BUIP122: (closed) Remove Norway from membership

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Doxxing isn't exactly viewed favorably, neither in BU nor outside.
Depends on who is doing it. For example, If I were present as a real person with the real name and an anonymous slanderer would terrorize me incessantly, I would doxx that terrorist, if I could.

There is also another interpretation: the 'doxxed' one used and promoted a doxx network that doxxed himself.

TL;DR : @Norway's public act does have the potential to badly tarnish BU's reputation. At the very least I would expect a public apology to hodlonaut from him as a BU member.
Then I would also expect a public apology from @imaginary_username for spreading and multiplicating those informations.

[doublepost=1555328611][/doublepost]
Hmm, from my reading Norway posted the exact street and address of place of work of the man.

This in my opinion constitutes doxing of a person where before we didn't even know country of residence.

For clarity, you can find the exact location on, for example, openstreetmap. I've been there, its not a very large office building.

How is this not doxing?
Tom Zander is the same hypocrite as @imaginary_username, gives that 'doxxing' informations as much visibility as possible. His discussion style is also one of the most digusting ones. He doesn't talk with @Norway, @shadders and @Zarathustra, he talks about us. I have met such characters on other places.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
If people want me kicked out of BU for whatever reason, you should just vote and be done with it.
Since BU is essentially GCBU, they can't kick you out. Many of them already kicked themselves out. How can you develop and maintain a client without participating in discussion and fighting for that client?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
how many of these thinly veiled attacks on BSV, the coin, are we going to tolerate?
[doublepost=1555338791][/doublepost]or BU for that matter?

Reactions: torusJKL and Norway

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
If people want me kicked out of BU for whatever reason, you should just vote and be done with it.
Thanks for your interjection. My interpretation of this is that you are not objecting to this BUIP being put up for vote. In which case, it will be, and further debate is not required about whether the bar is reached for voting.

@Tom Zander, indeed you highlight compelling evidence.
@imaginary_username would you kindly update your OP with the graphic in Tom's post? As it is the OP which comprises the BUIP for the membership to make its decision.

Windowly

Dec 10, 2015
I do think kicking out anybody from membership for any reason is setting a really bad precedent and is counter-productive. If you don't like someone nobody is forcing you to vote for proposals they initiate or support.

Reactions: Zarathustra

imaginary_username

Aug 19, 2015
I don't think you read the OP, @Windowly . This is not about a particular political stance or member preference. There is a line responsible adults follow no matter which digital currency or political parties one like, and he crossed it.

Reactions: freetrader

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
@Windowly the BUIPs to remove norway and imainary_username are both sponsored by the members they target, had they not been they would not have been added to voting due to lack of evidence/cause.

Reactions: imaginary_username

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
This isn't a BUIP about BSV-hating but about whether we are going to tolerate members who participate in public doxxing sponsored by CoinGeek.

Yes, sure. It's just a random signal that imagine, an even worse ABC and anti bsv Hardliner, starts this witch hunt against Norway, the loudest bsv supporter.

And it is just a random signal that nobody cared when bergalex or theymos have been doxxed here.

And it's also a random signal that Norway did not doxx, but just gave a guess. And that hodlonaut doxxed himself with his ln node ..

So, keep telling that this is some kind of moral thing. It is what it is - another attempt of the anti bsv fanatics to push out people from bu not sharing their view.

So, your bonus: I will not stay part of an organization whihh votes out Norway for being pro bsv. Take your chance bsv haters, you got two hits with one punch.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I think that everyone should declare here to me their sins and we can all decide through a democratic process whether or not they are to be allowed further as voting members in the Bitcoin Unlimited organization

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Hmm, from my reading Norway posted the exact street and address of place of work of the man.
Unlike @Tom Zander, I don't know the identity of this Hodlonaut. It's common knowledge in the norwegian bitcoin community that it was the same owner of The Kasbah Hub (Co working space) and The Kasbah (restaurant, great hummus) on the other side of the street.

Sharing this common knowledge is no more doxing than @Peter R doxing Contrarian.

I hope they find this anonymous troll and make him responsible for his own actions in a court of law.

I don't think this BUIP is motivated by anything else than getting me kicked out of BU because I'm pro Bitcoin SV - the original bitcoin protocol.

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
> I don't think this BUIP is motivated by anything else than getting me kicked out of BU because I'm pro Bitcoin SV - the original bitcoin protocol.

you sponsored this BUIP.....