Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
That article on the self-appointed cypherpunks w/ the brilliant brilliant cartoon really reinforced my overall impression that Satoshi had the inspiration to come up with a creative practical solution to a problem that was eluding them, and now because they happen to have been hanging out on the same mailing list that Satoshi publicized his work, they deserve to be in charge of everything. Literally failing upwards.

I used to hang out in places where a few people here and there became pretty successful professional recording artists. That doesn't mean I should be in charge of the music business.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Who is this dumbass?

We have to remain vigilant. The inflationists have been talking for a while now in more subtle ways than this through core dev:

https://medium.com/@rextar4444/a-finger-trap-for-central-banks-and-governments-bitcoins-dilemma-is-a-false-one-576741bc0c1e#.h06hfveju

"Bitcoin needn’t be inflationary free in order become relevant in this world. Nash is very explicate in pointing out that simply knowing the future schedule of a money allows contracts to be adjusted in relation to it."

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Gold UP.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Who is this dumbass?

We have to remain vigilant. The inflationists have been talking for a while now in more subtle ways than this through core dev:

https://medium.com/@rextar4444/a-finger-trap-for-central-banks-and-governments-bitcoins-dilemma-is-a-false-one-576741bc0c1e#.h06hfveju

"Bitcoin needn’t be inflationary free in order become relevant in this world. Nash is very explicate in pointing out that simply knowing the future schedule of a money allows contracts to be adjusted in relation to it."
and look

" the 1mb block size Satoshi left us with "

"I don’t think the nature of bitcoin in relation the block size is in danger of being changed. I think Satoshi’s conjecture will always hold."

as if to say Satoshi was a small blocker. thats not true, Satoshi was a big blocker.
[doublepost=1461947946][/doublepost]
bitcoin collapsing?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
rextar4444~brg444? both from Canada?

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Who is this dumbass?

I may be stupid, but it was not clear to me whether the writer is a smallblockist and if he is an inflationist.

Anyway, the answer is that A; the blocksize does nothing for value of bitcoin directly, and B; a predictable inflation is possible (does not make the money unsound), but unnecessary.

Anyway, B will never happen, because if tried, we will have an immediate blockchain fork, and the noninflationary fork will persevere, even if most miners support the inflationary fork initially.

Reactions: bluemoon

albin

Nov 8, 2015
I'm convinced that these people don't know jack about what fungibility actually means, they're just parroting Adam Back's terminology, and applying homomorphic encryption to blind tx amounts has basically been the lever by which Back has taken control. This was the rationale behind sidechains existing in the first place, and Back's original concern-troll talking point to portray himself artificially as some kind of ideological defender of Bitcoin's values.

It isn't just a technical problem, it's a legal principle. Even with cryptographically-perfect privacy, a government can require AML/KYC on every single legally-operating intermediary on every transaction and re-create their own chains of custody.

The issue in question is the applicability of the principle behind Crawfurd v. The Royal Bank to cryptocurrency, which is not something that can be solved entirely technologically.
[doublepost=1461968181][/doublepost]And it gets even crazier:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4h1s7z/anticoinbase_fud_has_infiltrated_even_the/

Somebody is trying to re-write what fungibility means to highlight Coinbase and Bitcoin. How crazy is that?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@albin : that Wikipedia editing is pretty crazy. The entire truthvoice article linked to in that entry does not even mention the term 'fungibility' once. Nothing to do with the subject really. :rolleyes:
AFAICS the user who added that is on a Dash-related editing spree though. So I think it's just to make Bitcoin look worse in comparison.

Reactions: AdrianX

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
All my arguments against Core have been because of the short-term damage they are inflicting. In antifragility we know short-term damage actually makes a system stronger in the long run and should be welcomed as a training challenge. Yet we are part of that system, hence we fight to build that strength, that immunity.

Unfortunately, in the thick of battle, many people lose sight of the big picture of antifragility and start to imagine that since we are fighting an attempt to take the seat of control of Bitcoin, that Bitcoin therefore has a seat of control. The focus on personalities lets us easily fall back into thinking things like, "If only our guy was in control." At that moment we have lost sight of decentralization. With that trick pulled, Core has successfully created another weak hand, or shown a strong hand to be a weak hand who never really understood Bitcoin.

The bar for understanding will only get higher. Most people in this space will lose money (the Dictum of Cypherdoc).