Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
Chained transactions must be efficient, or else an attacker can perform a cheap attack on the network. The node operators must harden their software against all possible forms of attack.

nChain has an interesting design: They process "standard" transactions normally. For other transactions, they have a limited amount of low-priority threads. That way, any possibly resource-consuming transaction cannot impact the most commonly used transactions types. If you're sending a simple payment, you're guaranteed to get through.

At the same time, it's OK to process non-standard transactions. It can be done safely. I hope the IsStandard check will be a thing of the past, soon. What a nasty limiter of innovation it is.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I think BCH will be split within 8 months (2 scheduled forks away). ABC vs BU.
What do you think?

Reactions: bitsko

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I don't see it but then who knows. I think the incentive is not to split. The social engineering behind the BCH-BTC split will prove to be the exception.

The people who could understand what was happening have hedged in favor of BSV, the rest follow the inherent incentive not to split.

BCH will follow ABC into an abyss or ABC will fork themselves off and run out of donations.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
it seems reasonable to me to assume that the market won't infuse significant new $'s ex ante into a new protocol like BSV, despite all the promises, until it has made the final commitment to totally un-roof the blocksize come February. "we have been fooled before by false promises, BCH". certainly that BSV hasn't been 51% attacked by a sha256 miner or by bonafide spam/poison blocks are also good signs. another is the incremental price rise to where we are today to reward the blocksize increases to 2G. whether the market will see it this way is another thing. an amount of front running pre-February would be a hint.
[doublepost=1568993081][/doublepost]as Lisa Edwards says, it could be an explosion though from a different reason and slightly different timeframe. certainly i won't be betting on it directly but merely hodling/coddling/clutching the equal distribution i already have to see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
are you CSW?

too much trouble to hedge one way or the other at this stage; and too expensive, given taxes and the uncertainty. as much as i like BSV and as hard as i argue on it's behalf, i also actually like being able to say i'm not financially conflicted in my arguments btwn BCH & BSV. i'm objectively impartial :)

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
the "pay me" whining from @deadalnix is right out of 2012's BCT postings from the likes of Greg, Peter, and Luke. since no one stepped up to pay them what they thought they deserved, they decided to pay themselves in 2013; via Blockstream. and we know where that has led. believe it or not, the market is only now figuring this out. Amaury is going down that same path; "if you don't pay me, i'm not gonna increase the blocksize limit". either he'll quit to take another job that will pay him or he'll form his own company to profit off the BCH protocol.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015

This is extremely provoking to me.

Amaury calls Ryan X Charles a quitter, and he is lying.
MoneyButton is going at full speed. Yours is working, but not a priority for Ryan's 3 person company. PayMail is a good protocol adopted by several wallets where Ryan has contributed a lot. If you have an internet domain, you can give people PayMail addresses.

Ryan quitting his PhD, if true, is not relevant. I did the same, and quit my PhD in physics to pursue other goals.

Ryan was a pioneer in trying to use payment channels when core fucked up the max blocksize. And he tried and failed with Litecoin to solve the scaling issue for his usecase.

Ryan has true grit, and Amaury is just a cry baby begging for more money.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Reactions: Norway