Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Literally only pro BSV posts in here. is this GDBU some kind of pro BSV containment now. I dont understand whats the point of it since BU drop support of BSV now. This all seems like spam to me
that's because all the pro BCH supporters have run away and hid. you, otoh, are welcome to stay and argue your 10 block rolling checkpoints and why or why not BCH should raise its blocksize.

LocalBitcolnCash

Feb 7, 2018
@Norway Well, given how much BSV people hates me, no choice but to dump my BSV slowly. Happy to see BTC/BSV ratio slide down to 0.0085 through my dumping. Too bad there is not enough liquidity globally but the ratio will continue to slide until I sold all the BSV. This may take months or as long as it takes. Enjoy your BSV, lol. Everytime it goes up, I will keep it down, lol, like today. =D

I already said, you won't want to pick a fight with me. But now that you want, I am happy to play with BSV.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Norway Well, given how much BSV people hates me, no choice but to dump my BSV slowly. Happy to see BTC/BSV ratio slide down to 0.0085 through my dumping. Too bad there is not enough liquidity globally but the ratio will continue to slide until I sold all the BSV. This may take months or as long as it takes. Enjoy your BSV, lol. Everytime it goes up, I will keep it down, lol, like today. =D

I already said, you won't want to pick a fight with me. But now that you want, I am happy to play with BSV.
Is this your response to me adressing that https://localbitcoincash.org is operating outside the law, unlike localbitcoins.com?

AFAIK, you control other people's funds with your escrow service. But you don't identify yourself, and you used a proxy service to hide your WHOIS info.

Pro tip: Your domain proxy is not making you anonymous if a government wants to track you down. Get your license today.

Last edited:

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK

I believe the correct vernacular is "oh brother"

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Gold collapsing, Bitcoin up. We may be about to see what happens when a rally really runs head first into a brick wall instead of catching it on the back-side as the market softens.
[doublepost=1557611324][/doublepost]
Do anyone here know if these cheap non-Android phones exist in a significant way anywhere in the world?
Feature phones are much more popular than smart phones outside the West. I believe there's actually a version of electron cash available for feature phones. I don't think something completely text base is either very viable or really compatible with the Bitcoin ethos.

Reactions: Norway

RollieMe

May 6, 2018
> Feature phones are much more popular than smart phones outside the West.

That was definitely true a few years ago. I think it's changing rapidly though - at least where I live in SE Asia. You can buy a smartphone now for $30.

Reactions: torusJKL and Norway

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
True. But $30 is a lot to much of the world population and many of them totally skipped over the landline thing. I'd guess feature phones are still significant but you're probably right that it's not for long.

Reactions: torusJKL and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Feature phones are much more popular than smart phones outside the West.
Thanks. What do you base this on? I travelled in SE Asia last year (Bali, Thailand, Cambodia) and I saw Android phones only (tricked out with coloured covers and bling, lol.)

Manfred

Feb 1, 2019
For anyone interested a bit of Bitcoin history.

2009-01-03 18:15:05 Historic moment Genesis block (0) created
2009-01-09 02:54:25 Block 1, mining started
2009-01-11 23:14:04 dustin trammell has Generated (mined) two blocks
2009-01-12 03:30:25 First known transaction to cypherpunk Hal Finney
2009-01-13 18:20:08 50 coins where mined
2009-01-16 19:18:35 those 50 coins where sent to a address belonging to Dustin 12higDjoCCNXSA95xZMWUdPvXNmkAduhWv
a total of 77,624 BTC where received at this address until 2011-06-04

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=I}ruid
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=I}ruid&sign=ANY&type=RECV

HD Moore, Dustin D. Trammell and Tod Beardsley, all co-founded AHA! (the Austin Hackers Association)
For "druid.caughq.org" use of way back machine https://web.archive.org/web/20110728110105/http://druid.caughq.org/
Both I)ruid and I}ruid are Dustin, ) = correct } is for IRC protocol
All three still attend monthly meetings, no idea how many members in total.
AHA is a white had hacker group that is Government friendly (Cahoots), a hack against the hacker.

HD Moore (in 1998): Information security researcher and programmer, Moore developed security software utilities for the United States Department of Defense.
Dustin D. Trammell: Entrepreneur, Security Researcher performing research within the fields of vulnerability exploitation, network protocols, steganography and covert communications, and Internet telephony
Tod Beardsley: Technical Lead for the Metasploit Framework and Metasploit Pro, Founded Austin Hackers Anonymous August 2006

From August 22, 2012
Craigs grandfather was in military.

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Thanks. What do you base this on? I travelled in SE Asia last year (Bali, Thailand, Cambodia) and I saw Android phones only (tricked out with coloured covers and bling, lol.)
It was an article I read not so long ago while wondering about whether wallets for feature phones would be a good thing. I have no idea what models it would be, it wasn't that specific. Bear in mind the recently relaunched 3310 and 8810 count as feature phones.

I'm not sure where you went in SE Asia but I imagine it was comparatively well-to-do areas. There is also Africa to consider as well and, although it's technically the West, South America is worth considering and India also.

This isn't the article but it's more recent.

https://www.counterpointresearch.com/feature-phones-still-relevant-shipments-grow-yoy-fourth-consecutive-quarter/

Reactions: Norway

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
The new BCH elite and gate keepers in action.

It sounds like we are back in the scaling debate.
Just exchange 1MB with 32MB.

1/ It hasn't improved significantly.
2/ It won't improve signficantly by DoSing it's user on a regular basis.
3/ Increasing technical debt for PR stunt hardly constitute a viable long term plan.

Nothing much has changed since people aren't really working on scaling right now.

Please don't spam the mainnet.

For starters we're 1/200x away from the cap... In the meantime a new application that everyone loves apparently (bitdb) is probably the least scalable of them all.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Maybe BU can get it's own coin? Bigger blocks & GROUP?

Bitcoin Unlimited Coin - BUC

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
We were a similar distance off the maximum block size limit when Satoshi first suggested how to increase it and look where that ended up.

I would be more confident if there were a plan or roadmap but simply saying "this is what it is because..." seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Even a dynamic block size limit would be preferable.