Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i seriously doubt that. you'll be forever hobbled by excuses.

what's happening right now is extraordinary and clearly going right over your head. CSW might be a lunatic, might be a fraud, but he certainly is WAY more than you and all the other ABC supporters thought he was. he is the sole reason behind the accomplishments that are happening right now and has made it further along in this experiment than anyone like you thought he would get. there is something to be said for a vision that is backed not only by conviction but by action. apparently he knows something you don't. risking it all to prove a concept that possibly he conceived.
[doublepost=1542674806][/doublepost]yet another ABC apologist objecting at the top of his lungs:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
Yep. Satoshi or not, he has some genius in him.
He has a vision and he is ready to execute on it*. Gotta respect that.
Whatever the end of this may be, he has provided invaluable information and knowledge to the whole space through his bold thinking and actions.

*I would say Satoshi had these qualities as well.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
look at the difference in energy efficiency per tx btwn these two chains. the Multicoining miners and their overweening voluntaryists should be embarrassed:

Last edited:

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
what's happening right now is extraordinary and clearly going right over your head. CSW might be a lunatic, might be a fraud, but he certainly is WAY more than you and all the other ABC supporters thought he was. he is the sole reason behind the accomplishments that are happening right now and has made it further along in this experiment than anyone like you thought he would get. there is something to be said for a vision that is backed not only by conviction but by action. apparently he knows something you don't. risking it all to prove a concept that possibly he conceived.
I do agree that it's cool to see them produce these big blocks. The network is quite robust, even when nodes are dog slow and under extreme stress like they are now (reports are that the 64 MB block took ~30 min to propagate).

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
i seriously doubt that. you'll be forever hobbled by excuses.
On the contrary, it is CSW claiming to be Satoshi who had to wait for 10 years to clone BU and ABC code to get to a struggling intermittent 64MB.
If we hadn't been stalled out by Blockstream 1.0, we would've been there already, no doubt with a good deal more real utilization of the network.

Buying / renting hashpower doesn't make him a genius. He also appears to have an organization behind him that we'll no doubt find out more about.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I do agree that it's cool to see them produce these big blocks. The network is quite robust, even when nodes are dog slow and under extreme stress like they are now (reports are that the 64 MB block took ~30 min to propagate).
look how fast SV gobbled this mempool up (larger than any in ABC mempool's history). fantastic:

[doublepost=1542676622][/doublepost]
On the contrary, it is CSW claiming to be Satoshi who had to wait for 10 years to clone BU and ABC code to get to a struggling intermittent 64MB.
since you're the one bringing it up, let's assume for a moment he is Satoshi. who the fuck cloned who's code?
[doublepost=1542677015][/doublepost]
nodes crashing everywhere, nodes choking on BIG blocks, 30min reports for the 64MB block propagation. does it get anymore beautiful than this?

next week, it'll all be fixed. like magic.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Buying / renting hashpower doesn't make him a genius. He also appears to have an organization behind him that we'll no doubt find out more about.
tbh, with all your inflammatory rhetoric, i'm seriously beginning to wonder about you.

buying/renting all that hash=GINORMOUS risk, which takes vision and confidence and knowledge. if you're so smart, why don't you go out and buy/rent all that hash to put him down?

>He also appears to have an organization behind him

oh brother.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>>He also appears to have an organization behind him

let's assume for a moment CSW is backed by the State. did it ever occur to any of you idiots that the last thing they would want him to demonstrate/prove is that the network IS capable of huge blocks onchain?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
let's assume for a moment CSW is backed by the State. did it ever occur to any of you idiots that the last thing they would want him to demonstrate/prove is that the network IS capable of huge blocks onchain?
Did it ever occur to you that if he was, he would not like the public to demonstrate it, but fuck it up any way he could?

let's assume for a moment he is Satoshi. who the fuck cloned who's code?
oh brother

Then I'm gonna go with "he cloned Adam Back's code"
[doublepost=1542681255][/doublepost]p.s. classy public apology, Ryan, respect.

All the best, I have learned how important decentralized platforms are to our future. Thanks to you and Yours for providing an inspiration as to what Bitcoin can be used for.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
no, raspi's
[doublepost=1542682515][/doublepost]i still don't understand why anyone listens to Vitalik:

If I were a BCH user and the miners did something like that, I would first try to gather support for a PoW change to evict the obviously powerful and malicious actors

