Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
I knew this thread was invested with Multicoiners, but as I suspected, they cloaked themselves as if they were maximalists.
Honestly I was a multicoiner since the blocksize debate.
I think the logical consequences of small blocks are a multicoins world (and that's why small blockers maximalists are really, really stupid).
However, CSW made me maximalist again.
Big blocks maximalism appears to be a sound intellectual position, especially is you re-enabled the Bitcoin scripting language.

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
ABC wants people to try to destroy them because they are trying hard to make enemies.
In CSW-newspeak or Daniel K. lingo, they're just doing it to promote competition.

Craig and Calvin seem to be the first ones to step up and get rekt.

But ultimately it will result in better peer to peer electronic cash :D

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
Have you all got your Jerry French maximalist ID cards?
Otherwise I'm going to assume you're all lying multicoiners.
For the record I've always though Only Bitcoin would survive in the long run.

Back in the day I "hedged" a little into other coins that seemed to have interesting properties. (NMC,LTC,ETH,FTC,AnonCoin,DOGE) eventually figured they were largely a waste of time, and was coming around to being full on Bitcoin (cash) maximalist.

More recently I've started to see some of the legal ramifications - the necessary prerequisites for Bitcoin to legally exist in the real world. I've become even more convinced that only Bitcoin (cash), with only simple primitives in SCRIPT putting "cash" as first class citizen (SV), has the best chance of surviving the coming "cull" from legislative bodies around the world.

So yeah I'ma maximalist, I've converted more BCH to SV than is probably wise, but I'm of the opinion that if SV doesn't persist then its likely to be game over for everything else too. For varying reasons.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
It's going to be unpopular with people when exchanges and other businesses drop their number of required confirmations from 25 or 20 down to 10?

Selling "competition" - I didn't even think it was necessary. Maybe it's the first successful product of nChain corp?

It's going to be unpopular with people when exchanges and other businesses drop their number of required confirmations from 25 or 20 down to 10?
No, I meant that it was unpopular to not prevent a chain split.

CSW is known for acting crazy and unpredictable. I expected the ABC side to act more rational.

And no, they did not act rational. The chain has split. Unpopular outcome. Fail.

BTC needed 2,5 years of blocksize-wars, with roundtables, block voting, trolling, softforks, Lightning-promises and you know whatever - to finally split over one of the most fundamental properties of Bitcoin.

BCH needed a few month of controverity to split over - over what?

No matter what CSW did - ABC failed to prevent a very unpopular and unnecessary outcome.

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@Christoph Bergmann, exactly. The incentives should be as hard as possible to split away. You can't get world money if it's every clique on their own chain.

imho this should be a battle to the death, one chain must die. Anyone currently asking to leave our chain alone, is not working towards global cash. Split chains are just Bi-metalism for a digital age. Unsustainable.

ABC needs to try an kill the SV chain or vica verca. Interestingly, this game will be a taste of what's to come for BTC.

If you thought two coins sharing SHA256 was bad, three, are highly unstable.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Imho it's a bug not a feature, that the negative forces are spilled away quickly.
Yes, the BTC miners (ABC miners of today) should have spilled away the negative blockstream forces quickly. They should have been voting with their CPU power to do that. But they did the opposite and killed Bitcoin Unlimited. Now half of this BU 'community' forms a sadomasochistic symbiosis with those traitors.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016

go1111111

I didn't get any responses to my request for SV supporters to exchange SV for ABC coins with me.

I've now sold all my SV coins elsewhere, but I still see lots of overconfidence from people here about SV's prospects. I would still like to profit off of this overconfidence.

Are any SV supporters here interested in betting on the relative price of SV and ABC at some point far into the future? I'm pretty sure we'll be able to set this up so that we both feel protected from counterparty risk.

If you do support SV but for some reason the idea of betting on its future price doesn't interest you: why not? I may be able to address your concerns and help you enter into an agreement that you believe will be profitable for you.