Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Still no possibility for a European to buy some BCC without locking in BTC and giving your personal information to ViaBTC?

I'll be hodling my cold storage for the foreseeable future on any chain that emerges, but for BCC I see a possibility for undervaluation in this time. So a good time to buy some more (has been a while since I bought BTC). Should have sold my German car manufacturers stocks for BCC a few days ago. :p

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
So we met with nChain today, I feel it was a productive meeting, It seems the visions for on-chain scaling is aligned with that of the BU members and our Articles of Federation. There seems to be a genuine insert in BU, what we stand for and the reputation we've developed, I didn't get the feeling there was any intent to direct the existing efforts but rather a willingness to help BU achieve it's mandate. @Peter R did a great job of introducing BU, how it came to be and why we do what we do, and @solex outlining that we'er a members organisation where any decisions are maid by our voting members, I see a practical mutually beneficial win win BUIP be in the works.

BCC was mentioned, I'm not sure what to make of the reaction, there wasn't much negative reaction, the concept.

My take is nChain don't have a magic bullet when it comes to growing the network of native bitcoin users, i.e. removing the 1MB limit.

If any members have questions or want to voice ideas let me know I'd be happy to discuss them in our meeting tomorrow?

some BU Member enjoying mostly Canadian beer after a meeting with nChain

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Canadian beer? where are you guys meeting? in or around montreal by any chance?

its unclear to me exactly what the focus of nChain is, but from what i read they are pro on-chain scaling. and this organization seems large and filled with very smart people.

I see a practical mutually beneficial win win BUIP be in the works.
you have our attention, a little more detail would be nice...

Reactions: Norway and majamalu

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
That photo was taken at the Vancouver waterfront, avoiding Montreal for the moment, concern that Blockstream have the place bugged. ;)

I don't know exactly what their focus is either, whatever patents they have applied for will become public knowledge over the flowing year, they did mention that they are just 1 of about 200 other companies applying for patents in the bitcoin space. CRW seemed to have a rather emphatic appreciation for bitcoin and ensuring Bitcoin can use future innovations coming out on nChain. My take is they're invested in growing bitcoin adoption and massive on chain scaling.

If you run a raspberry pi and are wanting to supporting the network my feeling is you'll need to upgrade soon or uses it as a SPV wallet.

you have our attention, a little more detail would be nice..
it's rather boring, I'll wait for the BUIP, the emphasis is in testing what most of the BU members already know, and that is we can have bigger blocks without a problem.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
it's rather boring, I'll wait for the BUIP, the emphasis is in testing what most of the BU members already know, and that is we can have bigger blocks without a problem.
this makes me think, sure 8MB limit seems like a perfectly sane limit for now.

but it would be really cool if BU nodes would dominate the network and limit the block size to say 4MB via EC, untill the blocks fill up and nodes start to up there 4MB limit.

i for one will be forsure running a BU node on the BitCash chain.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@lunar @adamstgbit
As suggested by @Fatman3002 , I made the deal with a guy with a spotless reputation in bitcoin trading for six years. He also happens to be a smallblocker, so he is the perfect counterpart for this trade.

I sent him bitcoins, and I'll just wait until after the hardfork to receive my BCC.

We used ViaBTC's future market to agree on a price.

I recomend other people to do the same trade while punishing smallblockers financially if you believe there is a good chance for Bicoin Cash to be successful,

But as suggested by @lunar , you should normally use escrow (a guy trusted by both parties to hold the coins from both parties and split the coins) in these trades.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
hmmm just a thought, if segwit breaks ascii boost and BCC does not; does this give BCC an edge in terms of hashpower, miners minning BCC will be more effective and faster because ascii boost.

Last edited:

Windowly

Dec 10, 2015
Korbit, another Korean exchange, comes out in support of Bitcoin cash. There is one other big exchange in Korea, but since they all offered ETC, I'd wager that one will also come out in support.

A big chunk of the cryptocurrency volume is in Korea, Japan, and China so even if western exchanges at first don't list BCC, they might have to eventually as it becomes more popular and valuable.

Last edited: