Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I'm really happy to see you (@theZerg) being more active in this thread like before. Both commenting and clicking "likes". Very nice!

I'd like to make a bet with you about the Teranode from nChain.

It's very difficult to formulate a bet on this issue, because definitions are vague, truth is hard to measure etc.

My solution to this, is to not make the bet with a lot of money. Let's just bet a beer!

If the Teranode is presented during the CoinGeek conference in London and it's real, you owe me a beer. If not, I owe you a beer.

Deal?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
proof of dev

Reactions: Norway and bitsko

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Appreciate that you didn't just tell me the answer. Thanks NL,

Ok. so from a brief trawl.

Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, & Pakistan.

These appear to be the only nations who have expressly banned or deemed illegal, the use/possession of digital currencies.There are many others who are clearly heavily restricting or banning institutional exchange. Nevertheless that leaves the majority of the planet, where use as cash is accepted.

There are several common statements here, that stand out.

"Not legal tender" - but thats just a diplomatic way of saying you don't have to accept it.

Several others say "not 'money' or 'currency'" @Norway knows all about this one. It strikes me as a buttcoiner response. Perhaps hinting at exactly the point i'm making. Clearly if you can buy a coffee with it, then it's currency and probably money. Why would a government issue a statement to the contrary?

Mmmm, I wonder. ?

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
As an investor, im hoping that people whom our dictator listens to can encourage moving away from the proof of work function or at least further restricting it and containing it.

If ABC is to compete in a friendly manner with ETH, people need to have an open mind as to the amount and sort of changes that need to happen in short order.

And lets not forget to update those nodes.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I'm up voting every jtoomim post I can get my hands on. he's a machine.
[doublepost=1543072550][/doublepost]BU takes a stand :

>• adding a checkpoint at height 556767 both for the SV and the BCH chain

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Oh brother

Reactions: Golarz Filip

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
>They also have a history of delivering.

also a client, a blockchain, a hashwar, 64mb block (biggest in history) with more to come.

amazing how people ignore this.
client and blockchain are hardly impressive, don't you think? Neither is the 64mb block given the circumstances it was created in and the problems that resulted from it.

The hash they put up, yes: that's impressive. Going to war with it (over what?) and how they did that (if at all): less so.

What I do find impressive is the recent rally, though.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
poor ABC cucks:

[doublepost=1543098819,1543098062][/doublepost]total lack of will and commitment aka "multicoiners":

even PoW will converge with more time:

I think Bitmain and Bitcoin-com turn into panic mode. The price crash burned their reserves and their income stream - while Calvin Ayre has a steady dollar income stream. One year ago, Bitmain / bitcoin-com would have won easily. Now it gets critical.

The hashwar is a proxy for fiat-money to overpower crypto-money. Doesn't say anything about which is the right side, just how they fund their operations.

On the other side, the hashwar is a competition of who can pull more dollar into the system.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>The hashwar is a proxy for fiat-money to overpower crypto-money.

sorry. i don't believe that for a second. what's happening is that the real Bitcoin is about to stand up and crush everything (devs) in it's way. what a headfake.

>The hashwar is a proxy for fiat-money to overpower crypto-money.

sorry. i don't believe that for a second. what's happening is that the real Bitcoin is about to stand up and crush everything (devs) in it's way. what a headfake.
Maybe. I did not say it is not. I personally think BSV is much closer to the real Bitcoin than what BCH has become in the last weeks. But the mechanism to play out in the hashwar is that the side which has a stake in fiat is in a much better position than the side that has it in crypto.

Reactions: Zarathustra

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@lunar

ABC is such an amateur shitshow. supported by a bunch of clowns in this thread.

go1111111

Can you explain how that would work for an anonymous coin?
You want to buy socks from me with an anonymous coin. I care about knowing who my users are for some reason. I say "I refuse to sell you socks until you show me your passport and send me some selfies."

You either refuse in which case you get no socks, or you comply and I send you a deposit address.

Because the coin is anonymous I don't know any of your other purchases, and no one else other than me and you know that you bought socks from me. But I do know who you are because this was part of our voluntary agreement.

poor ABC cucks:
Are you claiming that it's meaningful that SV has mined more blocks despite being behind ABC in PoW by 28%?

EDIT: your images were not showing up for me at first. It looks like your point is more about a trend you see in which ABC hash power is falling off but SV hashpower is staying strong. This point makes more sense, although one interpretation is that ABC is feeling less threatened by SV now and no longer feels the need to mine at a huge loss like SV is doing.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@go1111111

>Are you claiming that it's meaningful that SV has mined more blocks despite being behind ABC in PoW by 28%?

i absolutely am saying it's meaningful. why? firstly, ABC supporters were claiming victory just a few hours in from the fork based on a block height lead ONLY. nothing said about cumulative PoW at the time. second, for appearances sake. ABC supporters have openly said that up to today they were continually rebalancing hash power btwn the BTC and ABC chains to keep the ABC chain just ahead. you could easily see this in the hour by hour data. as SV inexplicably caught up, then the narrative changed to cumulative PoW. yet, ABC miners still kept trying to keep it's chain just ahead. today is the first indication that they are capitulating. the losses are piling up affecting Bitmain and bitcoin.com much more substantially. nChain and Coingeek came into this hashwar much better prepared financially to tough it out. Bitmain, on the verge of an IPO, is crazy to try and fight this war. of course, just like the rest of you, they never thought it would get this far.

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
The hashwar is a proxy for fiat-money to overpower crypto-money.
From observing the current Hardfork, I have a pet theory.

From a distance this seems like a failure of Nakamoto Consensus? (what if it wasn't, just something new to learn?) It occurred to me; What if there are two forms of Nakamoto Consensus, Weak and Strong (like the weak and strong nuclear forces in particle physics?)

StrongNC: Fast acting. Short Range. Where, miners immediately want to get on the winning chain, hopping from block to block and snapping into alignment with the longest PoW chain.

WeakNC: Slow acting, Long Range. A more nebulous, slow, economic, force, where miners have deliberately diverged chains. It's an economic attractor, a bit like gravity, where the side with the most stored, dedicated (honest) capital, (+free market, value variable) draws the other in, until one side capitulates, or burns themselves out trying to resist?