Aug 26, 2015

Reactions: Zarathustra

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Welcome @trinoxol!

Is it known what kinds of usage drive these transactions?
I don't know. Some transaction usage can be identified by OP_RETURN data. I haven't analyzed it myself. Afaik, a weather service have been responsible for a lot of the OP_RETURN transactions lately on BSV, but I don't know if it's related to the current spike. There are many different services coming to BSV now. The Twetch app seem to be popular now, could be the reason.

I have no idea why BCH declined so fast. Some suggest that it's a service moving from BCH to BSV, but I don't think so. The graph is log scale. BSV went from 496 tx/block to 793 tx/block (Diff: +297 tx/block) while BCH went from 222 tx/block to 67 tx/block (Diff: -155 tx/block) in the same period. I don't think the moves on the two chains are related.

I think the most remarkable here is the BCH decline, not the BSV increase.

Source: https://coin.dance/blocks/transactions

EDIT: BCH dropped from 412 tx/block to 67 tx/block in two days after months of steady growth.

Last edited:

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
The BCH/BSV competition is one thing and it is important to keep an eye on that.

But there also is the small blocker vs. big blocker competition (BTC vs. BTH and BSV). I think the biggest win that we are all looking for is the total refutation of the small blocker vision and the destruction of all of their chains. That is required so that the world can move forward with real crypto adoption.

When that happens it would be great if BSV was so strong that it would replace BTC. There is a risk that BCH will take over immediately and it would then take quite some time for BCH to also fail and BSV to win.

The best outcome for the world is if BSV wins as quickly as possible.

I find it very hard to gauge which of BCH or BSV is in the lead right now. BCH has more mindshare in many circles whereas the innovation on BSV seems very practically relevant. The businesses moving in there are gaining traction. They are solving what it takes to gain mass adoption.

I am @trinoxol on Twitter in case someone is interested in my thoughts. I am committed to total unbiased rationality which seems to be a novel contribution to this space ;-) It is hard to achieve but that's what I strive for.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
> I have no idea why BCH declined so fast. Some suggest that it's a service moving from BCH to BSV, but I don't think so.

@Norway
It seems that this service stopped to spam the BCH mainchain yesterday:

http://www.blitztickdata.com/
https://explorer.bitcoin.com/bch/address/1b1itzeSKYEKhdcthUSnNJ47Fx2U8Zwwn

for that service, a switch over to BSV seems very reasonable as they openly claimed they are blockchain agnostic and actively seek alternatives. they spend quite a bit on fees, so since bsv is much cheaper than BCH, this switch seems likely:

“We’re blockchain agnostic however, and as we develop further, we’ll look into a variety of options.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc no not me, and for what it's worth, I don't think much of that article. Reportedly Uyen Nguyen is not a coder.

I do have my suspicions, but not willing to speculate, other than to say perhaps it's an early Bitcoiner wanting to show proof of work, rather than have an already notable name prejudged?

Last edited: