Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

@Dusty

This might be a hint of who is actually in Dragonsden, it was very curious for me to look at the order and timing of clusterings of blocks. For example, my earliest blocks that I noticed were Beautyon, Samson Mow, and Vortex. Back, Rudolfo Novak, Francis Pouliot and some others were like a second wave.

One of my best blocks is Peter Todd, who blocked me in a gesture to white knight on Adam Back's behalf.

Another is MrHodl, who threatened to block me unless I got on Mumble with him to prove I wasn't some sock (prove to some fuckhole named "MrHodl"??), and then followed through with it when I mocked him in response.
Yes, the blocking it's funny. I recently accidentally noticed I m blocked by John Carvello or wtf his name is, despite never having interacted with him.

I think it's an act of self-immunization against anything which could risk to disturb their closed world view.
[doublepost=1515238166][/doublepost]
talk about denial; "this is good news!":

TenX it's one of the most disturbing things in crypto. This guy announced a wallet with visa, as if it was a new idea and did an ico. Result was a valuation of half a billion dollar, while the dozens of other wallets doing visa are hardly profitable, at least not if they don't rip customers with insane spreads and fees
[doublepost=1515238501,1515237732][/doublepost]Ah, and ripple, @moleccular

I also had an xrp recovery key from 2013, and since they have been worth nothing than, I hoped to have at least 10,000 ... After inserting the key I had to realize it are only 42.

Best thing was, I couldn't even spend them, because addresses need to have a minimum of 20 xrp to be active, and another 15 to be able to process payments. So from 42 I was only able to transfer 6 to kraken. Here I couldn't sell them, because minimum balance.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
The thought occurred to me, if referring to people as "Bitcoin Core" is such an epithet, because "Core doesn't exist", or "Core is 1,654,453,124,324,764 developers who have nothing to do with each other", or "we're craaaaazzy none of us agree about anything, that other guy wanted the segwit logo to be blue instead of black", then I'm going to just start calling these people the "$32 Bubble Boys", because that's probably the most accurate description (with the exception of Adam Back, who is one of the "$266 Bubble Boys").

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@albin
Back is probably a $1242 Bubble Boy, as he opened his github account within 48 hours of the Mt Gox peak. So, he had an ultra-early preview by Satoshi in 2008, dismissed it, then watched in mounting horror as the price climbed from zero, through 1,2,3, into 4-figures. Then, just as the last FOMO noob panic-bought, he decided to become involved. Of course, only in the way where he could "fix" Satoshi's "broken" invention, by wrapping side-chains onto it for 2nd-layer protocols.

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
The thought occurred to me, if referring to people as "Bitcoin Core" is such an epithet, because "Core doesn't exist", or "Core is 1,654,453,124,324,764 developers who have nothing to do with each other", or "we're craaaaazzy none of us agree about anything, that other guy wanted the segwit logo to be blue instead of black", then I'm going to just start calling these people the "$32 Bubble Boys", because that's probably the most accurate description (with the exception of Adam Back, who is one of the "$266 Bubble Boys").
there are now a litany of hypocrisies that have built up over the last few years from Core that are begging to be outted. how quickly we forget the "unanimous consent from the technical community" (the infamous 100 core devs) claims from Backtrack et al covering a variety of topics and claims.

i'm particularly enjoying this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7ohfom/remember_when_segwit_was_meant_to_not_make_people/ i had been pounding this argument on Twitter for a while now before my old acct got twittled with.
[doublepost=1515255687,1515254942][/doublepost]the BCH price continues to handle the body blows quite well. we may have bottomed for this leg:

[doublepost=1515255968][/doublepost]@albin: doesn't this count as "unanimous support"?:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Segwit_support

albin

Nov 8, 2015
@solex

Very well said! Although I think there's some room for interpretation, because Back's bitcointalk noob jail post was April 18th (which maybe even looks worse because that's literally right after the "Cypress" bubble!). He seems to have a pattern of getting fire under his ass right after the dread of price spikes, which definitely speaks to the psychology you're describing.

And to think all he had to do was run and tinker w/ Satoshi's software for fun and inadvertently he'd become insanely rich, like anyone in his position who was actually interested in electronic cash would've done!

hodl

Feb 13, 2017
I forgot how to upload images from an android to this forum. Use an image service link (which service, imgur sucks) or is there a direct upload?

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Using a float to represent an amount of currency is always "doing it wrong" because it invokes undefined behavior between different platforms.
[doublepost=1514152111,1514151134][/doublepost]
The two I use most often are listsinceblock and gettransaction. If those methods returned a field called "satoshis" (or maybe something more generic like "units" if you wanted to encourage other currencies to pick up the convention) it would help. Ideally any json object that include an "amount" field should have it.
@Justus Ranvier "satoshi" field added to all places where there is an "amount" field in our 1.2.0.0 release...

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@hodl I suspect $100k+ is coming fairly soon, but can't remember which post that was as I've been calling for that since 2013 :)

Wrote that post on a plane ride where I had no internet so it is more carefully crafted and has a bit of that aged-in-an-oak-cask feel, haha. My favorite bit, which I think is a message that can go far:

"Instead of the Fed creating holder-dilution coin backed by its own authority position and that coin temporarily pumping higher than Bitcoin and temporarily taking on the Bitcoin name, Core has created holder-dilution coin backed by its own authority position and that coin has temporarily pumped higher than Bitcoin and temporarily taken on the Bitcoin name."

(By the way, for inline images paste the imgur link into the box that comes up when you click the image icon in the posting window.)