Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>Then I clicked "like" again, because: fuck that divisive shit and screw that part of my mind.

this is why i'm calling this the #GreatestMindBenderInBitcoinHistory

i could simplify it but i won't. it'd just be considered spam.

i find that spam perspective interesting btw. my style of posting has been a staple of this thread (never changed) since it's beginnings and i have no doubt my in-your-face style of debate has brought numerous onlookers/lookyloos into the thread leading to it's popularity and contributing highly to it's educational value. yet the trolls here don't seem to understand that this type of get down and dirty discourse flushes out the true deep down motivations/understandings/misunderstandings of the ppl arguing, including myself. anyways, since Bloomie thinks he now owns the thread, i don't have to worry about helping others thru these difficult times. please put me on Ignore. or just ban me.

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Bitcoin decimals don't exist. They are only displayed as a convenience. You would have to actually add more bitcoins over the 21 million limit in order to add decimal points with the effect of inflating the currency by orders of magnitude.
Simply incorrect. You just add decimals through code. It's not rocket science.

The important thing to remember is that there is no such thing as a Bitcoin (or even a Satoshi). Bitcoin is only an accounting system. As such, adding decimals is only a matter of adapting how the accounting is done.

Reactions: majamalu and _bc

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
this is tragic: First I clicked the like button on this post because I found it funny. Then some other part of my mind saw who else liked the post and I immediately categorized the post as being "from the side I favor less" and made me click "unlike".

Then I clicked "like" again, because: fuck that divisive shit and screw that part of my mind.
You're absolutely right, @molecular. I need to take a chill pill myself.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
In theory, the users are free to compete and open another thread where 'intelligent discussion' can take place. In practice they are not. They are destined to follow @cypherdoc's 'spam'.

Determinism - a system that works!

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I see BU in a good position to outscale BSV in the short term, but not in the long term if they do realize their architecture and adopt some of the BCH clients' protocol improvements.
I see BU in a good position to scale BSV in the short term, and continuing doing exsactly what it has been doing. Both ABC and SV seem to ignore the BU innovations.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@Bloomie or anyone else have this visual problem with images being 1 pixel wide?

In this case it's probably not really a problem because most likely it's yet another screenshot of BCHSV/BCH market on coinex which I frequently check anyways.
Imgur images should be posted as direct links to the image instead of linking to the Imgur page hosting the image.

Use this:

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/kgNZGOW.png
instead of this:

Code:
https://imgur.com/kgNZGOW
You can use the Image button in the forum's composer to wrap the link.

I have worried that Ethereum could end up as the world money. And I never really looked into it.

But when I see their design goals, I'm sure they will fail:

Source:
https://github.com/ethereum/eth2.0-specs
LOL, an ETH fast node is already painful on a desktop system. They have a nice product, but it bleeds from too much complexity in the core design.

Reactions: _bc and Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
poor BABies:

Reactions: Norway

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
@sickpig

You are increasing the money supply, you're just distributing it equally to all holders. Miners are the engines of the economy and rely on accumulating fees over time. The fee pressure is towards the minimum unit of account for most txs. Does this give you pause?
Your statement sure gives me pause. Why would you want to participate in an economy where the engine is transaction processors and not those producing goods and services? And why would you want to put a floor on their fees instead of let them compete to drive down expenses? Why not just limit block space if you want to artificially prop up the fee market?

If I cut every penny in my penny jar in half, have I increased the money supply?

Reactions: Richy_T and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Christoph Bergmann
The problem isn't that they try to shard Ethereum. The problem is that Vitalik adopted the idea from Core that everybody have to verify (a shard of) everybody's transactions. Makes my life as an investor simpler, as I can rule out ETH as a serious competitor.

Currently, only BCH and BSV are candidates for world money. BSV is the best candidate in my opinion, so my investment is skewed in BSV's favour, but I'm hedging with BCH (Roger Ver is an adoption machine).

digitsu

Jan 5, 2016
One thing the hashwar has done is obliterate decentralized mining on BCH. That was evolving nicely and by its first anniversary, on 1 August 2018, there was a good mix of different miners competing, coming and going depending upon the prevailing profitability against BTC. I recall a reddit post that BCH mining was looking more decentralized than BTC. This was a massive achievement by the ABC team and vindicated pushing through the early difficult days after the spinoff.
Truly decentralized mining is one of the best measures of a successful cryptocurrency.

Less than 3 months later, after a ridiculous diplomatic and political breakdown between ABC and CSW/Coingeek, both forks of BCH are being effectively solo-mined, and all trust by holders and users must be again be given to the miner on each side to not make a corporate decision to move elsewhere. This state of affairs lasted very briefly after BCH was first launched, because the EDA ensured that any other miner could quickly look for profit where the onchain-scaling community and market existed.

Today there is no end in sight to the dependence on solo-miners, so no wonder the aggregate BCH forks value is under pressure, today about 0.06 of BTC. It amazes me how the Bitcoin SV supporters seem to be fine with 100% solo-mining control way into the future.

On the other side, ABC have abandoned multi-development team consensus in their latest releases, which increasingly look like smart-thinking degenerating into panicked thinking. It would not surprise me if another release appears very soon, and that really would be a headless chicken moment.
Solo-mining is a necessary reality at times when miners have too many options on coins that use the same PoW. I don't worry that this situation will fix itself eventually when all Bitcoin's collapse into 1 coin.

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
The problem isn't that they try to shard Ethereum. The problem is that Vitalik adopted the idea from Core that everybody have to verify (a shard of) everybody's transactions. Makes my life as an investor simpler, as I can rule out ETH as a serious competitor.
No, I think that if they fail with this (no it is not a given) it is because they will drown in complexity. For Bitcoin type coins there are fairly easy ways to shard, because of ETHs contracts and state system it will be more of a challenge.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
> (Roger Ver is an adoption machine).

so true, yet so sad. how'd you like to be in Roger's shoes? for years, he gets it right, gets it right, gets it right; then suddenly, he gets it wrong. all based on a personality rift and blind allegiance to a French dictator. he's now one of the 95% as ABC continues to plunge. i can hear his screams now:

Reactions: bitsko

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cypherdoc
Yeah, it's really sad that Roger got it wrong. I think it was because of CSW's political views, not because CSW is rude.

Then again, I think Roger has the ability to adapt. He's a flexible businessman and will come around when he has to. So, I'm not worried about him, he can take care of himself. I'm more worried about his ability to keep the ABC chain and the split alive longer by recruiting people to the wrong chain.

BTW, your number is outdated. 1 BSV = 0.711 BCH now :whistle:

Reactions: sgbett and bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Wow, this isn't good :

[doublepost=1544070556][/doublepost]get it right, get it right, get it right, then suddenly get it wrong.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc:

@reina added the characters "(in adding checkpoints" to my quote. I never said those words and adding them to my quote changes the meaning of what I said. I was not involved in adding checkpoints.

But why is this bad? Many exchanges did dislike the checkpoints. Yes, I do think they were a mistake in hindsight (but I understand why it was done at the time).