Will Classic team merge 0.12.1 & 0.12.2 ? They should make a public statement to clarify

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
See also

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4fqnk6/will_classic_team_merge_0121_0122_they_should/

Just thought I'd link to that so people know there is ongoing discussion on this.

My POV is that the changes proposed by those versions should be put up for discussion to gauge interest in them. If they are not critical to the continued safe functioning of Classic clients, then they should be prioritized like all other changes in the roadmap.

I could see some of them (upcoming SegWit) possibly affecting the security of the client, so it would be good to know how Classic proceeds with SW in their roadmap in more detail.

Last edited:

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
Core and Classic have some different opinions on various topics. Not just what Bitcoin is, but also how to develop it.

One of the changes is that in Classic we try to use experience from the industry brightest minds on how to run a software project. Specifically this means that we differ from the 'core' group in the following items;

• We label miner releases as bugfix and stable releases. Those releases should be boring and upgrading should be practically free for anyone.
  • We use the standard git branching model. So, in contrast to Core, we merge between our branches.
  • We embrace the idea that code should live. Making a merge-request that will be open for weeks before its perfect and can be merged is exactly the opposite. It stops people from making minor fixes and it stops people from submitting good-enough code in favour of never committing something 'perfect'. Practically this means that we merge more often.
The changes made in 0.12.1 in Core that were just bugfixes also appeared in Classic 0.12.1.

The changes made in 0.12.1 in Core that were new features will have to wait for a new feature release (0.13, likely).

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com

Shahadatkhan00

Jan 28, 2024
Are you ready to embark on a journey to financial abundance in the world of cryptocurrencies? Stake $UP on TonTogether's #TonUp Launchpad and unlock an array of exciting opportunities. Don't miss out on securing your portion of the 100M $TOT tokens and join the unstoppable march towards a decentralized future. Click here to learn more: https://go.tonup.io/GldKvG #TogetherTON #Tot #TON #web3 #innovation #Crypto

BrenWright

Feb 26, 2024
This is how 30 seconds of your time can earn you a free gadget such as iPhone, Steam deck, Playstation, Laptop, iPad, etc. If that is too real to be true, then check it out HERE