Website Cleanup

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@theZerg

I don't know how to github or I'd submit a pull request, but the website still has some issues as mentioned in the other thread by several people:
  • the HTML versions of the papers are very broken-looking and should be removed (or fixed)
  • the images on for example this page use image files that are about 50x too large so load slowly (even on my fiber optic line), which looks bad. The images need to be resized to fit in the small space first to reduce data size.
The existing image on that page is 8.72 MB(!). Here's a smaller version that should fit just right:

Last edited:
Reactions: sickpig and Peter R

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@TrevinHofmann

Just a minor correction to the FAQ page if you are already working on an update (and sorry if you already have that):

> Will unlimited size blocks actually result in gigantic blocks?

The above section is repeated in the FAQ.

Reactions: TrevinHofmann

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Unclear to me as well, but I'll hazard a wild guess: Online affiliations on the Site Report page (although I didn't see any specified in detail - might be my browser protection settings filtering out some data).

What I mean is that because a lot of scammers try to advertise on here, this might negatively affect the ranking of the site.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@AdrianX

could you paste here the "site report" (the link on the bottom left corner) ?