Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Lol, I couldn't resist to click on the "Breaking Bitcoin" livestream earlier this day. A talk about "social attacks" on Bitcoin by the insufferable "fintech" bitch, now proud cypherpunk, Alyse Killeen.
Everything these guys do is projection, it's astonishing. After the talk some retard with an UASF hat on. Talking about social attacks and censorship.

They are bad people with a bad agenda. Honestly, at this point I would refuse to be in the same room as these people. They have tried any imaginable attack on bitcoin, short of battery and murder. Wonder if we'll see physical attacks by some of their UASF-tools on big blockers in the next weeks (I hope not).

edit: And how fucked up in the head do you have to be, to voluntarily start wearing "uniforms" to defend your "decentralized system without leaders"? I mean come on, you don't see the irony in everybody wearing the same (military camouflage..) hat to defend your presumed individualism?
They just need to come up with "BCash" pants and "NO2X" boots and they can combine that with their "ack-shirts" to a complete "I'm a blockstream brainwashed fucked up retard small block bitcoiner" uniform.
Monty Python comes to mind...

@todu Wait, "sex sells" is auto moderated at /r/btc? Didn't know Roger was such a prude. ;)

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@todu: Ok, thanks for the notice. I was just thinking that maybe I should ping you on reddit once more about this oddity.

I am now seriously wondering about the general neutrality of the reddit automoderation feature, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is set to flag certain things more likely than others.

But that's unfortunately outside the hands of the individual subreddit's moderators, and I understand that.

Further thinking about this: To try to explain this without conspiracy theories, this could also due to the application of a general model of what is most likely being flagged by users on reddit. Across the whole site.

Like an automatically learning spam filter.

And then the general political climate, the Overton window and so forth leak into the decisions of the automoderator. The /r/btc SR suffering from that kind of dumb "AI".

I wonder whether there could be a way to figure out which one of the above it is.

Interesting times.

Last edited:

Epilido

Sep 2, 2015
@satoshis_sockpuppet

No I mean more like.

As I was leaving last night's conference I was assaulted and held against the wall while my phone and personal possessions were taken. They showed me pictures of my wife and children and told me if I didn't quit developing and start tweeting against blockstream, my family would be harassed and possibly physically harmed. I felt these threat were real and filed a police report. I can not allow this to happen so I am warning all of you to be careful.

Then went asked for simple proof like a picture of a bruise or the police report. The response will be; giving out that info would put me or my family at too great of a risk.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Did I really just hear that hypocritical tosser Todd trying to call someone out for failing to perform responsible disclosure?

These guys are a joke at this point.

Things will get very interesting as 2X draws closer. I expect the dirty tricks to ramp up hugely. Looks like James Hilliard has kicked things off by trying to attack Cash with the exploit in the presentation.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Hm, I watched some of the miner panel of 'breaking bitcoin' and - strange to say - Alex Petrov is making a lot of sense and appears very reasonable. What the hell :D

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
lol
So either core sat on a critical vulnerability, they discovered, for half a year without disclosing it to others and without deploying a fix (the Greg-I-discover-every-bug fantasy edition), or they sat on it for 2 months after someone else disclosed it to them (which is what in reality happened) and deployed no fix.

I don't know why people think, that Greg's fantasy version makes core look better.

Oh hey, and Andreas, I thought core is absolutely bug-free due to their fantastic review process! :D

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
A. Petrov (@SysMan) does often make a lot of sense. @cypherdoc used to say he was miles ahead of anyone else, back when ASICS were being optimized for computing SHA256. But, perhaps out of a reasonable will for BTC expansion, Bitfury got in bed with the Davos crowd and with BSCore. Costs were sunk. Now, wittingly or not, he participates in bitcoin cooption. Go ahead and make your settlement layer, the coin moves on with or without you -- or us.

OFF TOPIC: a moment to remember the direct and indirect victims of September 11, 2001.
Please no upvotes.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Greg Maxwell/Bitcoin core, psychological projection, exhibit 1e6:
Falsely accusing deadalnix for copyright infringement because he doesn't thank Greg Maxwell in every single comment, while falsely attributing oneself early commits from Gavin and sirius to himself to give the impression that you've been an early developer/adopter.

Man, this could fill a book.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@Zarathustra: Fair enough.

Regarding BitFury, what's with the bailing from the 2x part manipulation? Are they trading loss of reputation (was some left?) against attempted market manipulation?
[doublepost=1505155154][/doublepost]@satoshis_sockpuppet : As far as I have seen, @deadalnix is pretty diligent with saying 'ported from core' in the commit lines (However, the Schnorr blunder was bad, though...).

I still think it might be a good idea to set up the dev environment to make this automatic. For example, git cherry-pick has the -x option, from the manual:

When recording the commit, append a line that says "(cherry picked from commit ...)" to the original commit message in order to indicate which commit this change was cherry-picked from. This is done only for cherry picks without conflicts. Do not use this option if you are cherry-picking from your private branch because the information is useless to the recipient. If on the other hand you are cherry-picking between two publicly visible branches (e.g. backporting a fix to a maintenance branch for an older release from a development branch), adding this information can be useful.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Regarding BitFury, what's with the bailing from the 2x part manipulation? Are they trading loss of reputation (was some left?) against attempted market manipulation?
Alex's statement wasn't really coherent (imho) and the interpretation of the core crowd "bitfury backs down from 2x" is just putting words in his mouth as far as I can tell.

Maybe wishful thinking on my side, we will see. I was surprised by his clear thoughts on other topics though. From his words alone, he seemed to be pretty good aligned with Bitcoin's idea in general.

Reactions: Norway and AdrianX

albin

Nov 8, 2015
Totally farty observation here, but in Maxwell's reaction to JJgate, you can see some very clear tropes. He talks in such a way as to shame you into giving him maximum benefit of the doubt.

This is exactly like one of the central character themes in Game of Thrones.

There are characters that are too honorable and assume good faith in their adversaries to their peril (Ned Stark, Robb Stark, etc.).

There are characters that are these adversaries, but who lack real power and simply rely on the trick to elicit that good faith and then betray it, which is at best a one-time deal and then you're out of tricks (Cersei Lannister, Ramsey Bolton, Walder Frey, etc.).

There are characters that are legit powerful power players (Tywin Lannister, Olenna Tyrell, Stannis Baratheon), and less powerful but shrewd (Littlefinger, Varys).

Maxwell clearly operates on the Cersei/Ramsey/Frey paradigm. He has no real power but he uses incessant bullshit to abuse your goodness into extending benefit of the doubt.