Why aren't there many women in the crypto space?

icravethenectar

Aug 18, 2019
Whenever you attend meet-ups or see photos from blockchain or crypto events, 90% of those in attendance and those representing blockchain companies are usually guys.

What's stopping women from getting into the crypto space?

Systematic barriers? Lack of interest? Lack of acceptance?

What could we do to increase their numbers?

Reactions: Lanesfer

tradebuddy

Sep 30, 2019
Its only 8-10% of the total crypto traders that are women. Women still need a push as far as this field is concerned. Workshops, consumer friendly applications are some ways I think this participation rate can be improved.

Fang

Aug 26, 2019
awareness and authenticity. most women avoid crypto's is because they this its unreliable and they avoid taking the risk.

Chez

Sep 24, 2019
The one reason is that most women aren't willing to take huge risk which men could afford.
Any female trader here? I hope someone can share why they really can't do the same.

Lanesfer

Jun 14, 2019
In my opinion, girls are not prone to serious risk. This is obvious because cryptocurrency has high volatility.

kate678

Banned
Oct 29, 2019
Seattle, USA
Interesting question! I think, it is not also about cryptocurrecny trading, but about trading in general. It seems that there aren't many women in stock or Forex trading.

Oakfreak

Nov 13, 2019
If there are some women but usually they are very few because most of them do not understand how to trade.

Sunnyday

Banned
Mar 17, 2020
I can't agree with the precious post. Everyone can learn trading. But this kind of earning money has always been more suitable for men.

C4amo

May 13, 2020
If there are some women but possibly a few because they don’t have someone to explain them or a better view of the business.

C4amo

May 13, 2020
Exactly, I hadn’t thought about it but I think you’re right because many people who are already in crypto have careers or jobs similar to computer or programming, which makes it easier to understand all the movement or investments with crypto.

Lilybeth

May 15, 2020
If womens were more empowered to try into tech fields, like men, instead of "Women careers" such like management, nursering, design and stuff, I think the numbers of women who knows about cryptos would definetly increase