Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

@satoshis_sockpuppet

About your question: I like the concept of bsv fundamentally more than that of bch, so the answer is likely no.

But for me the question is not really valid. I still hold my bch, and I will be happy when bch serves as a widely used mass transaction system for decentralized electronic cash. It already serves this case much better than btc.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
All else aside, it seems that large groups suffer from short-termism. It wasn't possible to force the issue of the block size limit before blocks were full on BTC despite some major players pushing the issue. Although it seems quite likely that we will run into issues on BCH if something isn't done before we get there, that BSV has already removed it seems like it probably isn't enough on its own to overtake BCH. That would depend on more immediately relevant factors.
[doublepost=1558011218][/doublepost]
The hate versus Craig must be really very strong to choose BCH instead of BSV with a boss like this one.
I don't hate alligators but I won't put my head in ones mouth.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
I'd be more worried SV members who have clearly expressed a desire to break up and fragment Bitcoin Cash
(i) there is no SV membership. (ii) what has been expressed, in norwegian hyperbole, is the preference for a unified bitcoin ledger long term. do you disagree with this goal?
(a chain from which they ironically forked off from under false pretenses, and which their leadership probably supported under initial false pretenses).
these claims are controversial and unsupported. (i) it can be reasonably argued that it was BCH who forked. (ii) it is a stretch to conclude that anyone's initial intentions when the BCH split came about was to split again. what an outside observer could see was a mounting loss of patience with and confidence in the people who took over BCH development and their vision for bitcoin.
Their members clearly voted in a bloc fashion against a clarification BUIP for the Articles of Federation, and also to remove an actually contributing BU member despite giving lip service to being opposed to witchhunts.
there are no members. like-minded people unsurprisingly vote similarly on either side of a vote, no need to insinuate collusion or conspiracy. this insinuation is undemocratic.
You may legitimately dislike Amaury or his conduct, and point out any inconsistencies or hypocrisy you may find, but that's not going to get anyone (you, BU, or BSV) further.
Just like when we criticized Core.
It took action to get somewhere.
criticism is a form of action and a prerequisite for improvement.
ABC code is open, fork it if you like
pass
set up a better governed project and compete for hashpower.
i thought that was what we were doing here?

but i agree BU should compete more aggressively. there should be explicitly stated hashpower share goals and plans to reach them.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Their members clearly voted in a bloc fashion against a clarification BUIP for the Articles of Federation, and also to remove an actually contributing BU member despite giving lip service to being opposed to witchhunts.
I know very well that it was that "contributing BU member" who startet the witchhunt (with your support). And then you are surprised that it backfired?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
yes, let's please remember who it was that started messing with BU: @deadalnix & @micropresident rage quit BU dissing it's very existence. followed by rage on r/btc. followed by @Griffith @freetrader @sken @imaginaryusername agitating this thread and culminating with a buip to totally reset the membership to current officers and devs only, lol. and finally removing bsv from BU support.

Yes, this is how it happened. I gave up the fight for bu when I realized the zerg doesnt want to support bsv any longer.

The messing of deadalnox with bu started back in 2016, after the zerg and ptschipper didn't listen to his advice about parval and after the zerg was not happy about the quality of deadalnix backporting contribution for which he was paid by I guess some miners.

This is just how I remember it, could be wrong or confused in the detail, don't take my word for it.

Reactions: Norway

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
In an ideal world, how much is the ability to transact securely worth? Is it a fixed rate or percentage?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
sorry, but reading this again on the context of ABC's latest bug is just nauseating. @deadalnix is basically saying that if everyone had listened to him about allowing his continued tinkering (devs gotta dev) towards eliminating technical debt none of this would've happened. and as evidence of all the things that can go wrong if you don't, he disses (as @79b.. has already pointed out) BU and BSV even though they had nothing to do with this bug . hilarious.

Last edited:

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
I built a PoC sig validation server over Xmas with a basic network protocol and a cluster aware client. On a single home machine I got 120k sigops/sec. Was able to replicate performance with a small cluster of digital ocean servers for a total cost of $80/month. That gets us to GB order of magnitude blocks. Was going to commission a team to work on hardware sig validation solutions but this experiment convinced me it's a non-problem.
Yes, it is ridiculous how trivial GB scale blocks are and yet how much of an issue it was turned into.

Modern database services easily handle >10GB/sec processing rates today. The last two products I've been involved with both easily exceed that throughput (although they are not cheap).

That is GB-per-second, to put it in comparison 2GB blocks comes to 0.0033GB/sec or more than a thousand times lower bandwidth, which is trivial. And it is even easier than that, most data in a 2GB block would be OP_RETURN data which is just copied and not processed (other than being hashed) and actual transaction data to process would comprise a fraction of the total.

GB sized blocks as a whole is a non-issue.
[doublepost=1558070691][/doublepost]

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015