Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Bitcoin SV can be humble because it has a long term strategy. Miners can ride the pump and dump cycles of altcoins while Metanet is building. Reorgs are a minor inconvenience, but are factored in to the price. In fact, Metanet services can accept altcoins and exchange them for BSV at a value added premium. No altcoin has a long term strategy.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Anything is possible and he can certainly speak for himself. He has always taken a fairly neutral position, however and I think that's enough to explain his stance without having to posit him believing in grumpkins and snarks.
I'm not a truther, but you are obviously fully convinced that it's not you who believes in grumpkins and snarks.
[doublepost=1557812883][/doublepost]
I want BCH to fragment, split and degrade itself to something that is not sound money because I want bitcoin to win.

I don't have bad intent when I want BCH to split. I want bitcoin to win.
That's a very noble ethos ;)

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Problem is, people don't use crypto for things they can buy with FIAT. Yet.
But they spend it for things they can not buy with FIAT. #metanet
No problem if adoption starts this way. Classic payments can come later.
[doublepost=1557814435,1557813661][/doublepost]
This @shadders comment was so incisive I heard the sound of blade slicing through air as it hit.

Upvoted to +25 and no replies after 9 hours. r/btc likes it. It's the inevitable conclusion; 32MB is too big for BCH's britches.

Last edited:

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Well, I agree with him that a stress test on mainnet to hit the current blocksize limit is counterproductive.
I do not think so. It shows the capabilities of the system to the world. If BCH can't deal with 32 MB blocks it is not working properly. And if sending transactions in a Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System resembles a DDOS-attack we have a problem and I would argue, that devs should spend time on implementing some kind of anti-spam mechanism. If they really believe what they say.

I would argue, that the testnet is for testing new stuff. 32 MB is the current limit on main net.
(I'd really like to see extensive testing on the testnet for every 6 month hardfork by ABC and BU, something that hasn't been done enough imho).

Nobody is saying the ceiling needs to be hit before we raise it.
You know as well as me, that for a long time this was the saying for the 1 MB limit as well.
I was arguing on bitcointalk when we weren't even close to filling 1 MB blocks, that this limit needs to go asap. And you know exactly what was being said back then. Almost nobody wanted to hit the ceiling. Ooops, how could that happen?

Not sure what you are referring to here, if you mean one of the dynamic proposals that have been made, then they are (a) not magic and (b) not properly evaluated yet. It takes time especially when people are not helping. But maybe you are working on helping SV get to 2TB blocks by the end of the year or something /s
I'm referring to stuff like Avalanche, which binds dev power, is highly complicated and won't work.
For the dynamic proposals: IIRC imaginary_username came up with a sensible approach. Which is till being bikeshedded to death afaik. I don't see a dynamic cap coming anywhere soon, especially since I read, that "scaling is not a priority" right now.

Who said that? I haven't heard that from BCH devs.
(retweeted by amaury, who isn't working for free..)

spending their free time
You know as well as me, that Amaury and other devs aren't spending their free time, they are paid.

Infantile argument which is a strawman in this context. No-one's claiming that.
Well, maybe not directly. But there have been quite a few posts on reddit about which book stands in whose book shelf and how Amaury is an ancap and how this makes him align with BCH. Virtue signalling has become a big part of this charade imo.

Who indeed. If you are someone with legitimate reason to push for prioritizing this while capacity exceeds demand by > x 100 , then by all means make a solid case, in public.
It seems like I'm not the only one concerned. Or do you think people like jessquit etc. are all CSW sockpuppets to make deadalnix's life hard? The case has been made and it has been made clear, that scaling is not a priority right now. I have to accept that.

Apart from all that, it sickens me to see amaury asking for more devs. We had motivated BU devs working on scaling Bitcoin. Amaury does his best to remove all of them from continuing their work.

We again have a concentration of power in the hands of an egomaniac and nothing more than promises for long term scaling.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
man, the amount of critical counter arguments has hit an all time low. what should I expect from a bunch of noobs? and even OG's.

we know the idiots are here hiding from the attendance list and the occasional incendiary bomb heaved in devoid of critical thinking.
[doublepost=1557900046][/doublepost]I'd be speechless too frankly after hearing all the bullshit from ABC authority recently.
[doublepost=1557900231][/doublepost]enjoy your limits. lemme know when you're allowed to scale .

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
man, the amount of critical thinking in this thread has hit a new low.
In theory you could try to compete with posts like these:

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-1455#post-93471
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-1454#post-93445
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-1451#post-93270

.. but in practice you can't. No wonder you are angry. But I have to admit, in your position - with 0.98 likes per post - most of us would also be angry.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
lol