Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
However, there is a case to be made for Amaury Séchet being Greg "Slightly Bigger Block Undercover" Maxwell.

How hard is it to ditch the glasses, shave a moustache and dye facial hair? And talk "foreign American" like Angelina Jolie in the movie Alexander?

It's not that hard! Even I can talk "foreign American", and I'm not even a Hollywood actor!

Have a nice friday evening GCBU-buddies. (y)

Last edited:

This is extremely provoking to me.

Amaury calls Ryan X Charles a quitter, and he is lying.
MoneyButton is going at full speed. Yours is working, but not a priority for Ryan's 3 person company. PayMail is a good protocol adopted by several wallets where Ryan has contributed a lot. If you have an internet domain, you can give people PayMail addresses.

Ryan quitting his PhD, if true, is not relevant. I did the same, and quit my PhD in physics to pursue other goals.

Ryan was a pioneer in trying to use payment channels when core fucked up the max blocksize. And he tried and failed with Litecoin to solve the scaling issue for his usecase.

Ryan has true grit, and Amaury is just a cry baby begging for more money.
Lol. Didn't know you bailed a PhD in physic. I bailed one in history, and it was my best decision ever (even if I am still sad because I absolutely loved it).

When I started studying, it was said that journalism is the occupation for those bailing their study. Now it seems bsv is the chain for those bailing their PhD

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Now it seems bsv is the chain for those bailing their PhD
True on so many levels. Firstly, it's woke. BSV is immutable publishing, show your work and you can be forgiven for correcting your mistakes. BSV has the power of crowds while the protocol itself is locked down. This gives the crowds something they can trust. BSV is smart, not only is it Turing Complete, it's a Minsky Machine meaning that instead of being merely GIGO, it's AI capable. BSV enables any black box like Planaria or bingo slot machines to be provably fair. Clearly metanet is the foundation for a greater awakening an in education.

Reactions: kostialevin

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
This just in from BU slack:
@peterrizun just sent me this:
"Hi Norway. I know you're passionate about bitcoin and frustrated by what's happened with BCH/BSV/BU etc. But you need to tone it down by several notches when you're participating here in BU Slack. More signal, less noise. I have received several complaints and another one again today. As administrator of this slack I am hereby giving you a warning. If I continue to receive complaints, and if those complaints continue to appear justified, then you will be booted from BU Slack."
[doublepost=1569025561,1569024880][/doublepost]

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
This is what I hate about volunteer organizations like slack groups. Someone does all the work bootstrapping a project, and bullies take over. It happens with every charity and community organization in existence. The fact that Peter plays the ad pupulum card shows that he has no sense of accountability, hence he should not be given any credibility other than credit for specific contributions. I have more respect for Blockstream and nChain, right or wrong for standing up for their convictions. He can rest on his laurels and play demagogue all he wants, but BitCoin has moved on.

Reactions: lunar

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
This just in from BU slack:
@peterrizun just sent me this:
"Hi Norway. I know you're passionate about bitcoin and frustrated by what's happened with BCH/BSV/BU etc. But you need to tone it down by several notches when you're participating here in BU Slack. More signal, less noise. I have received several complaints and another one again today. As administrator of this slack I am hereby giving you a warning. If I continue to receive complaints, and if those complaints continue to appear justified, then you will be booted from BU Slack."
Again: You are the Vanini of BU, "who was easier to burn than to refute". (Schopenhauer)
The real BU forum, which is GCBU (and where they are hiding their faces from) doesn't need inquisition, and the founder of BU, @cypherdoc would never listen to those who complain behind your back.

All you zombies show your faces (I know you're out there)
All you people in the street (Let's see you)
All you sittin' in high places
It's all gonna fall on you

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
like I said, I am an impartial, objective, financially unconflicted observer of the BCH vs BSV battle. if you believe that CSW is a liar and a fraud then you'd have to believe that Jimmy, Steve, and Daniel are also liars and frauds. along with with a boatload of people who've had the chance to directly meet and query CSW about his objectives. this is if you believe that CSW even matters (I don't) . those three guys (nchain employees) have gone around and made all the same promises that CSW has made to the world to lockdown the protocol after removing the limit come February while putting their reputations on the line. is lying from them likely? no. from a social, to an economic, and to a legal standpoint. a betrayal of those promises would also contradict all the blocksize upgrades and all their efforts to date to prepare for that upcoming day in February and for the foreseeable future. there are grounds to sue them if they go rogue. or you just don't have to upgrade once the limit is removed. that's unlikely as it's a good bet each and everyone of them including CSW himself and all nchain employees have loaded up on BSV, the coin, putting their incentives in line with my long term recommendation that devs work the protocol for free (not economically exploit protocol rule making) while working their asses off to make its price rise.