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Did it ever occur to you that if he was, he would not like the public to demonstrate it, but fuck it up any way he could?
that's some counter-intuitive reasoning you got there.
[doublepost=1542684006][/doublepost]
Then I'm gonna go with "he cloned Adam Back's code"
my point is that all these clients, BU, XT, ABC, BTC et al are simply clones of the original Satoshi code.
[doublepost=1542684630,1542683943][/doublepost]i was getting concerned about this:

then i saw this:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
that's some counter-intuitive reasoning you got there.
How so?
If Satoshi was "dead but alive", - a "state" captured them and coerced the rest of the group, after the invention had escaped into the wild, they could easily be coercing them into regaining control, to subdue this invention.
Fits what we've seen better than what I'd have to posit to believe your theory.

my point is that all these clients, BU, XT, ABC, BTC et al are simply clones of the original Satoshi code.
And my point was that from a falsehood, one may derive anything. I remain unconvinced.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>If Satoshi was "dead but alive", - a "state" captured them and coerced the rest of the group, after the invention had escaped into the wild, they could easily be coercing them into regaining control.

let me rephrase --> that's some serious paranoia from all we know of CSW and the Satoshi Group.

>And my point was that from a falsehood, one may derive anything. I remain unconvinced.

really? all these implementations are simply knock offs of the original Satoshi code. that's a fact.

Reactions: Norway

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
Here is a polished graph of the sustained throughput on the BSV network during the stress tests. Despite the 64 MB and 38 MB blocks, sustained throughput was rarely above 10 MB per ten-minutes. The big blocks were made possible by producing them less frequently. 10 MB blocks every 10-minutes would have been more effective.

This drives me crazy. Woke up much too early, and what is in my mind? Something about Bitmain. Urg.

But first: A 64mb Block! Awesome! This is about 50x as much as BTC, and 3x as much as we've seen in the August stresstest. I think there has never been a live blockchain with that much volume. This is the hugest success we Big Blockers ever had!

And if you look at reddit ... they have become the new small blockers. What a pity.

I have a very weak VPS node, I think 2 core, 2gb ram. And it is still alive and up to the chain. I was very surprised when this node passed the first stresstest.

--

Now ... Bitmain. I think it's certain that BCH can not survive without Bitmain. I'm very surprised how they act.

According to their IPO prospects they had close to 1mio BCH. This was their strongest asset, and they have already been largely overinvested. This puzzled (and concerned) me when I read it the first time. The prospect is some month old, I think they rebalanced and sold large chunks of BCH, but low market liquidity makes it unlikely that it was more than 100k or 200k.

So ... what did Bitmain lost since thursday? BCH as a whole sunk from $520 to $320, the "new BCH" even on $220. This is a loss of something like $150-300mio. They also suffer from decreased BTC price, and they burn money to mine BCH at a loss.

Maybe they sell 800k BSV, but this will not give so much, maybe $50mio, if not less, break the market and basically serve as an airdrop for an interesting new (or very old) coin. I would love it.

Their strategy was a disaster. Maybe they expected BCH price to moon, when the "upgrade" was "successfull". But it didn't happen. Even if the ABC chain is safe and widely acknowledges as "the original BCH", it will not happen. The fork hurt BCH like crazy. Bitmain acted dumb, unbelievably dumb for such a successful company. They burn money to harm BCH, and it was predictable that this happens. At least they should have been aware of the risk.

And if you add that in one or two years mining-reward halves again - they are more or less dead, if no PoW currency quadripples in value - they should safe money, not burn it, or, at least, invest in something that makes sense. They absolutely need to lessen dependance of asicable PoW-currencies.

Why do they gamble with hundreds of millions?

There must be something they want to win. Something big. nChain is clear about their intentions. Restoring Bitcoin 0.1, having thousands of patents. Take that like you want - both Satoshi and Faketoshi makes sense, and both would be an absolutely admirable act for the books of history. But Bitmain? What is their goal?

When I said "there will be no fork" I considered these known "Bitmain-Facts" and assumed a rational behaviour. It seems I missed something. Do they have a goal worth all this blood?

Is it this wormhole thing? I don't know much about it, and I have no clue why they need it so terribly that they are willing to burn hundreds of millions for it.

My guess is that they try a similar strategy as Blockstream: Demonstrate the ability to control a major blockchain protocol, and use this as an asset to get money from investors. This would make their bleeding a kind of investment. But it is still highly risky, while the precise goal remains unclear. As what can they sell their BCH-chain to the market?

A speculation would be that they promise to deliver the digital Yuan, powered by chinese Mining-Farms. Maybe even as a new world currency, to think big. Large mining facilities in inner China fuel the new world money.

Wormhole could be a perfect match for this venture: Bitmain holds BCH, and whenever the chinese Government, a chinese bank, or some foreign power, like a bankrupted nation, needs digital Yuan, they must buy a BCH from Bitmain, so that a new token can be created. That would be not a bad plan ... but not what I would support. But it is all pure speculation.

I just don't know why they do it, while it seems important. I don't like this.

Last edited: