Unable to send txns unless fully synced on both BU-cash and BitcoinABC

go1111111

I'm trying to use either BitcoinABC or BU Cash Edition (0.16.1) to send a transaction once the software is aware of the inputs I want to send, without being fully synced to the tip of the chain. I've not been able to do so with either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With BU Cash, it looks like it's about to send, but then it gives me an error "The transaction was rejected! This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, ...". However, I know the coins aren't spent. Is it just saying this because it isn't fully synced and wants to be safe? How can I get around this?

With BitcoinABC, it looks like it sends the transaction but it never actually broadcasts it. If I click on the transaction details, it says "Status: 0/unconfirmed, not in memory pool." Is it intentionally waiting to send the txn until it's fully synced? How can I force it to send the transaction?

When I use Bitcoin Core, it does send transactions without being fully synced. This is much nicer behavior since syncing takes ~10 hours on my computer.