### Announcing the next BU Vote: 5 October 2018 ###

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Bitcoin Unlimited members are advised that the next vote on BUIPs will be open for 5 calendar days in the window 5-9 October 2018.

The close-off date for new BUIPs is 21 September 2018 to allow the minimum two-week period for membership debate. Proposers of existing draft BUIPs are welcome to advise that their BUIP is ready for membership vote.
Only AFTER 21 September 2018 does the BUIP list below become FINAL.
edit 22 September 2018: the BUIP list below is FINAL.

The BUIPs for vote will comprise:
Note: The vote recording and counting system on the BU website will be used.
A "### VOTE ###" thread will be created on 5 October however, this will redirect members to the voting page on the website. Ideally, the vote thread will only be for Q&A and comments about the vote process.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
VOTING FOR BUIPs 93 98 101 103 104 105 IS SET FOR 5 TO 9 OCTOBER 2018
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL
H928JyrCZIc7I8dLbBTSiNBWnWy2ELxX8pwZ22ju9gsAEwMCuhW8fWL8KnZGIsyg6qo0sV4HlTb40XNubui3jE8=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
The next vote is scheduled for 5 October 2018, where the deadline for new BUIPs is 21 September. Once this closes for all time-zones, I will revise the above BUIP list so that it is final.
edit: 22 September: the voting list is final.

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Early Voting & Technical Issues

The rules allow for early votes to be lodged with the secretary. This is in case of expected non-availability during the voting window.
In practice, this means recording votes here in a signed format, by replying to this thread: example from previous vote. Early votes can be lodged from today, as the BUIP list above is final.

This also applies during the vote if any technical issue affects a member voting via the BU website.

Reactions: Peter R

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
I currently do not have access to my BU voting keys. I have talked with @solex about this, and I am manually submitting my votes here.

Development & Operational BUIPs
BUIP093: -- accept
BUIP098: -- abstain
BUIP101: -- reject
BUIP103: -- accept
BUIP104: -- accept

Membership BUIP
BUIP105: New Members for Election #11
1. @mkomaransky -- Accept
2. @jtoomim -- Accept
3. @Bissias -- Abstain
4. @xmodulus -- Abstain

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@singularity,
I will provisionally include your votes, but do please update your post with a signature when possible.

edit: as per PM and @torusJKL mention, please move the vote in the meantime,

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@solex, I believe the voting site is behaving anomalously w.r.t. the BUIP103 voting results which have reverted to 'quorum not reached' whereas before it had shown differently all the time.

BUIP093 shows up as quorum reached for me despite it having the same number (19) of ballots cast on site as BUIP103.

That seems inconsistent.

EDIT: this has been cleared up via Slack. The quorum display may oscillate since it depends on votes cast so far. As long as a supermajority has voted in favor, a 25% quorum applies. If a vote is more equally contested, the quorum changes to 50%.

I think this is confusing since the Vote Result doesn't show the applicable quorum while it can oscillate the quorum status.
I'm going to see if I can propose an improvement to the display of the "The quorum has been reached" output line.
What I would like to see is output like:

The quorum (25% of 41) has been reached: yes

or

The quorum (50% of 41) has been reached: no

depending on which quorum is applied according to the vote results as they come in.
Otherwise the site gives the impression of applying a single quorum, which confuses the heck out of me every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: solex