agree. did you see my post from yesterday on the steps i feel would be prudent?:

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-157#post-5324
[doublepost=1449856220][/doublepost]
Making it about people...

Edit: Example how toxic XT is. If @Gavin Andresen embraces an alternate client, I hope it's *not* XT, as that's just an uphill battle for no good reason.
actually, that's an example how toxic and childish Rochard is. but yeah, Gavin should setup his own new github repository with Core+101. everybody would climb onboard that with time and education.
[doublepost=1449856363][/doublepost]
Sure, I just look at the blocks here: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC

Support flagged for BIP100 has gone from around 60% over the last few weeks to under 40% in the last 24 hours.

Scaling Hong Kong mining panel is here:
that's interesting. was Antpool always neutral with their flagging or is that new too?

BTCC's Bobby Lee is probably hanging in there to support his brother, Charlie Lee. Bobby probably also has a load of LTC bought also to support Charlie, i'd expect. that will change though.

if we can just get KNC to take down their support also, that would send a huge message. that should be easy given what Sam Cole said on the panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
wow, oil just eatin it:

natgas no better. energy? we don't need no dam energy!:

[doublepost=1449857105][/doublepost]very very bad sign for gold. silver leading and breaking to new lows. look the hell out:

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
that's interesting. was Antpool always neutral with their flagging or is that new too?
Yes, they have never flagged support for BIP100. Some of their blocks flag support for "8MB".

I found it strange that the Antpool guy on the Scaling Hong Kong mining panel seemed to be the most anti-BIP101 though.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
more bad news, SPX which is more correlated to $DJI than any of the other indices, just broke it's little red line. i don't think it's gonna be a very good Christmas for many folks:

[doublepost=1449857404][/doublepost]
Yes, they have never flagged support for BIP100. Some of their blocks flag support for "8MB".

I found it strange that the Antpool guy on the Scaling Hong Kong mining panel seemed to be the most anti-BIP101 though.
yeah, but that's just b/c he doesn't understand. if someone could sit him down and translate in detail, i'm convinced these guys would come around.

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
@cypherdoc Yeah I have the same feeling.

BTW Antpool was also the last big pool to switch to v4 blocks (Checklocktime Verify BIP 65 Soft Fork)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
that sucking sound is getting louder and louder

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
and here, the biggest betrayer of all, junk bonds:

[doublepost=1449861942][/doublepost]Carl Icahn Warns "Meltdown In High Yield Is Just Beginning"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-11/carl-icahn-warns-meltdown-high-yield-just-beginning

"high yield mkt-a keg of dynamite".

i've been warning about this for most of the year. it's here.
[doublepost=1449862496,1449861418][/doublepost]this must be good news:

[doublepost=1449863381][/doublepost]new ALL-TIME high:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
here we go. i smell panic:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
remember it was just a week ago, when after the employment report, the machines pumped a short squeeze 350 rally. that day, i told you i set the last of my double short tranches via DXD, as i knew they'd try such a thing and that the employment report is a lagging indicator. what a diference a week makes, eh? imo, it's over, we're headed much lower given that the SPX & RUT have already busted their red little lines. i won't waste time why but it has to do with market structure why this break so early is such bad news. i think next week when the $DJI breaks it's little red line, we'll have final confirmation of the coming plunge:

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
This is an example of why the best path IMHO is to fork the current client and add in BIP101 only. It takes away all the attacks against alternative clients, personalities, etc, and simplifies it to a simple question, do you want BIP101 scaling or not. Same client, one difference.

Last edited:

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
@Melbustus @rocks I think this is a good idea. There should be an option like this separate from XT and BU. I like the other features these clients have however you are correct, I have spent so much time countering FUD on Bitcointalk which has been completely unrelated to the blocksize because these issues become conflated, even unjustifiably so. This is why there are still people saying that XT sacrifices privacy even though this is not true, yet this still works to strengthen this false narrative of NSA coin whatever. Essentially such an alternative would make this type of propaganda harder to construct and easier to counter.

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
This is why there are still people saying that XT sacrifices privacy even though this is not true, yet this still works to strengthen this false narrative of NSA coin whatever.
Very often when you find the original source of the false narratives, you'll find Litecoin and Monero promoters starting the rumors and/or trying to whip up hysteria (see the thread I linked earlier).

Those instigators are not going to stop inventing false narratives no matter what you do.

The biggest problem is the people who will repeat rumors without verifying them, and who won't stop spreading them once they've been shown to be false. Quite a few people involved in Bitcoin value social confirmation over truth.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Melbustus @rocks I think this is a good idea. There should be an option like this separate from XT and BU. I like the other features these clients have however you are correct, I have spent so much time countering FUD on Bitcointalk which has been completely unrelated to the blocksize because these issues become conflated, even unjustifiably so. This is why there are still people saying that XT sacrifices privacy even though this is not true, yet this still works to strengthen this false narrative of NSA coin whatever. Essentially such an alternative would make this type of propaganda harder to construct and easier to counter.
It would make it impossible to conflate because a simple github diff could prove it.

We've only seen round one of the attacks on traffic shaping and user config.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
What the heck is wrong with all these anti virus dudes? First Kaspersky yesterday and now McAfee today? :

rocks

Sep 24, 2015

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Hey guys, what is OP_NOP and it's significance?
[doublepost=1449886701,1449885625][/doublepost]Lotsa volatility.

I think it's because the Dow is in trouble.
[doublepost=1449886841][/doublepost]2 large volume spikes

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
the good news during this block congestion is that i'm not seeing alot of spv mining or 0-1tx blocks going on. that's good. i wonder if the Chinese miners are experimenting more with processing more tx's than usual instead of just resorting to spv mining. i wonder if it might correlate with f2pool taking down their support for 100?

davecgh

Nov 30, 2015
Hey guys, what is OP_NOP and it's significance?
OP_NOP is an opcode that, as its name implies, does nothing (short for No OPeration).

In addition to OP_NOP, there is also OP_NOP1 through OP_NOP10. However, unlike OP_NOP, the other variants have been discouraged for use by treating scripts that contain them as non standard thereby helping reserve them for soft-fork upgrades . Naturally that does not completely prevent their inclusion by miners since the script engine still treats them as no operations as far as consensus is concerned, with the exception of OP_NOP2, that was recently replaced by OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY (thereby "upgrading" it).

So, in short, the main significance is OP_NOP differs from OP_NOP[1-10] because the latter have been reserved for soft-fork upgrades through enforcing standardness rules while OP_NOP remains a simple no operation.