mind you, I made the leap of faith to the BSV vision before the November split and most of the promises from the people involved. it was the code and rules themselves at that time and now that convinced me. their progress and promises since then towards the ultimate goal of no limit has only been validation that all is well.

the original vision, that worked flawlessly thru 2017 on btc and thru now with bsv thru its record smashing 256mb blocks, has never been allowed to play out. come February we finally will get that chance to allow both individuals and big business the opportunity to get onboard with confidence ex ante that the sands won't shift around what's really been the only key issue, the blocksize limit .

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
one more giant step towards the corporatization of ABC dev. read the top voted comments of the associated reddit thread . I'll expand later about Shammah's ridiculous tithing plea:

Reactions: AdrianX

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
Anyone who has any doubt about the toxicity of the Bitcoin SV community can visit the /r/BitcoinCashSV subreddit and see it for themselves.

This is just one example post among dozens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoincashSV/comments/d7a5hz/my_prediction_on_the_future_of_bab_in_north/
So apparently the guy would put his credit card behind the counter, and would buy all the bch from the bar owner while giving the illusion bch was being adopted.

The reality is, that situation doesnt scale.

Roger Ver's noodleshop deciples; bothering employees, convincing shop owners to accept an ever changing ticker, as long as theyre there to buy up all the shitcoin in the background.

The only shady promotion tactic that may top that is hot babe helicopter rides, lol

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
one more giant step towards the corporatization of ABC dev. read the top voted comments of the associated reddit thread . I'll expand later about Shammah's ridiculous tithing plea:

Vin in agreement. "If you want ABC to change someone put your money where your mouth is."

Yes, Vin and Shammah, and if you don't what them to change something what do you do?

Withdraw support?... I think that's what is happening here. ABC is not a public good, Bitcoin is. ABC are self-proclaimed Protocol Designers aka people with the power to change the protocol. If you want BCH to go the route of Bitcoin Core, it's simple, pay the developers to change the protocol.

the reddit thread for the record.

https://np.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/d7ceqn/shammah_chancellor_i_think_people_should_consider/

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
yep, there's a number of problems with what these two guys espouse. first, the concept of tithing just goes to show you they think of themselves as gods to a certain degree. and 10% of what you earn should go to dev donations? c'mon. second, what's this about a free rider problem? unlike devs, most investors and other participants in the space, have put up money to invest in the coin and it's potential price appreciation. if you're a merchant or miner, you've poured in hard earned dollars, many to the tune of $millions, into infrastructure to do your business or mining. this is distinctly unlike most devs who have this idea that they shouldn't have to put any dollars into the coin but instead be given a paycheck for volunteer dev work no one ever asked them to do in the first place. and in BSV's case, we don't even want them to do (besides the scaling to unlimited). yet ABC insists on q6mo upgrades/hard forks. probably to justify being paid. as @AdrianX said, the public good is Bitcoin, not ABC, so no one should feel obligated to donate to Amaury and his hand selected buddies for upgrades and obstructions we never asked for. there is no market failure; devs should demonstrate their belief and buy coin with all it's assorted risks, just like everyone else, and then work like hell to make it's value go up if they truly want to help out and get "paid". that way everyone's interests would be aligned towards scaling and increasing the price of the coin. and if they don't, fine, go away. BSV is locking down the protocol anyways.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
A miner does not create rules - they enforce them. Miners can enforce rules - that is, they are the police in the system. Miners are NOT politicians.
Dr. Craig S. Wright AKA Satoshi Nakamoto​
Anyone who disagrees should check out the whitepaper.
  • Title: Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System.
  • Copyright: Craig Steven Wright, 1970-
  • US Copyright Catalog Registration Number: TXu002136996
  • Download: SSRN

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I would think that that authorship claim on ssrn would be a last straw on a camels back for the real Satoshi to sign a message stating it to be completely bunk.

Reactions: sgbett and KoKansei