Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
why do we have to listen to this continuous stream of nonsense from @freetrader? like, muh full nodes, BU membership purges, CSW bad, rolling checkpoints, no time for BCH dev, and this latest economic nonsense, etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
yep, more nonsense from you:

"We will not allow until..."

if markets were predictable, we'd all be RCH, BCH.
[doublepost=1556283579][/doublepost]this the precisely the problem with @jtoomim and the BCH devs ; they think they know better than everyone else. in this case everyone else being the collective mind of the market. what a bunch of losers who will cripple BCH forever. bsv supporters otoh, don't believe they know better than everyone else ; they wish to let the market figure it out after recognizing the proper incentives set in place by the WP.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
In the odd event of actual high volume use of BCH, "We will not allow until..." can result in this deadweight loss shown here, because it is indeed a political measure. It seems as though there is a central committee of developers, and that this software development aspect of the bitcoin competition has been decidedly removed from BCH. Instead of allowing free market dynamics to handle these issues live, the central committee shall clear things beforehand for the good of the collective miners.

This is how the latest BU node is presented. A 100% BCH node. BSV is not mentioned on this splash screen.

This is an important decission taken by the elected officers without asking the membership.
I agree with you. I am absolutely dissatisfied with this.

But I am also against the idea of forcing bu developers to develop for a bitcoin fork they don't want to develop for. It's their decision, and at least Andrew and Peter are public about their preference.

Reactions: lunar

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
> It's their decision

it's really not. as a founder, my belief, support, and understanding was that BU was an organization that adhered to a specific set of principles as outlined in it's articles. and that includes voting by ALL members (not just devs) on proposals that determine the direction of BU dev. if the officers don't wish to follow what the majority of the membership wants, they should resign.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I'm very positive to let the officers have a lot of freedom and wiggle room. And nobody's asking anyone to do free work against their will here.

But I think this is pushing it too far. Many of BU's members (me included) consider BCH a shitcoin after the split and BSV the original bitcoin by protocol. From that point of view, it's wrong to steer BU toward shitcoin development without asking the membership.

And to repeat myself: BUIP113 and BUIP114 are based on a radical false assumption that BCH is the default choice for BU after the split.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i don't even know. does @theZerg take pay from BU donations? even if he doesn't, using donations the way they see fit (like @Peter R donating to CashShuffle), is a form of leeching off donations from BSV supporting members. that's not right.

Reactions: Zarathustra
I'm very positive to let the officers have a lot of freedom and wiggle room. And nobody's asking anyone to do free work against their will here.

But I think this is pushing it too far. Many of BU's members (me included) consider BCH a shitcoin after the split and BSV the original bitcoin by protocol. From that point of view, it's wrong to steer BU toward shitcoin development without asking the membership.

And to repeat myself: BUIP113 and BUIP114 are based on a radical false assumption that BCH is the default choice for BU after the split.
BU is mostly a software, developed by very few people and run by more. Unfortunately, nearly noone runs bu on the bsv network.

Might have something to do with that the feature is a bit hidden, and that it defaults to ABC. But it's not that hard. I think bu members tend more to bsv, but the nodes tell another story. There is not much demand for bu to be compatible with bsv.

For me voting is a setting of direction (which horribly failed when bu defaulted on a feature members strongly opposed). I never understood it as giving the developers a job. If someone is able to build something and has the votes behind, it should become part of bu. But if there is no developer willing to code bsv compatibility, it is not done.

I can't do it, and I don't know who wants and can. If someone would be willing to maintain it, I'd strongly vote for it.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
The BU software was always sold through this GCBU thread. Developing a product without selling it doesn't make any sense.
why do you think @freetrader, despite having no time or interest to dev the ABC he created, trolls this thread so hard?

Reactions: Norway