Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
But compare, for example, cypherdoc a few years before and now. It's like two different persons.
you really haven't been around that long have you? you should go read some of my long winded debates with guys like miscreanity going back to 2011. I've dispensed with so many trolls in this thread for so many years, I've forgotten many of their names.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
@cypherdoc
I know your nick since 2012 iirc and I've read the GCBU thread for quite a while.

You've had an extremely good sixth sense for dangerous people in this space in the past. But your new found blind love for a low PoW fork and a fraud is irritating to say the least.

Don't think
e) Not BSV itself
How so?
d) Not BSV itself
No, but a fact nonetheless. There were other interesting crypto currencies out there, they just didn't have a network effect.

Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>But your new found blind love for a low PoW fork and a fraud is irritating to say the least.

on c'mon. you love BCH, right? how's that PoW compare to BTC. oh, low too. and as for CSW, why can't anybody around here read? how many times do I have to say I only prefer bsv because of its protocol rule set.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
vision of BSV blockchain as a storage device for arbitrarily large data blobs IMO not compatible with p2p cash.
hey @jessquit good to see you back here. care to elaborate why you see an incompatibility? honest question. it's not as if there will be a scarcity of space for normal txs in huge blocks. and nullc's old arguments against miners paying for users' data storage are void.

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
and as for CSW, why can't anybody around here read? how many times do I have to say I only prefer bsv because of its protocol rule set.
The arguments will always be "but CSW". People disagree with him for the sake of disagreeing with him, look here he said "every crypto will break at some point" and r/btc seems to disagree: "crypto never breaks"

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
bizarrely this gets read as "embracing the enemy". manichean thinking leads to error. be concerned with avoiding error.
Fair enough. My point is that sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two -- or more -- evils. You don't have to be a fan of Churchill to side with him against Hitler. (Sorry, but someone had to comply with Godwin's law.)

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
>But your new found blind love for a low PoW fork and a fraud is irritating to say the least.

on c'mon. you love BCH, right? how's that PoW compare to BTC. oh, low too. and as for CSW, why can't anybody around here read? how many times do I have to say I only prefer bsv because of its protocol rule set.
Yes, it's a fraud to slander you with such allegations.

Reactions: sgbett and Norway

Manfred

Feb 1, 2019

At this stage it is fair to say CSW was in the room when it happened. % of his share of input will become clearer with time. Because most can not get to grips with his technological or economic understanding, the only thing remaining, attacking his personalty.

My take on it, Dave was the one writing the code and communicate in forum. Craig, designing it. I dare say Bitcoin is not a single person project, Its a team of unknown size.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett and Norway

Manfred

Feb 1, 2019
The Bitcoin SV blockchain technology (BSV) is internationally patented under number WO201714505048A1 by its scientific research director Craig Steven Wright and is managed by Nchain Holding

Reactions: Norway

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
you love BCH, right?
I don't. Imho the split of BTC/BCH as it happened was a huge mistake.

how many times do I have to say I only prefer bsv because of its protocol rule set.
Ok, my mistake then. But imho you are still mistaken if you think BSV will exist without CSW and his influence.
I like the BTC protocol ruleset - just without the blocksize limit. And I know, that this is not going to change.
And I am pretty sure, that BSV won't be able to scale because it doesn't attract intelligent people able to design the tools necessary for a world currency.

But, again, this might change. And there is a reason I didn't sell all my BSV.

Because most can not get to grips with his technological or economic understanding, the only thing remaining, attacking his personalty.
He never wrote anything even remotely intelligent. His "scientific" work is crap. Everybody with a high school education who doesn't see this is mentally retarded.

b) The idea is to have a fixed set of opcodes that are not going to change, so that miners can run SPUs (Script Processing Units) with a fixed instruction set and SPV wallets don't have to be upgraded every six months because there's this cool new opcode. Also, I don't consider OP_GROUP a useful opcode, it's not a "real" opcode at all
I don't see anybody technically competent enough around BSV to build these tools.
And in the meanwhile it's x^n times faster to use OP_SIGVERIFY or the like instead of building a huge script with the existing op codes.

digitsu

Jan 5, 2016
@digitsu Fair point regarding the "spoil" option. To not vote is another option.
It is, but if you just refuse to vote, then you get thrown in with the bucket of people who may have just forgotten to vote. Also I think that spoilt votes do count towarsd quorum, so I think if you have a passed quorum vote and the majority is SPOILT, then that certainly sends a message of NO CONFIDENCE in the leadership or the legislative process, or at the least the BUIP in question.

shilch

Mar 28, 2019
it doesn't attract intelligent people
I don't see anybody technically competent enough around BSV
Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda.

And in the meanwhile it's x^n times faster to use OP_SIGVERIFY or the like instead of building a huge script with the existing op codes.
Script has a rich instruction set for a reason: You should be able to implement anything you want without requiring all SPV wallets and nodes to be upgraded every six months because some developer thinks a specific opcode is urgently needed.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
The Bitcoin SV blockchain technology (BSV) is internationally patented under number WO201714505048A1 by its scientific research director Craig Steven Wright and is managed by Nchain Holding
what's this supposed to mean? do you not consider the restoration towards v 0.1 open source development?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
it's just his normal hyperbole

Manfred

Feb 1, 2019
Normally I would ask Google to tell me more about that patent but unfortunately I couldn't find any information.
@Manfred do you have a link?
In total he filed about 700 worldwide to date, most are applications, the odd on has been granted.
Cant remember the direct link for that particular number but asking google:
https://patents.google.com/?inventor=Craig+Steven+WRIGHT

Norway already linked European, not sure US
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/craig-steven-wright

No idea about UK, Australia, China.....

To effective search for patents you need a patent attorney