Walt Disney Refuses to Pay Ransom in Bitcoin for Stolen Upcoming Movie

manuelmane

Banned
Jan 11, 2017
Walt Disney studio seems to be being blackmailed by hackers, who are claiming to have access to Disney movies.

According to Bob Iger, CEO of Walt Disney, hackers demanded the studio pay a ransom in Bitcoins, otherwise they will release an upcoming movie before the date of the official release. Attackers threatened they would first release five minutes video of the film, then they claim they will be revealing 20-minute chunks until their financial demands are met. However, Iger said Disney is refusing to pay any ransom.

You can read the full article and take part in the discussion here: https://coinidol.com/disney-refuses-to-pay-ransom-in-bitcoin/

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
paying the random just gives more hackers a reason to do more hackers,

instead disney should put that money and invest in cyber security,

disney is garbage anyways, i wouldnt pay for their crap, i always pirate their movies, which is rarely since i stay away from amercian garbage

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
thanks for posting, Why do you think hackers choose bitcoin when they have Monero and Dash which are more anonymous?

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
because bitcoin is the most popular and easiest to purchase

mainstream has heard more about bitcoin then monero or dash

Reactions: AdrianX

Zolin

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Now all hackers want to be paid in bitcoins. But I haven't heard of anyone actually getting the money.