Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@cypherdoc great post I think you should post it to Reddit (I like your ending
Banks depend on being able to create new money, debt and credit. Other businesses such as Western Union and Visa depend on charging fees for things that bitcoin does for free. If people prefer bitcoin to government currency for some transactions both of these business models will be less profitable.
The prize is global fiat.

Reactions: solex

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
"The prize is global fiat."

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
here's one positive way to look at the declining volume:

Bitcoin's rising legitimacy
While bitcoin's relative price stability has been helping generate visibility for ether, several market experts asserted that this lack of volatility could help bitcoin garner greater legitimacy.

"Up to a year ago, the volatility of bitcoin was a huge topic," Tim Enneking, chairman of Crypto Currency Fund, a digital currency-focused hedge fund, told CoinDesk. He added that, "If you take a step back and look at bitcoin from a lifecycle standpoint, the currency is experiencing record-setting stability."

Enneking said:

"If you look back at certain of the criticisms which some have levied against bitcoin as a currency, one was that it was too unstable."

If that argument carries water, “bitcoin is coming closer to being considered a legitimate currency," he said.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-bore-traders/

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Interesting.

Reminds me of something Andreas said about the etherium hype, how now for the first time we are seeing the money flowing into the space and instead of cashing out it is flowing between different cryptos. Seems if this argument is true, then we should see nice boost in the next few days???

Reactions: majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Interesting.

Reminds me of something Andreas said about the etherium hype, how now for the first time we are seeing the money flowing into the space and instead of cashing out it is flowing between different cryptos. Seems if this argument is true, then we should see nice boost in the next few days???

If I was one of the altcoin hedgers, I'd be seriously concerned that the pump and dump is over; simply because Bitcoins large triangle is coming to an end.

Reactions: 8up

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
looks ominous:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Andreas in Mastering Bitcoin:

Scripting Language
The bitcoin transaction script language, called Script, is a Forth-like reverse-polish notation stack-based execution language. If that sounds like gibberish, you probably haven’t studied 1960’s programming languages. Script is a very simple language that was designed to be limited in scope and executable on a range of hardware, perhaps as simple as an embedded device, such as a handheld calculator. It requires minimal processing and cannot do many of the fancy things modern programming languages can do. In the case of programmable money, that is a deliberate security feature.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
The latest meme seems to be let's get behind Core and band together, accept that LN/segwit first then possible hard fork later is acceptable because whilst it may not be what everyone wants we all want to scale bitcoin.

They are very careful on /r/bitcoin to keep saying possible with regards to hard fork. Such a bunch of dishonest f*ckers.