Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Well you got BCH for that. I got BSV for my vision
You had me wrong too. Eating the internet is a sub-network of the money network, first, we exchange value, when we have some semblance of value we can trade information. There are networks within networks, they are all nested but inevitably feed each other resulting in the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. My observation is BSV's hegemony is putting the cart before the horse by focusing on data.

It may or may not be the correct thing to do. But given the "immense damage" caused by mistakes of the past, I'm more inclined to think they're not smart enough to realize that.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
'dont rekt yourself too hard in the public eye trying to amass patents' -soon tzu

'12 floridamen might not care if you have aspergers depending on how much bullshit you tell the court' -soon tzu

• Haha
Reactions: 79b79aa8

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
I think anyone that thinks along the lines of "Bitcoin should do this", or "Bitcoin shouldn't do that" is probably falling into the trap of thinking that someone should, or even can, decide what Bitcoin does at all.

BSV isn't focusing on anything. Some people might be focusing on using BSV for some things other people are focusing on using BSV for other things. Whether you think that is bad idea, or I think that is a good idea is irrelevant. BSV exists and can be used for those things. Miners might change parameters that then enable other use cases. All the while value is being exchanged, and I don't see that particular use case being compromised at all by any of the other things happening. On the contrary the rise in use (for whatever reason) contributes to the reduction in cost of this basic exchange of value function. (0.5 sat/byte and falling).

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
it's down to 0.25 sat/byte

if the competitive environment warrants it and without other adjustments, miners could keep dropping this all the way down to ~0.001 sat / byte (1 satoshi per smallest possible standard txn, which is somewhere around 100 bytes).

a few orders of magnitude of elbow room.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
Pretty much waiting for everything to pan out at moment. Yes I have very little interest (for quite some time now) any any “crypto” other than Bitcoin (BSV)

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
It seems to me all crypto projects are moving in their own directions, basically, they all expelled anyone who gives critical feedback, now each project is its one circle jerk. It's not that anyone has a winning strategy, my take is we're just waiting to see some tangible benefit and market adoption.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
My my, times are changing. (open in an incognito window if you don't have a Bloomberg subscription)

1. This article: $7 Trillion Worth of Stocks Are Exposed to Crypto Risks.

2. This one SEC Set to Allow Bitcoin [BTC] Futures ETFs as Deadline Looms

3. And finally what's behind this wave of interest: NB. it's being fueled by the FED, not the demand to fix the system with sound money. Summarised it's people speculating or capital gains in search of yield to keep up with inflation. They are abandoning traditional assets, taking on extra risk filing the crypto Ponzi.

The sad thing for me is BSV the one bitcoin that can actually solve this problem, and it is full-on presenting itself as a "digital asset" aka SoV and trying to attract gaming companies as a decentralized data platform and in so doing it has abandoned the one needed application niche, sound money. Early Bitcoin investors saw this niche and the need for a P2P Digital Cash System as an opportunity.

The very sad truth is the only Team going after that is Bitcoin ABC, and they're as corrupted as the existing hegemony taking 8% of all mining revenue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79b79aa8

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I don't come by much anymore... but when I do its to hear @cypherdoc say...

(I hope you all are still holding some BTC)

Reactions: AdrianX

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
The sad thing for me is BSV the one bitcoin that can actually solve this problem, and it is full-on presenting itself as a "digital asset" aka SoV and trying to attract gaming companies as a decentralized data platform and in so doing it has abandoned the one needed application niche, sound money. Early Bitcoin investors saw this niche and the need for a P2P Digital Cash System as an opportunity.

The very sad truth is the only Team going after that is Bitcoin ABC, and they're as corrupted as the existing hegemony taking 8% of all mining revenue.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime. Because of that, I wanted to design it to support every possible transaction type I could think of. The problem was, each thing required special support code and data fields whether it was used or not, and only covered one special case at a time. It would have been an explosion of special cases. The solution was script, which generalizes the problem so transacting parties can describe their transaction as a predicate that the node network evaluates."
Post automatically merged:

I don't come by much anymore... but when I do its to hear @cypherdoc say...

(I hope you all are still holding some BTC)
No I don't. Zero BTC, zero BCH) I diversified into ETH, Polkadot, Solana and Polygon, which just today kicked BCH out of the top 20. I would sell BSV only if it turns out that CSW is NOT Satoshi.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgbett and 79b79aa8

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in

...and just like that BTC became the abusive parent. The debt-based monetary system Bitcoin was suited to replace has now been co-opted as BTC and Blockstream. We're right back where we started 🙄 .

Issuing bonds to create money, what could go wrong this time?

Who predicted this would happen over 6 years ago? Pages and pages of banter in this thread predicting this exact outcome fake BTC for real now.

Reactions: sgbett

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
[snip]

...and just like that BTC became the abusive parent. The debt-based monetary system Bitcoin was suited to replace has now been co-opted as BTC and Blockstream. We're right back where we started 🙄 .

Issuing bonds to create money, what could go wrong this time?

Who predicted this would happen over 6 years ago? Pages and pages of banter in this thread predicting this exact outcome fake BTC for real now.
Yeah, but it's El Salvador. They'll have a different government before you can sing "Party in the CIA"