What do you think about new blockchain for Bitcoin Unlimited?

termion

Oct 27, 2016
Old blockchain - 7 years ... Old blockchain has old errors, crash when crash computer, slowest transaction etc...

I think - soon will be time for launch new blockchain - and new Bitcoin as Bitcoin Unlimited ...

After 15 November - and release 0.13.1 (Segregated Witness), Bitcoin and Bitcoin Unlimited may have separate ways ? ( and maybe - separate coins ( BTC and BU ( or simple "B"), for example ?)

Your opinion?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
ETC is not a completely new coin, I think you're confused.
BU is a *Bitcoin* implementation.

My opinion is that most new coins are scams.

termion

Oct 27, 2016
I agree with you - almost all coins - scam... And I agree - ETC - not new coin.... ETC - own path of development , ETH - own path of development... Maybe, this will destroy Ethereum ...

But 15 November - Segregated Witness ( people, who support Bitcoin Unlimited, negative to Segregated Witness ... I read many articles about this)... Bitcoin and Bitcoin Unlimited after 15 November can will separate ... Etc has own blockchain , ETH has own blockchain ... Etc has own price (0,6 dollar in first day; max price - 2,76 dollar ...4-5x ... ) , ETH has own price ... And Bitcoin will have own price, and Bitcoin Unlimited will have own price ( on first time small , maybe ) .

Last edited:

priestc

Nov 19, 2015
I like the idea of an altcoin with a new genesis block that runs with unlimited blocksize. It could be a good way to prove that the concept of unlimited blocksize is feasible. That said, that doesn't mea the BU project should give up on trying to get the BTC network to adopt unlimited blocksize...

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Bitcoin and Bitcoin Unlimited after 15 November can will separate ... [snip] ... And Bitcoin will have own price, and Bitcoin Unlimited will have own price ( on first time small , maybe ) .
No, Bitcoin Unlimited will only fork if a miner produces a bigger block.
Segregated Witness is a soft fork - it would degrade BU nodes' ability to validate (if it becomes active), but it would not create a new "BU coin". There is no chance of BU having its own price unless there is a hard fork that happens, or like you suggested, someone makes an altcoin with a new genesis block out of it.

Are you suggesting you are going to start a fresh coin based on BU?