Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@torusJKL

so are we talking about CSW's coins on btc or bsv? did core deprecate nlocktime for cltv and what does restoring nlocktime on BSV have to do with his btc coins?

bsdtar

Apr 1, 2019
@cypherdoc

nLockTime still exists in core, it serves a different purpose than cltv.

Allegedly CSW has nLockTime protected transactions from way back. They are perfectly fine in btc, but bch/bsv won't accept them because of the new message digest format, i.e. the replay protection from Aug 17. BSV intends to allow these 'legacy transactions' again, so they'll hard fork to also accept the old message digest format.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Stefan Matthews, Chairman of the Board of Squire has been a supporter of Dr. Wright since 2008 when Dr. Wright showed him a draft of the Bitcoin white paper Wright was working on.

https://ceo.ca/@nasdaq/squire-advisory-board-member-dr-craig-wright-granted

They're all lying....
If you say so.

It's quite conceivable. Some, like Matthews, appear to have significant financial interest that rest on Wright's claims, or so it would appear from what little information has come to light so far.

Others may have simply been bamboozled, or persuaded by other means to give their confirmation to the story.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@cypherdoc

nLockTime still exists in core, it serves a different purpose than cltv.

Allegedly CSW has nLockTime protected transactions from way back. They are perfectly fine in btc, but bch/bsv won't accept them because of the new message digest format, i.e. the replay protection from Aug 17. BSV intends to allow these 'legacy transactions' again, so they'll hard fork to also accept the old message digest format.
OK, that makes perfect sense. thanks.

Reactions: bsdtar

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
If you say so.

It's quite conceivable. Some, like Matthews, appear to have significant financial interest that rest on Wright's claims, or so it would appear from what little information has come to light so far.

Others may have simply been bamboozled, or persuaded by other means to give their confirmation to the story.
Yes, just conceivable, to those who don't know; nothing more and nothing less. It's conceivable that he bamboozled Gavin, Ian Grigg, his investors, his wife, his ex-wife. Countless things are conceivable. Even Russell's teapot. Or freetrader's threat to ignore Zarathustra. At that time it was conceivable, but not possible.

Determinism - a system that works!

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Jimmy Nguyen says there was special treatment for this particular copyright application:

"In this situation, what is exceptionally notable is that the U.S. Copyright Office did not rubber-stamp Craig’s copyright applications. The U.S. Copyright examiner responded far more quickly to the copyright applications than is normal—within three business days (which is extremely unusual and extremely fast)—and asked questions about applications, including recognizing that the Bitcoin white paper was a famous work and noting there were questions about who is Satoshi Nakamoto." -full article

Jimmy might know a thing or two about copyright as the article says he used to chair the State Bar of California’s Intellectual Property Law Section. Independent confirmation here.

Last edited:

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@Zangelbert Bingledack

Some further clarification here.

https://www.copyright.gov/press-media-info/press-updates.html

"May 22, 2019: Questions about Certain Bitcoin Registrations

As a general rule, when the Copyright Office receives an application for registration, the claimant certifies as to the truth of the statements made in the submitted materials. The Copyright Office does not investigate the truth of any statement made.

A registration represents a claim to an interest in a work protected by copyright law, not a determination of the truth of the claims therein. It is possible for multiple, adverse claims to be registered at the Copyright Office. The Copyright Office does not have an opposition procedure for copyright registrations, such as the procedures available at the Patent and Trademark Office for patents and trademark registrations. Disputes over the claims in a registration may be heard before federal courts, including disputes over authorship of a work. Someone who intentionally includes false information in an application may be subject to penalties."

The examination process is primarily focused on determining whether a deposited work is eligible for protection under the Copyright Act and whether the application satisfies the requirements of registration. The Copyright Office will correspond with the claimant to clear up any obvious inconsistencies. The Copyright Office may similarly correspond with a claimant if a deposited work seems to include portions a well-known work whose author is known.

In a case in which a work is registered under a pseudonym, the Copyright Office does not investigate whether there is a provable connection between the claimant and the pseudonymous author.

In the case of the two registrations issued to Mr. Wright, during the examination process, the Office took note of the well-known pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto,” and asked the applicant to confirm that Craig Steven Wright was the author and claimant of the works being registered. Mr. Wright made that confirmation. This correspondence is part of the public registration record."

Line from the Coingeek article

"Dr. Wright has a final word on the trolls, “Importantly, if this was not real, it means I would face 20 years. If a single person could discredit me, I get an orange suit. The issue is they cannot.”"

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
the Office took note of the well-known pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto,” and asked the applicant to confirm that Craig Steven Wright was the author and claimant of the works being registered. Mr. Wright made that confirmation.
So the Copyright Office asked Craig Wright to pinky swear that he was Satoshi, and he nodded. Hilarious.

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
BU has sponsored other activity besides developing the BCH client.
For example it has paid a 3rd party project (CashShuffle) and has organized events.
Are you saying all this was pointless because BU is only about the full node client?
Please learn to read my actual statement before responding to it.

i said none of the BU DEVS are currently willing to code a client to follow the SV chain. You would need to find other developers who are willing.

Especially after the new special BSV license shit.

I never said anything about sponsoring anything. I never made a statement about BU only doing full node client stuff because we dont.