Where's a good place to view miner support for the UAHF?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Good question. I think the best right now would be to check what pools have announced support.

We'll only know actual miner support once the fork chain is created and mined, and some block explorers and maybe coin.dance show us what's happening.

Reactions: AdrianX

junan

Jul 24, 2017
I had a quick look for statements from the largest mining pools (controlling 75% of Bitcoin's hashrate). Here's what I found:

Bitmain (AntPool + BTC.com, 32.3%), "We are closely observing the “BCC” movement and do not rule out the possibility of supporting both Segwit2x and BCC." (July 24th)

BTC.top (12.7%), “We will split the hashrate based on BCC’s and BTC’s price. Let the market and price decide everything,” - BTC.top's founder according to trustnodes.com (July 23rd)

BTCChina (7.7%), "基于对创新币种的支持及对用户资产的保护,比特币中国将根据BCC运营的实际情况,谨慎决定在什么时间、以怎样的方式进行相应的支持,具体细节会在后期公布。" (July 25th), translate.google.com: "Based on the support for innovative currencies and the protection of user assets, Bitcoin China will, in accordance with the actual situation of BCC operations, carefully decide when and how to support it, and the details will be announced later."

F2Pool (6.9%), I find no relevant comment.

Bixin (6.4%), "If BCC comes out as planned on August 1st, according to the convention, Bixin is going to exchange BCC for Bitcoin and send the bitcoins to our users." (July 26th)

BWPool (4.7%), Nothing particularly relevant but there was a hastily retracted statement regarding Bitcoin Unlimited: "No Bitcoin Core/Unlimited, there must be only one Bitcoin. A greatly controversial fork, both soft or hard, will damage even kill Bitcoin." (March 29th)

ViaBTC (4.5%), "... we decide to make precautions for the upcoming UAHF and provide a new option for users, on the basis of our support of SegWit2x under New York Agreement. We will designate the token “Bitcoin Cash” (BCC) to the possible split coin led by the activation of UAHF ..." (July 16th)

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
ViaBTC offer cloud mining and a pool.

I'd say it's too early to switch as blocks that are not signaling BIP141 are being deliberately orphaned by miners. Hence Slush has dropped BU as a mining option. I wouldn't take the risk mining on the BCC pool just yet not until the split.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
From what I understood the BCC pool on ViaBTC will mine regualr BTC untilt he split date and then switch automatically to mine BCC.