Coronavirus: COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
What it comes down to, is that for Sweden, a 50% shutdown (which is what they really have) == a NYC 80% shutdown. Because in NYC there is tons more interaction, mixing.

So basically everyone is already following the Sweden model, but they just took more active measures to get the same effect.
"You are an exceptionally malicious troll."

You can't or don't want to see the difference between the mostly voluntary measures in Stockholm (the NY of Sweden) on the one hand, and the government-imposed measures in New York.

Mazdak Dorosti is no longer taking the metro to get to his banking job across Stockholm and cycling instead. But on his virus-adapted commute, he sees restaurants and coffee shops filled with people sitting close together.

It's a scene that has become almost unthinkable for many millions of people in other countries as the coronavirus spreads and prompts seismic changes to everyday life.

But Sweden refused to lock down to try slow the spread of the virus. It is instead relying on people to follow guidelines without closures or much compulsion.

Shops, restaurants, bars, parks, and elementary schools are open. People are advised to keep apart, work from home if possible, stay inside if they're over 70, and avoid unnecessary travel.

The only hard restrictions include a ban on gatherings of more than 50 people. Bars and restaurants can serve only seated customers, with no standing to reduce crowding. And visits to nursing homes are forbidden.

Who can tell me the relationship between some of what we've been discussing around the spread of Covid-19, a "cult" figure in this Forum and Bitcoin?
"You are an exceptionally malicious troll."

There is a relationship between the lockdown defenders and the idolaters of The New Idol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
You can't or don't want to see the difference between the mostly voluntary measures in Stockholm (the NY of Sweden) on the one hand, and the government-imposed measures in New York.
You can't see that NYC is so vastly different than Sweden? Really? I mean seriously. Hey everybody, please stay home and social distance from each other. Next day, 300 people in a packed NYC bar meant to hold 200.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the answer to this:

Who can tell me the relationship between some of what we've been discussing around the spread of Covid-19, a "cult" figure in this Forum and Bitcoin?

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
You can't see that NYC is so vastly different than Sweden? Really? I mean seriously.
Unbelievable ignorance. Doesn't compare NYC with Stockholm. Compares a City with a country, a third time, because has no better arguments. "You are an exceptionally malicious troll."

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

cypherblock

Nov 18, 2015
NYTimes did an interesting report on Sweden the other day.

"But while Sweden has avoided the devastating tolls of outbreaks in Italy, Spain and Britain, it also has seen an extraordinary increase in deaths, mortality data show.

In Stockholm, where the virus spread through migrant communities, more than twice the usual number of people died last month. That increase far surpasses the rise in deaths in American cities like Boston and Chicago, and approaches the increase seen in Paris."

But I will give you that the final results are not yet in. Sweden model may still end up "working" for Sweden in the long run, too early to say and their reporting data seems to go down, then spike up. On a down trend now, but many places are as well.

As for differences that I mentioned:

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Meanwhile, people in the Peruvian jungle are getting infected with covid and dying in staggering numbers. They probably forgot to consult Dr. @Zarathustra who would have advised them to open their windows to get some fresh air and vitamin D to get rid of this "flu." The weather in Lima is 20 °C with 72% humidity, by the way.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Meanwhile, people in the Peruvian jungle are getting infected with covid and dying in staggering numbers. They probably forgot to consult Dr. @Zarathustra who would have advised them to open their windows to get some fresh air and vitamin D to get rid of this "flu." The weather in Lima is 20 °C with 72% humidity, by the way.

Amazing. Dr. Bloomie just realized that the homo sapiens in the jungle is not (yet) immune against flu viruses of the homo oeconomicus, where the panic virus is more destructive than all flu viruses combined.

Dr. Bloomie shouldn't have been listening to charlatans. He should listen to scientists who understand complex systems and who's predictions have been accurate.

MICHAEL LEVITT, Professor of Structural Biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, and winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for “the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems.

I think the policy of herd immunity is the right policy. I think Britain was on exactly the right track before they were fed wrong numbers. And they made a huge mistake. I see the standout winners as Germany and Sweden. They didn’t practise too much lockdown and they got enough people sick to get some herd immunity. I see the standout losers as countries like Austria, Australia and Israel that had very strict lockdown but didn’t have many cases. They have damaged their economies, caused massive social damage, damaged the educational year of their children, but not obtained any herd immunity.

“There is no doubt in my mind, that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor.

I think this is another foul-up on the part of the baby boomers. I am a real baby boomer — I was born in 1947, I am almost 73 years old — but I think we’ve really screwed up. We’ve caused pollution, we’ve allowed the world’s population to increase threefold in my lifetime, we’ve caused the problems of global warming and now we’ve left your generation with a real mess in order to save a relatively small number of very old people.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
May 14 there was a short news story on NRK (Norwegian "BBC") about a lab where they had started doing tests for antibodies. 7% of the tested was positive (44 of 629). They said they were going to do 300 new tests per day, but none of the media has followed up on this testing the last 12 days.

Meanwhile, the Norwegian health authorities have lowered (!) their estimate of infected people in Norway from 1% to 0,6% based on a French model. As if almost none have been exposed yet, contradicting the classic flu-curve we have seen in hospitalizations and deaths with a peak on March 27.

It seems like someone has an agenda, and it really pisses me off.

Here is the news story that was suddenly forgotten:

Reactions: Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

In Brazil, a study conducted in the city of São Paulo found that 72% of institutionalized older adults and 43.8% of older people attending outpatient clinics showed lower levels of vitamin D3 than recommended, contradicting the inference that in Brazil the population is vitamin D-replete due to the high degree of insolation3.

Post automatically merged:

Yes! So much for herd immunity in Sweden!
Without a lockdown, Swedens daily death cases collapsed by 87 percent.
Which is the opposite of the exponential growth that had been predicted by Dr. Bloomie's virologists and epidemiologists. How is this possible without herd immunity, Dr. Bloomie? How do those charlatans explain those numbers now?

With Vitamin D deficiency, your chance to die is orders of magnitude higher. In Japan and Norway, they don't die, with or without lockdown. They eat fat fish, hence no Vitamin D problems in winter times. Surprisingly the pharma doctors are not interested in the obvious. They prefer to promote a criminal stay home idiocy.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
The saddest thing is that now, almost half a year after your comment, the situation is the same. People refusing to wear masks, saying lockdowns are senseless, propagating conspiracy theories that governments just want us to panic. I can't even be angry any more, I'm just tired of how pointless these claims are.
Sad that you can't realise that non-masked/non-lockdown Sweden is the winner.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
slot machines simulators are garbage tan4ick44

If vaccine companies aren't liable for the outcome of injecting me; I'm not going to take a shot from them.

Niner

Feb 29, 2016
The government and mainstream news articles have proven to be an unreliable source of information. There's a need to look at hard science and draw conclusions from it. Hard science, by the way, is not what pharmaceutical companies and governments do and they have a big incentive to not do it. Much of what gets published in so-called peer-reviewed science journals is clearly fraudulent as the young lady in this video describes.

English:

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/the-final-refutal-of-virology_qI429ODGLmoRotN.html

Russian:

https://rumble.com/vhlewv-29552575.html

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
If you don't want to take precautions to protect the at-risk population, then why should society protect you from your weaknesses?

CryptoStar19

Jun 11, 2021
Covid era has changed the world. For crypto it has been a positive factor as it has brought a lot of people into the space (day trading) that would have otherwise not entered.