cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
[doublepost=1465050296][/doublepost]
@Peter R

ROTFL

fwiw I used the exact same idiom while reporting initial result to @solex
locked!
[doublepost=1465050546][/doublepost]
However, the eth:usd price is almost static, and, still near to ATH in dollar levels.

I will probably trickle a few more of my trading btc stash into eth as the price rises towards magic resistance levels. The reason being at some point the price will dump down and eth is likely to soak up some of that speculative value. The other being that eventually bitcoin will begin to lift the alts as the MSM start blaring that bitcoin really isn't as dead as once thought :)

But bitcoin is looking good indeed, still rallying in stealth mode. No doubt remaining that we have emphatically broken out of that massive flag to the upside. Cold storage should be left alone in case of moon shot later this year. We could have a similar pattern to 2013, with two rallies, the first we are experiencing now (and not quite believing) with another coming later in the year requiring new lunar apparel and matching vacuum-proof footwear as the ATH is bested.
whatever. just be careful with over-trading. that's how you get whipsawed and left behind. jratcliff had a post recently bemoaning the fact that he's missed this whole latest ramp in his GBTC retirement acct b/c he was getting skeptical too. he lost a significant amt of money but then jumped back in after the ramp based on a more bullish rationalization. ugghhh.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu and Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
LOL - I've never seen a locked post on Reddit. Didn't even know it had that feature.

@Peter R :
Science is banned!
Welcome aboard the HMS BS.

Please ensure that you have left your critical thinking faculties ashore.

Tonight's program will feature a rehearsal of deckchair rearrangement.

FYI: the Freewinds is Scientology's Sea Org vessel.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
what is HMS BS? BS for Blocktream, i presume.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Part 3 of 5:

https://medium.com/@peter_r/towards-massive-on-chain-scaling-block-propagation-results-with-xthin-792a752c14c2

Xthin blocks cut through the Great Firewall of China like a hot knife through butter.
... but NOT through the Great Firewall of Blockstream/Core/Thermos' totalitarian propaganda channel!
[doublepost=1465054332][/doublepost]
Bull shit, belief system, block size, BlockStream..
BlockStream and BullShit is a tautology.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
The overriding principle, is that if there is any significant dispute over the rules, the existing rules must prevail.
Of course, if 51% disagree with you, they can override that anyway.

It's like trying to bargain with gravity...
[doublepost=1465058800][/doublepost]
there's alot to be learned here:
A foreign language for one.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
The entire internet and most of the technological revolution is based on the concept of "permissionless" innovation. If every web page had to get permission from 95% of the telecom companies to exist, we'd have about 20 web sites -- Sears, Walmart, etc. You seem to have no understanding or knowledge of the history of innovation and progress in the world.

Advocating 95% buy-in for a change, and expecting Bitcoin to remain relevant, is basically pasting a sign labelled "clueless" right on the center of your forehead.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
/u/nullc still defending the exposure of one's public keys on bitcoinocrazy. i believe, knowing his level of paranoia about all things Bitcoin, that he truly doesn't believe this. but b/c he desperately wants to be able to point to anything that supports his financial confliction, he makes an exception in this case at others expense:

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I'm against SW soft fork because the SF mechanism is very dangerous, but I STILL think if you can get a good 66% (2/3rds) "for" it, then Bitcoin should adopt it. Because I may be wrong... and because change is better than stagnation

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@theZerg

that's why i'd support a+b<=4MB as a start.

Reactions: theZerg and Norway