Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
If there's anybody [...]
Agent #1: Sir, our sentiment analysis has detected that Agent Todd's popularity is waning. We need to do something about it.
Office Chief: How about we create a website for him?
Agent #1: We've already run that simulation. It would only create more ridicule at this point.
Office Chief: Well, we just had him expose one of our own fake plots against Bitcoin. It'll take some time to come up with the next smokescreen.
Agent #1: I've got a genius idea. How about he says been contacted by some shady government agency doing sentiment analysis, and that he rebuffed them. That'll boost his standing among those cryptoanarchists. They won't suspect a thing.
Office Chief: I like it. Call him up.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Agent #1: Sir, our sentiment analysis has detected that Agent Todd's popularity is waning. We need to do something about it.
Office Chief: How about we create a website for him?
Agent #1: We've already run that simulation. It would only create more ridicule at this point.
Office Chief: Well, we just had him expose one of our own fake plots against Bitcoin. It'll take some time to come up with the next smokescreen.
Agent #1: I've got a genius idea. How about he says been contacted by some shady government agency doing sentiment analysis, and that he rebuffed them. That'll boost his standing among those cryptoanarchists. They won't suspect a thing.
Office Chief: I like it. Call him up.
lol!

Reactions: freetrader

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
that will never work because,

what if the majority of miners are evil, and...
[doublepost=1461602724][/doublepost]someone in the audience is asking a question:
"What if a few miners get together and mine a really big block full of...."

Peter Todd thinks: " Wow this guys knows what he's talking about, i like this guy, who is this guy!?"

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Reactions: Norway

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Anyone with their finger on the pulse of world economics care to comment on the new yuan?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-says-no-dollars-for-new-yuan/5520618
It smells like unfounded rumors. I don't believe in the gold backing. It is counter to what they are doing, massive debt creation and sometimes bailing out companies. They just proclaimed a soft pegging to a basket of eastern trading partners' currencies. To make IMF happy, they must unpeg rather than peg. And they already have two currencies, the CNY and the CNH. They really need just one, free floating, printable fiat.

I don't believe in pegging anyway. It lasts only until market pressure drive them crazy. Gold pegging last until the gold starts flowing out of the central bank.

We could want gold pegging, or even better: gold as money, and even even better better, bitcoin: free market, hard money for the world. But we will not get any of those from a central bank.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
It smells like unfounded rumors. I don't believe in the gold backing. It is counter to what they are doing, massive debt creation and sometimes bailing out companies. They just proclaimed a soft pegging to a basket of eastern trading partners' currencies. To make IMF happy, they must unpeg rather than peg. And they already have two currencies, the CNY and the CNH. They really need just one, free floating, printable fiat.

I don't believe in pegging anyway. It lasts only until market pressure drive them crazy. Gold pegging last until the gold starts flowing out of the central bank.

We could want gold pegging, or even better: gold as money, and even even better better, bitcoin: free market, hard money for the world. But we will not get any of those from a central bank.
Wise words here.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
the truth comes out:

[doublepost=1461615210][/doublepost]how fun:

[doublepost=1461615858,1461614898][/doublepost]don't forget; every previous significant rally has been a 10x.

don't fight the tape.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
archive poll:

[doublepost=1461621990][/doublepost]see new poll above.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
sorry. had to reset poll. had the wrong baseline.

please revote.

dwaltrip

Dec 19, 2015
I don't think it's a clear break up until the price holds firm above $500 for a few weeks. This push could be just toying with the upper edge of the sideways range of motion that we've seen since last fall.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I think a bull run will attract a lot of attention and increase the number of transactions per second. Blocks get full, transactions get stuck in mempool. Price will crash.

EDIT: Thank you, Blockstream.