Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Results of the June 2020 BU vote

Thanks very much to all members who voted!

key: for:against:abstentions
The result is from the voting system.

BUIP141: REJECTED 3:11:3
BUIP147: PASSED 14:2:2
BUIP148: PASSED 14:4:0

Quorum 28/2 (14) met with 50% turnout on all BUIPs.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
VOTING IS CLOSED for BUIP141 BUIP147 BUIP148
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL
IEp9oLZQ7jryKX9R4srvJCf8IS7tJc6pSD/PevIj3KL4T9ByC8vsKmHJ8lVBdxM8uitCuppl5vhCf/2zNgRbU6M=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The voting results show a clear picture about where the BU members stand.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
the official BU spokesperson did not even deign to respond to BU member @torusJKL's question about past accountability in regards to a BUIP in which the spokesperson was asking for more money. he got the money anyway.

the BU lead dev did belatedly respond to another question torus raised. BU will pay to develop protocol-changing solutions to perceived issues in case it ever gets to have power to implement them on BCH. in the meantime it's good research. and a backup for that expected future in which BTC, BSV and ABC all keel over.

meanwhile ABC devs will most likely continue to look for ways to divert BCH coinbase to themselves. if this happens BU is committed to fork off.

BU devs don't need to try and alter the bitcoin incentive model in order to get paid, they can apply for BU funds. except their work can't get past ABC.

imagine trying to move bitcoin forward and being saddled with séchet's priorities and vetoes, and BU's lackluster labcoin mentality.

BSV was absolutely right to split.

*e: typo.

Last edited:

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
the BU lead dev did belatedly respond to another question torus raised. BU will pay to develop protocol-changing solutions to perceived issues in case it ever gets to have power to implement them on BCH. in the meantime it's good research. and a backup for that expected future in which BTC, BSV and ABC all keel over.
To be clear, 147 was not money for bobtail. That was already funded in 131. The funds from 147 and 131 do not overlap in that sense.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@AdrianX

@murphsicles is a known liar and scammer. He mixes truth with lies. He was involved in Bitconnect and had a fake Bitcoin SV node (a GitHub fork of nChain's node) called Asynx (he owned the domain asynx.io). He claimed that his node had a lot more capacity than the Bitcoin SV node and that he had parallelized the software which was a lie.

In this tweet, he takes some facts (Parabellum being involved in the Wright/Kleiman case) and lies when he says he knows Blockstream is funding this. It is possible that they do, but he has no inside knowledge or evidence for this.

When asked about proof, he says it's too much to make a tweet about.

You should really assume that this guy is always lying.

Sorry for being a pedant but at the risk sounding like craig police, you apoliged to ver et al, but Craig...

Post automatically merged:

well fuck me if that isn't 100% then what is!!!
Post automatically merged:

Basically waiting for @cypherdoc to reply so I can drag (him/her) into this ;p
Maybe it was a bit too much, but not too unfair.

About bu... Since 2016 bu was a grassroots resistance for big block bitcoin. The Andrews and Peters and Andrea spent a lot of time and energy without being paid for a very good thing. Bu was also a community project, but with depreciating bsv support, this is gone, unfortunately.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
BU has an identity crisis.
It was always a strong opponent proponent of larger blocks and very early on implemented emergent consensus.

But BCH again limits the block size and again went back to developer defined limits.
BU's emergent consensus has no say in this model.

So in order to keep some relevance in the space BU has started to create all these side projects that would eventually, should the block size be enlarged by the ABC devs, be of value (if no veto comes from ABC).

The community does not seem to be interested in these science projects.
The number of BU members has been going down for some time and we had multiple voting rounds without a single new member applying.

Not only has BU lost its relevance in the BCH space (besides being a cash cow) it is also hated for non-consensus changes.
e.g. the unconfirmed parents limit.
BU presented a great solution but instead of it being accepted by the other node software BU became a target of hate because this change made double spend easier while only BU was using the improved code.
As far as I know BU did not even get the price money from Satoshi's Dice.

The one chain where BU could excel and show its strong side is BSV.
But most members and officers can't acknowledge this because they have Craig Derangement Syndrom (CDS).

edit: typo

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
It was always a strong opponent of larger blocks
do you mean proponent?

sad to say torus, but for me at least it's probably time to let go. if someone rejoices over that (though i doubt anyone cares) the victory is pyrrhic -- the project is moribund. i have tried to engage in the most reasonable way with BCH-aligned BU members, with one of two results (i) indifference and silence or (ii) skepticism and suspicion. when it is (ii), my points are not even read carefully, it seems to be assumed i am pushing something malicious because BSV.

meanwhile these are the people who are hanging on to BU hoping to get money while oblivious to the realities of the market. people stuck in 2015 making bullshit videos stating "members are the rockstars of BU" while publicly disparaging BU members' reasoned views about the future of the bitcoin blockchain or ignoring questions by other members with respect to how allocated funds were spent. thinking that a puny social media marketing campaign is going to make a difference, drive global adoption, turn the tide to a world in which fiat is replaced by BCH. or something.

@Norway had to endure much worse. he was chased out of BU without being given the benefit of a discussion of his technical claims. in which he was right. just solzhenitsyian silence -- the kind of thing that drives anyone mad. cheers stein! -we saw what happened.
The one chain where BU could excel and show its strong side is BSV.
But most members and officers can't acknowledge this because they have Craig Derangement Syndrom (CDS).
BCH is in alpha. BSV is in production. this is fact. best to argue over facts, not people.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
bitcoiners!
play your part in ensuring the stability of world finance!
for the low sale price of $749* you can pre-order your kit to download the BTC blockchain from space.

(*BTC not accepted. delivery date TBA.)

decentralize everything!

if that is not innovation enough, blockstream will also sell you high tech stickers and apparel.

• Haha
Reactions: bitsko and Norway

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I think I understand the futility you express in being a BU member; I get the impression the majority of time BCHBU spends talking about BSVBU is to rehash why there are hangers on, and that it is unfortunate they hang on lol.

Reactions: Norway and 79b79aa8

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
sad to say torus, but for me at least it's probably time to let go.
I can understand your frustration.
It looks like we are approx. 4 members left that don't think the current course BU has taken will yield much results.

But hope dies last and maybe in 2-3 years the landscape has changed sufficiently for BU to come around.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
oh Blockstream; and Greg:

... And Twitter fact checks the president, while Joe Biden doesn't seem like a serious challenge for him. Don't know much about us politics, just an impression.

Wanted to share this

And this

Google scholar alert for bitcoin have become very boring. They are either about ai price prediction or how lightning network fails.

This time two studies. Together they say: lightning is unreliable, but centralized.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Google scholar alert for bitcoin have become very boring. They are either about ai price prediction or how lightning network fails.

This time two studies. Together they say: lightning is unreliable, but centralized.
It's funny to see all the things we have predicted by using logical thinking with economic incentives in mind to become slowly proven by these studies.

Someone wrote a year or so ago that BTC has become an ICO for a future LN.
And with how it goes no wonder the value can't break and hold USD 10'000.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I'm not laughing

Reactions: Norway and bitsko