Welcome to the ABC subforum on the Bitcoin Forum.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Thanks to @Bloomie for giving us this space to discuss matters related to the Bitcoin ABC software.

Generally, I think issues relating to the UAHF specification are also on topic here, as that is what ABC is striving to implement.

This subforum is intended to answer support questions of nearly any kind, and to act as an additional (and perhaps more persistent) resource than the ephemeral Slack discussion threads with their limited histories.

As already announced, @Mengerian and myself are co-moderating here.

Other support resources you may want to look at too if you can't find answers here:

ABC Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinabc

ABC channels on BTCfork public slack : self-invite through https://btcforks.signup.team/

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Great job on this, in very confusing times.

So quick question, as i'm a little concerned about fracturing the big block movement.

According to https://www.bitcoincash.org/

Fork Date: 2017-08-01 12:20 p.m. UTC. Is this now totally fixed and un-negotiable?

Namely would it be possible to do a last minute adjustment to the time, coincident with any Segwit 2x activation block, once it's known? Perhaps use the same block number to tie in with BUIP055?

This is not a criticism, i'm just trying to understand how all the pieces fit together.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@lunar :

I don't think the date will shift - that would require someone to start mining the chain publicly ahead of that date, and it requires significant investment. That would have to be negotiated with miners willing to invest that much.

SegWit may lock in but will not activate before Aug 1.

Bitcoin Cash must emerge as a child of the market now.
I believe the miners currently backing UAHF have stood by their word honorably in the past, and will continue to do so.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Late adopters will get a second chance to become early adopters of a coin (Bitcoin Cash) that starts with very low value but eventually surpasses Bitcoin Segwit. Just as BU started with zero hashing power 2 years ago and climbed to 40% support in just 2 years. I see a good chance that we will be able to repeat this process.

ChironRegera

Jul 23, 2017
The current Bitcoin Cash (BCC) symbol already belongs to BitConnect (BCC). This is causing confusion among users .... Have you given some thought to maybe BTCC or BITC instead? Doesn't look like anyone is using those symbols yet.

junan

Jul 24, 2017
Fork Date: 2017-08-01 12:20 p.m. UTC. Is this now totally fixed and un-negotiable?

Namely would it be possible to do a last minute adjustment to the time, coincident with any Segwit 2x activation block, once it's known? Perhaps use the same block number to tie in with BUIP055?
I believe BitcoinCash wants to avoid SegWit completely and instead adopt a cleaner, hard-fork-requiring equivalent (something like flexible transactions). If so, they would have to fork soon.

Reactions: freetrader

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
@junan Agreed. Which is why I said coincident with segwit 2x activation, my implicit assumption was that BUIP55 would also be adjusted to activate at the same block number. The BUIP55 method would be used, just not at the originally proposed blockheight.

ChironRegera

Jul 23, 2017
@Bloomie I also created a Facebook page but as a Facebook group, this will allow people to come together around a common cause and provide us with the flexibility that a Facebook page doesn't.

However, I do understand the concern about anonymity as you have to "join", but it is a closed group and I would never encourage anyone to post or share anything that they are not comfortable doing.