Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
so Armory only works with ABC up to version 0.16.1 and goatpig has made it clear he will not be upgrading Armory to be compatible beyond that version. given the May 15 hard fork, will 0.16.1 still work with the BCH network?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@majamalu would you still not use Changelly? if not, what other options are there with no limits?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@cypherdoc

Unfortunately, the only trustable alternative that I know of is Shapeshift. It's annoying, and the fees add up, but at least I've never had problems making multiple simultaneous transactions below the limit.
thanks. so you don't think it's FUD?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Don't count on it. The shortcomings have already been demonstrated.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
if not, what other options are there with no limits?
trex? you need an account but verification is simplified as there is no fiat interface.

i expect ~0.165 to be a local maximum.

EDIT: but wouldn't mind if i am wrong.

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Don't count on it. The shortcomings have already been demonstrated.
We already know that some people need to be shown more than once :)

If Bitcoin dawdles along with low usage and low fees for a bunch of months, it's not too helpful to BCH.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Depends. If BCH is growing, which I think it will be, stagnation of BTC will be very helpful, if not fatal; for BTC.

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
thanks. so you don't think it's FUD?
I don't think so (I've seen complains from many different sources). I could be wrong, of course, but I wouldn't take the risk.

If the allegations are true, the problem is not that Changelly has a new policy; the problem is that they are not being open about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: freetrader

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
Look:

(Source: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/changelly.com)

"(...) Also: There is no warning of KYC requirements on the transaction."

Reply from Changelly:

(Published Thursday, April 12, 2018)

"Hi Stefan, We put our security system into a mode according to European AML directives and regulations, ONLY when we detect a transaction as suspicious. Which is the case with the transaction, especially if you refuse to support it with the documents. (...) So please provide the documents required and if everything is fine with your funds you will get them back without a delay. Thank you for your understanding!"

Another one:

"Initially, they ask for the user to send a passport photo and then wait for a reply from their "security" team. Nobody seems to be getting any reply over the course of weeks and months. Eventually, support will stop responding to your inquires and leave you with nothing.

**DO NOT USE CHANGELLY FOR LARGE (>1000 USD) TRANSACTIONS**"

Reply from Changelly

"Dear user, We understand your frustrations, but all the KYC procedures are meant to protect you as well. Unfortunately, our service attracts numerous criminals lately who try to cover their tracks and try to use stolen funds. In this regard, when we detect a transaction as suspicious, we put our security system into a more according to European AML directives and regulations. Most of the exchanges are processed regularly and are still anonymous"

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Students of chaos theory will find this interesting.
Bitcoin BTC fees are becoming impossible to predict for expected confirmation delays.

Twelve hours ago all the bands in this graphic were green. Now it is indicative of serious delays at fee levels which were previously acceptable for rapid confirmation. How can any fee estimating software do a good job in these conditions? Many of those in the top orange band would have paid more if they knew capacity throughput would degrade in hours as much as it used to over weeks in the past.

deadalnix

Sep 18, 2016
Isn't that the job of the committers/maintainers like you? I hesitate to say job because presumably it's a voluntary process. But if you're going to take the lead and get all the glory that goes with that I'd think you'd prioritize the security and confidence of your releases.
Yes it is. My job has been to do this, plus being webmaster of two sites, plus community manager, plus lead dev, plus specs, plus negotiate with exchanges, miner and alike, plus, plus plus. We have close to zero funding to hire people to do it, and as far as the community goes, we have a lot of words of support, but not much actual work done.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Students of chaos theory will find this interesting.
Bitcoin BTC fees are becoming impossible to predict for expected confirmation delays.

Twelve hours ago all the bands in this graphic were green. Now it is indicative of serious delays at fee levels which were previously acceptable for rapid confirmation. How can any fee estimating software do a good job in these conditions? Many of those in the top orange band would have paid more if they knew capacity throughput would degrade in hours as much as it used to over weeks in the past.
Already known well in advance of it occurring the first time but always worth repeating.