Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
is that all you're capable of, focusing on personalities? your "other interests" since inexplicably pulling out of BCH dev after you forked it, is clearly GCBU. i should be flattered.

Reactions: Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@Norway, do you have trouble reading my previous reply to that question?

Or do you have trouble understanding it?

I would trust the judgment of the court if the judgment displayed a regard for the facts of the case. At this time I have no reason to believe it would not.

[doublepost=1562789378][/doublepost][doublepost=1562789552][/doublepost][doublepost=1562789608][/doublepost]

Reactions: Dusty and trinoxol

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Wtf is wrong with you? spamming the hell outta this thread with tweets? you got any of your own info?

you sound desperate to focus on personalities and clearly have time to dev ABC if you deemed it important enough. apparently GCBU is your #1 priority.

Reactions: cbeast and Norway

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Woo, @cypherdoc getting testy when some facts from expert commentators about the Wright case are dropped in here.

What's up with that, doc - too much information for you? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Richy_T

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@freetrader
I repeated the question from @trinoxol because you didn't really answer his question the first time.

And you avoided the question a second time when you answered me by bombing the thread with tweets.

So I have to assume that you will not accept the judgment of the court if it doesn't fit your narrative.

Reactions: Zarathustra

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>And you avoided the question a second time when you answered me by bombing the thread with tweets.

he refuses to acknowledge this.

Reactions: Norway

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
amazing freetrader, I havent seen any ross or arthur van pelt tweets since they blocked me in debates surrounding my support of BCH upgrade against segwit fork.

Makes me wonder what's brg444 or midnightmagic up to? Thread it up buddy.
[doublepost=1562807423][/doublepost]maybe you can go a day using only adam back tweets to support all your argunents :ROFLMAO:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It's not possible to store a BIP 39 mnemonic HD key on a normal Rubik's Cube.

But it's possible on a 4x4x4 Rubik's Revenge Cube.

It can be done in 19.36 seconds if your name is Feliks Zemdegs (world record holder).

The rest of us will probably stick with Cryptosteel.

And yes: I'm thinking about mechanical ways to store your seed that is simpler to use than Cryptosteel, allthough I love their product. It takes like half an hour to an hour to prepare it, but you only have to do it once in your life.

Bitcoin Cash has brought back the creative side of me in bitcoin. Bitcoin is back!

Another similar project i did 3 years ago was a way to create your BIP 39 seed with 4 special Dungeons and Dragons-dice in a plastic box with internal walls. Three D8 dice and one D4.

In addition you need this pdf I made with the table that maps the dice combo to one of the 2048 words in BIP 39. http://shludvigsen.com/dice/DiceList.pdf

And you also need this BIP 39 checksum tool a cool guy named Liam Lang made for me.
https://gist.github.com/LiamLang/5282c62808048856bfe6

Put your tinfoil hat on, use a computer with all Bluetooth and WIFI antennas ripped out and run the checksum tool before you crush the computer with a sledge hammer and distribute the broken parts on different places.

This is the safest way in the world to create a BIP 39 HD wallet. Never trust RNG's :)
When we launch KaChing cards & wearables, we should be able to give consumers a better option for physical seed backup than writing down 12 words. That's why I brought back this old post.

I don't expect consumers to solve a 4x4x4 Rubik's cube. But I think there is a solution in bringing more dimensions into the game.

BIP39 has a lot going for it. Every word has sort of a check sum. Even with Cryptosteel (where you only store the first 4 letters), you have a reasonable probability to recover with a few spelling mistakes.

How can a consumer store a 2048^12 number easy and safe? A lot better than BIP39.

BIP39 is not very compact. And here's the thing: If you make it more compact, the less need for checksums. Nobody have a checksum on a 4 digit PIN code. It's so simple, you don't need a checksum, right?

Think mechanical. A device.

Or something like this: Uppercase letters, numbers and a selected group of special characters written on water and fireproof "paper". Maybe it's a good idea to not exclude I,l, 1, O, 0 etc. In case of emergency/misunderstanding of writing, software can easy run through the permutations of ambiguous symbols and recover the seed. The increased entropy might be worth it.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Chilling with a beer, let's do some calculations!

I'm not presenting a result now. I'll just write it down as I think.

We need 2048^12 numbers written in a form so short that checksums are not needed, but a reasonable amount of spelling mistakes should be possible to recover in emergency situations.

Let's go crazy. Let's allow both upper and lower case, a - Z. Numbers 0-9. Then we add as many reasonable special characters as possible:
@-/&$.*?=!#%
It's not perfect, but a handful of pretty unique special characters.

(26*2) + 10 + 12 = 74 characters.

How many of these characters are needed to describe a 2048^12 number?

2048^12 = 5,44 * 10^39

74^22 = 1,33 * 10^41

22 of these characters should do. Then we have to group them in bite size portions.

20 characters could be written in 4 groups of 5 characters in each group.

Like this:
aJg6%

0hUs7

2pIvz

Hi!2h

Hmmm.. still 2 characters short, and this isn't working. BIP39 is just a lot better for handwriting. Well, it was worth a try.

Maybe you can do it better?

Last edited:
Reactions: trinoxol

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
this was predicted since the early days; if the US says "yin", Iran will say "yang":

Iran just authorized crypto mining in the country

This quick lenience towards the industry could be the product of angst from the Iranian lawmakers due to surmounting US sanctions which have been chiseling away at the local economy.

https://www.cryptopolitan.com/iran-just-authorized-crypto-mining-in-the-country/

Reactions: sgbett

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
I can understand why most people are sceptical of CSW. Until you've been through Hell, you don't know the limits of human behavior. Nobody could have made up his story and told it in the way he has unless they've been through it. Let this be a life experience for the folks that cannot see the difference between a con man and a defeated man that has picked himself back up and learned to ascend.

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
@Norway Another idea: Store fewer bits. 2048^12 is 132 bits. Maybe we can get away with far less such as 64. That data could be hashed with 1 million iterations to make brute-forcing harder. 1 million iterations are worth roughly 20 additional bits.
[doublepost=1562829597][/doublepost]
Until you've been through Hell, you don't know the limits of human behavior. ... Let this be a life experience for the folks that cannot see the difference between a con man and a defeated man that has picked himself back up and learned to ascend.
This!

Human psychology contains a large number of very strong effects. Minds can get unbalanced and extreme. Other minds do not necessarily function like your own. It is common for people to be lacking in this specific form of empathy.
[doublepost=1562829786][/doublepost]
People still misunderstanding reorgs. What specifically do they criticize? Is it just "reorg bad"?

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
The funny thing is that everybody seems to agree that Craig was Satoshi.

When I read that I recalled that dry humor (some might call it sarcasm) doesn't always transport well in writing.

But with even a small thought you'd have to acknowledge that this court case is about holding Craig to account on his claim of being Satoshi.

I think the plaintiff's lawyers would love for Craig to be Satoshi and have access to those coins, rather than have to expose layer upon layer of forgeries, ultimately to arrive at the reality which most interested observers have long grasped - Craig is not Satoshi.
[doublepost=1562843885][/doublepost]For those here who rail against anonymity and at the same time pretend to respect Law:

“Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. … It thus exemplifies the purpose behind the Bill of Rights, and of the First Amendment in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation--and their ideas from suppression--at the hand of an intolerant society. The right to remain anonymous may be abused when it shields fraudulent conduct. But political speech by its nature will sometimes have unpalatable consequences, and, in general, our society accords greater weight to the value of free speech than to the dangers of its misuse.”

That's from the Supreme Court.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/93-986.ZO.html