Strategy for removing chain-split risks for Bitcoin Unlimited.

Laren Mortensen

Mar 17, 2017
I don't currently have the resources to implement a buip myself. I am a programmer, but I don't have C++ experience (I have C#, Java, Perl). I guess I should start learning C++ and learn the BU code base.

I don't see my system as urgently needed. Andrew Stone already did a good explanation of how BU will cope with a median attack here: https://medium.com/@g.andrew.stone/the-median-eb-attack-against-bu-explained-daeadc3b43ba#.kor2b9o00 . I just see my proposal as a more ideal way to go in the future.

If anyone else wants to take my idea and implement it, just let me know and be my guest. In the meantime, I have a lot of studying to do.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I read your proposal (on Reddit actually) and found it very interesting. Nice to have you contribute it to the discussion on making EC safer.

Definitely something that could eventually be implemented in BU.

There is no strict requirement to implement a BUIP by yourself (in the sense of programming it). BU developers would assist.

If you are not a member yet, you can still submit one based on the template. It doesn't have to be perfect, we work on it in discussion. You will find several BUIP examples in the forum, one recent external one here.

Once you submit a BUIP as a non-member, an existing member would need to sponsor it for it to be voted on. This should not be any problem based on the high quality of your proposal.

If deemed important to BU and technically complete enough to go ahead with implementation, the BUIP would be put to a vote, and if accepted according to the rules, it would be implemented.