Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Jaded much:
I'm guessing they wouldn't be asking for Bitcoin if the NSA had an exploit against the crypto in Bitcoin unless the poster above is right. At least that is reassuring. Either a scam by NSA, or otherwise maybe we'd see the a DAO-style hard fork played out on a slightly bigger scale :)

Never a dull moment.

Reactions: majamalu

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015

Interesting. Regardless of what you think of his ideas, you can't deny that Bell is intelligent and technically savvy. However, he dismissed Bitcoin back in 2011 "because nobody would spend a deflationary currency".

Nerds do not understand what they have created, as chypherdoc used to say.

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
That inflation is essential is about the biggest and most oft-repeated lie there has ever been. We can perhaps forgive people for believing it. Less so for continuing to believe it when confronted with the truth.

Critical thinking is not about knowing the truth of things but being able to evaluate the alternatives when new information arrives in your purview.

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
That inflation is essential is about the biggest and most oft-repeated lie there has ever been.
It is true that inflation is essential for our monetary system to work.

The lie the omission of the fact that the purpose of the monetary system is to allow a small group of insiders to harvest the productivity of the rest of the population.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
To everyone here, incl. @Bloomie:

I've just had some New Members whom I don't know approach me by inviting me into a personal, money-related conversation.

I felt very uneasy about this (3 New Members inviting myself and another longer-time member here), this being a topic which I am unable to give financial advice on, and so I just left the conversation.

I would encourage you all to do the same if this happens to you. It honestly felt like some kind of entrapment attempt, but perhaps I'm just overly paranoid today.

Take care, and stay safe.

Here is the topic of discussion, in case anyone can give general advice while these New Members learn how to open a public thread.

Hi everyone,
I currently have some money tied up in Payeer and they have stopped allowing wire transfers. I have an option to convert the money to bitcoins.
I have never done this before please could you give me some advice? I just need to use the bitcoins to get the money back into my bank account.
Thanks is advance.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@freetrader
Yes, it's probably entrapment. I have also experienced it here once (and published it over (too) many pages).
You are probably a target of the Blockstream Borg.

Because you like and work with implementing the crazy idea of an alternative open source computer program to another.

I wonder if @Peter Tschipper , @theZerg , @Peter R , @cypherdoc @Gavin Andresen and a lot of other, good people (don't hate me if I forgot you on this list) have this experience. I guess they have.

After I was actively debating nullc and midmagic, I was thrown out of reddit. Multiple times. They spend a lot of energy on this. They have a lot of fiat. And I also got 3 lame email hacker attacks. The last one let me know that midmagic, or someone he cooperates with, was behind it. But they are so fucking stupid, their "social engeneering" is born to die, he he ;)

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
And I also got 3 lame email hacker attacks. The last one let me know that midmagic, or someone he cooperates with, was behind it. But they are so fucking stupid, their "social engeneering" is born to die, he he ;)
Yikes, what did that look like (i.e,. how did it reveal a connection to midmagic)?

@freetrader - Thanks for the heads up. I've never used Payeer (not even sure I've heard of them before your post), but I found this thread - it might be useful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386602.0. This too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=204135;sa=showPosts

Reactions: xhiggy and Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cliff
One was a generic Microsoft mail, one was a generic Skype mail. I don't get much spam because of my filter. And I almost allways know why I get spam, the few times I get it.

The revealing one to midmagic was... well, I know that kid is reading this thread on a regulary basis, so I'm not going to tell why.

I want them to try harder, spend more resources, and fail ;)

EDIT: Maybe I'll say why and how later later.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cliff thanks.

These attacks are not Nigeria Prince-mails. They are sent to a singular person.

When was the last time you saw a CTO of a multi million dollar company engage in public debate like Greg Maxwell do? Well, never, right? Because his job is not to develop code. It's all propaganda. And his presence shows that they are desperate.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's fact! It's a fact that AXA is a major investor in Blockstream. It's a fact that the CEO is the leader of the Bilderberger shit.

It's not a theory. And if they need too... ...they could pay 5000 people to protect their system on reddit and here ;)

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Yeah, there's a line where I think 'defense technology' ceases to be what it says, if you use it to 'project force' by parking a carrier group off someone's country across the globe.

Then again, nothing is black and white.

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
@cliff thanks.

These attacks are not Nigeria Prince-mails. They are sent to a singular person.

When was the last time you saw a CTO of a multi million dollar company engage in public debate like Greg Maxwell do? Well, never, right? Because his job is not to develop code. It's all propaganda. And his presence shows that they are desperate.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's fact! It's a fact that AXA is a major investor in Blockstream. It's a fact that the CEO is the leader of the Bilderberger shit.

It's not a theory. And if they need too... ...they could pay 5000 people to protect their system on reddit and here ;)
@Norway - I'm the last person you need to convince that truth can be stranger than fiction.

Reactions: Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I'm excited about the initial BTC Fork roadmap proposal that is emerging from the rather organic processes started on /r/btcfork and that have spread like wildfire since.

Someone on Reddit told me the other day that he would like me to post in a more serious, matter-of-fact tone about these matters, to which I replied "I'll try but can't promise to satisfy everyone". Well, that still stands.

With that said, I entreat you to offer your esteemed opinions on this roadmap, and to take part in shaping it. It belongs to all (CC-BY-SA).

https://github.com/BTCfork/BTC-Forks-Roadmap/blob/master/Proposals/BTC Forks Roadmap Proposal.md

Tell us how we can improve it, or better yet, help directly to contribute if you feel like getting your hands a bit dirty.

If someone calls me selfish for doing such a post, I plead guilty, it must be in my damn genes, and I sure as hell can't blame Satoshi for *that*.

I have to sneak in a plug for our Meme Research Lab at this juncture, where you might have already discovered this information, in which case I do apologize for the cross-posty nature of this bulletin.
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/meme-research-lab.1263/#post-27338

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@Peter Tschipper : absolutely, people have been getting strange emails and amid posts like these everyone should exercise a little extra caution AFAIC:

Oh, typical /u/10mmauto, deleted all his accusatory comments in that thread. I'll leave this post stand.

BTW I think he might be exploiting Reddit forum features on subs with default CSS where subtrees of deleted nodes are collapsed earlier - this is just a suspicion based on how the thread was rendered to me, I didn't look at the CSS.

But I don't buy the "I am OCD about deleting my stuff" line he took in that conversation.

Last edited: