Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
"connect the latest block to the chain tip."

This means the new block has been downloaded by your node, verified, your mempool adjusted to reflect the new state, and, if you were a miner, you'd be ready to mine upon this new block.

"post new work"

Work for the miners of the pool to start working on. This means that the SV mining pool "connected the latest block to the chain tip" 2 minutes before the normal nodes listening on the network.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i go away for a few hours and come back to see this. yes, still behind on total PoW but still, not bad!

Reactions: Norway

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
@Zarathustra

Why are you still here? Don't you have work to do, blacklisting coins and such?
That's the mindset of a winner. Your team is never too small to not make valuable members go away.

I always thought that the name "bcash" should be a warning what BCH could become. Now it became bcash.

You want me to go away too? lol.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
@Zarathustra
Thanks for the video.

The freedom fighters from nChain pressure companies with their patents. Awesome!

Blockstream looks like a nice and friendly company compared to nChain.
The multicoiners and freedom fighters from Bitmain, ViaBTC et al. downvoted the Bitcoin Cash voters with their CPU power. They did that already with the North Corean implementation against BU.

Patents are property rights. That's part of the capitalistic game. It's the JPMorg and the Goldman Sachs who'll patent all potential blockchain tech if it's not the crypto companies. Anarcho capitalism is science fiction. Craig is wright here: “Anarchists are delusional. Capitalism needs the State. (...) You can't have a society without law."

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9y551i/anarchists_are_delusional_capitalism_needs_the/
[doublepost=1542621095,1542620173][/doublepost]
@Zarathustra

@freetrader likes this ...

In contrast to the BTC miners and their cheerleaders, I've actually blacklisted most shitcoins. In contrast to all those opportunistic multicoiners I almost went Bagatell Berserk, which means: much more berserk than @satoshis_sockpuppet. Cheers!

Last edited:

go1111111

Now that I've split my ABC and SV coins I find myself wanting to trade away my SV coins. However I'm not finding exchanges with much liquidity that will let me deposit SV coins.

I think it's possible to trustlessly exchange SV and ABC coins using a fairly standard cross-chain swap mechanism. Is anyone on the SV side in a similar situation regarding not finding suitable exchanges for the trades you want to make? Do you want to trustlessly get more SV coins? Send me a DM if interested.

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
And as far as I don't like Craig and his bullshit, I realized that SV implementation philosophy is more close to my understanding of what Bitcoin should be.
This is really the remarkable thing about recent events. Very few people seem to be really on board with CTOR or even op-codes like DSV. Yes CTOR may help with scaling, but this seems unclear to most and might be of marginal benefit.

Codes like DSV are wanted by those that have plans to build stuff using that, which is great, for them. Not necessarily great for BCH.

Yet because of the toxicity from nChain and co. and stubbornness from ABC side we end up with a split

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
The chains are defined by the rules they follow, not the clients mining them. BU is compatible with both chains.

I said your language was interesting, because you identify BU with the ABC rules. The BU membership voted no to CTOR.
Are you aware of any miners that used / is using BU to mine according to SV rules? At best of my knowledge there's none, this is why I took the liberty to use BU rather than "BU clients not following the SV rules".

I don't have any data to provide you regarding SatoshiShotgun. Brendan Lee (@CoinstorageGuru on Twitter) can probably give you some answers.
According to what Bred said here ("[t]he stress test team have spent the weekend working through numerous technical issues [...] We are pleased to announce an impending demonstration of big blocks on the Bitcoin SV chain. BABC next.") seems like the "missing" stress test was due to "numerous technical problems" rather than "ABC is just blacklisting the Shotgun txs" as @Zangelbert Bingledack said on Nov 17th.

What is strange is that in a previous tweet Brendan said the problem was "due to transaction propagation issues on the BABC chain".

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
The miners will step in to secure Bitcoin Cash against attacks by using PoW as it it's planned in Bitcoin's design (see the whitepaper).

FTFY
great way to maintain two chains instead of, yes, my preferred ideal one chain solution. you should want that too. at this point, it doesn't matter to me which one altho i'd prefer the one that moves quickest to a permanent blocksize solution.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Zarathustra

I'll just leave this here as a reminder. If you don't understand I don't have time to explain.
[doublepost=1542646683,1542646039][/doublepost]
Yet because of the toxicity from nChain and co. and stubbornness from ABC side we end up with a split
The ABC team don't know how to create value or grow the network. They are too ignorant to know who to listen too. If they had followed the non-binding BU vote and given up their ability to force the change to a more decentralized interest. I suspect the outcome would be diferant.

I also blame the exchanges. I as an investor wanted to put money on bidding up BUIP135 changes that create value and show miners which upgrades to activate to create value.
The exchanges design their futures contracts to encourage splits, not upgrades.