Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

imaginary_username

Aug 19, 2015
who's the moderator and can he/she ban alisalomkova? account's been spamming many threads.

@tomz I agree that the miners are already deciding now, but the communication is messy and not very public, not to mention consensus-by-email (or chatroom or phone, take your pick) is hardly the best way to do things. Signing intention on blocks is much more straightforward and transparent.

Yesterday I was on a medieval market. They are a big thing in Germany, in the last decade in every city medieval (christmas) markets popped up. I like the atmosphere, and I like drinking met (honey-vine).

The market took place in an old monestary, which made a great background. There have been a lot of merchant tents, music, fire shows, acrobats and so on. Everything was fine, but there was one problem: Nearly nobody was there. At a saturday evening the market was nearly empty. I asked the merchants about it, and they said, yes, they make nearly no money with this market, because too few visitors.

The reason for the low number of visitors is very easy to understand: They charge €12 for entry. €12 might not sound so much for 2018 Bitcoiners, but for many people it is a prohibitive amount - especially for going on a MARKET, where you buy (extraordinary expensive) clothes, drinks and meals.

This is the same economic unbraining as when our local mall wants you to pay 70cent to use a toilet, or when Bitcoin Core fans champagning the fee market.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
who's the moderator and can he/she ban alisalomkova? account's been spamming many threads.
You're probably the only one who understands why I got/get frustrated with this around here.

Reactions: imaginary_username

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
This is worthy of a BOOYAH* and a "Mission Accomplished" thrown in for good measure.

Bitcoin core is BTC according to Novogratz. Bad luck for him that loaded up with BTC in a major way just after 1st August 2017. If he is the smart man he thinks he is, then "diversification" is a good word for him to learn.

* Had to look this up to be sure..
It is a way of saying "SLAM" or, even better, "HELL YEAH". It became popular after ESPN host Stuart Scott used it a lot to describe monster slam dunks in basketball news reports. So, imagine the in-your-faceness of a hammering slam dunk, and that will give you a good idea of booyah.
Blockstream-DCG's basket has sure been slam-dunked now.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
We're almost home boys, with GS & NYSE. All that's left is to get the flippening :

In addition to being approved to custody and trade Zcash the NYDFS has confirmed to Forbes that Gemini will also receive approvals for Bitcoin Cash, with a total market value of $25 billion and Litecoin, valued at $8.2 billion, though details about when these currencies might go live remain sparse.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/05/14/winklevoss-brothers-bitcoin-exchange-adds-zcash/#12f800f46b98

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Looks like I've gained the ignominious distinction of getting banned from r/bitcoinmarkets. They definitely have a Core affinity. Like I said I don't mind backing core trolls into a corner and getting them to dig their heels in. It's all a part of the obligatory 95% of BCH investors losing money on the way up. This is psychological warfare from TPTB I'm responding to, imo.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Bagatell
I'm getting a really bad feeling about this consortium. I'm working on this Ka-ching protocol, and my gut feeling is that it would be a nightmare to let this anonymous organization have a say on it.

I'm happy to see that neither BitPay nor Bitcoin.com are a part of it, as they would be my first companies to go to when I have more to show for.

Look at their web page https://www.consortium.cash/ and scroll down.

They have listed 5 people under "Individuals".

One of these 5 people tweeted this today:

EDIT: Typo

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
I'm getting a really bad feeling about this consortium. I'm working on this Ka-ching protocol, and my gut feeling is that it would be a nightmare to let this anonymous organization have a say on it.
No fear! nobody is telling you to do anything
The basic truth of developments like the ka-ching is that they are essentially about cooperation. Your ring is useless when it can't talk to point-of-sale apps, for instance. If you don't want anyone to have a say, then thats more than fine. You don't have to work with others. But I guess you might want to pick a project where cooperation isn't a core component to success.

Consortium
«A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, organizations or governments with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal.»
The list of people and companies is growing and its exciting to see so many already there on the initial announcement day. I signed up today (literally an hour before the announcement) and am quite excited about this.

I hope that more people and companies join in a voluntairy pooling of resources.

People like Norway that are not interested are Ok to do things alone, thats perfectly fine and nobody will think badly of you.

OpenMind

Apr 13, 2018
I think someone(s) is working very hard to split BCH. Though I'm not sure that the Cash denomination push isn't part of it. I'm not fond of it but I'm certainly not going to spit my pacifier out about it.
"split my pacifier".... rich, Richy_T ...
[doublepost=1526349664][/doublepost]Here's my introduction.

I have been following Bitcoin intensely since 2012. I love the idea that this value exchange vehicle, will change the way we value each other.

I want to be a member of BU because I feel I can contribute, however this is never about me, so I choose to be anonymous.

I have an open mind. What more are you looking for in a member?

Reactions: AdrianX and solex

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Nothing more. Apply for membership.

Reactions: AdrianX

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
/u/fossiltooth argued admirably here but I still think he's wrong. Especially the part where he thinks Goldmoney is some sort of decentralized digital entity that makes gold function as money. Hardly:

Last edited:

KoKansei

Mar 5, 2016
Looks like I've gained the ignominious distinction of getting banned from r/bitcoinmarkets.
Me, too! Calling out robo-posting trolls for having no skin in the game is "harassment" but "BCASH BCASH LOL" is perfectly acceptable. It is clear where the mods' sympathies lie. I am very much looking forward to the inevitable demise of reddit and the rise of an uncensorable, spam-resistant replacement where people with way, way more time than actual capital are not able to drown out logical conversation.

Glad to be in such ignominious company. :LOL: